Worrying Worrying Worrying

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi does anybody keep worrying how they feel most of the time...it seems like the minute I get of bed menopause like there is nothing else to worry about it does your head in...although I get on with things seem to be at the back of your mind.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i feel fedup to,when it first started a few years back i didnt realise it was perimeno id started having lighter periods for shorter days  which i thought was great as i always was heavy, then started losing my hair but then that stoped then i started losing my sex drive then got real dry down there then stressed out all the time and dizzy. thenstarted to put weight on round middle cant lose it as im so tierd and achy all the time just cant exersise alot all my joints started to hurt especialy my elbows knees and wrists, then headachs they passed for a wile then started to bleed and bleed none stop for over six months then hospital havi g tests got thick womb lining 15 mm. not cancer thank goodness, then offerd norethisteron for periods to stop they did then i stoped taking it after a few months and had a heavy period then that was it havnt had a period since begining of november. also sweats i was geti g them real bad more i. day than at night id sweat through my cloths so bad id be changi g all the time, then it carmed down, still sweat but its alot better as of now, cant sleep and when i do i wake up then tierd all day with an extra booost of tierdness every so often ontop of that.

brain fog thin hair lots fell out, going gray geting wrinkles looking alot older in just a few months and feel yuk, im 48 this year and i always looked young for my age and i was slim to say id had several children now 11 stone mostly around middle. just fedup missrable cry just dont like this at all its not me. i cry to be thiner cry to have energy to go exersise when i just walk to school with kids i ach i get out of breath so unfit and tierd and iv just got up but feel like i need to sleep. i cant beleive we have to go through all this at this age. i dont have a mother or aunts to ask or had anyone to tell me id go through all this i always thought meno was a late 50s thing and it was just periods stop and some maybe headachs and flushes no one told me id go dry down below go off sex and look old so soon. i must admit its very depresses as i just dont know what will happen next. especialy when you hear of all the different symptoms you can get. and alo i itch especialy at night just itch alover hate it. no wonder we all depressed. at the moment i dont know what im lacking in in the homones but im nit dry anymore down below. thats ok at moment so ups and downs with that, its my hair its horrid as thick as my finger in a ponytail lost loads i dont have bald patches but i can see my scalp thast depressing.im tierd all time still and my joints ach like when i get up from sitting my ankls kill and when i forst get up in morrnings im stiff, my elbows hurt apparently now i have tennis elbow.

started with bags and wrinkls under my eyes and my lips got alot thiner, just ageing now fast i deff look my age now infact i look older.so yep depresed and hate it.think my husbands sick of hearing it. but hel say im still sexy lol.

i deff dont feel it. i dont look at myself in mirror anymore as i know i need to lose some weight but just dont have energy to start.i need a good push and a boost  to get going.

• Posted

Yes maria, im officially menopausal and have had anxiety build over the past 18 mths as i was going through it to the point where i am not sleeping and am suffering panic attacks, palpitations, terrible anxiety. I have just started on betablockers to calm my heart from the adrenalin dumps and antidepressants to hepegully lift the anxiety, but its getting worse before it will get better. I went from having regular periods to nothing overnight so its no wonder the effects have been severe...no gradual phasing out! Its been a nightmare, unanle to work due to anxiety and now side effects of meds. Hope itll subside so i can get back to work as i dont get sickpay! Never suffered from anxiety or depression so its gotta be the menopause surely? Im thinking about hrt, think docs perhaps too quick to treat with AD's? Whats your experience Maria?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.