Worst pain in the morning frozen shoulder

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

My second frozen shoulder (right side) has really kicked in over the last week. I'm taking pain killers through the day, pain right down to hand, hand feels numb. During the nights its worse, very achey.

I'm getting excruciating pain on waking or just after I wake. It really hurts and is tricky to straighten my arm out. The morning pain last around 10/15 minutes and then eases to the aches mainly throughout the day. Does anyone get this in the morning? Any advice?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Absolutely, in the latter stages I would wake up and my arm would actually be OK until I had moved it for 10-15 minutes, bathroom, make coffee etc, then it would be sore for anything up to a couple of hours, I'd decide at that point whether to use a pain relief patch, some heat, pop a pill etc. and then it would ease off a bit for the rest of the day. I could get on with my days activities and as long as I didn't try to push my ROM it was tolerable.

• Posted

hi everyone

seems like i am here . thought i would try an old post.

shoulder operation was fine. no pain from that. frozen shoulders both have locked up big time. ROM is at about 65% of normal in comparison.

thought i was over this and in the past. seems to hang over me all the time. day time is fine its the night ache monster that comes out. back on pain killers of a night. awake from 2am most mornings again.

have me tshellz electro magnetic pad on 4 times a day. still physio . i am trying MET at the moment.

it has been muted that i may have both arms hydro dilation done to try and re break the scars again

still positive some days grumpy. some days very grumpy.

even built a gym to try and help the joints ( resistance band work. light weights)

just dont work

how

you all doing in the process. give me some

good news your doing fine at least

colin

• Posted

hi samhgt

see you are still posting. and has got worse. my origional shoulder the left on really kicked off in the last shut down.

to a point i approached spires health. got capsular release and a decompression done to the joint. was out for 4 hours. he was in the joint for 2 of them.

thats it final option last card played on this. i was just so fed up with the night aches which came back to haunt me. post hydro dilation.

surgeon verdict on his notes read. still sever frozen joint. will not recover.

surgery brutal . physio constant form waking up.

i have total sympathy for you . and i am booked to have the right shoulder done as well.

i did find an artical about PFFS persistent frozen shoulder .

i am off for 3 months recovering. physio every other day. physio at home all day. scaring cannot re form

let me know how you are

a very sore colin ( professional pin cushion now)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.