Worth a thought...

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi to all Forum Friends 🙋🏼 hope you're all well. Have you sometimes wondered why you might feel 'odd' or just not well when you go out to shops/malls? thinking it's a menopause thing that might spark anxiety etc YES, is very possible but wondered if there might be something else? MI have discovered there's another reason....Flourescent lighting! there's been times when I've gone out & I've probably mentioned it here in my posts that I feel odd thinking it all a menopause thing but after much thought & process of elimination( I started to feel better when I went back outside away from the shops) I thought of the fluro lighting that is in nearly every shop, so I googled the effects of this type of lighting....very interesting!, fluorescent lighting can cause panic attacks, anxiety, headaches even fits/seizures, this is because there's a level of pulsing in the light which isn't seen but effects the brain AND some shops/malls are worse than others depending on the amount of lighting used. Many times in the past I wondered why I would feel agitated when I'd been out shopping, quite possibly the lighting. Talking of anxiety etc, Vitamin B's...may have been mentioned here before but they too can cause anxiety in some people, I no longer take them...but talk to your Dr before stopping or starting any supplement. For B vitamins I now have a good dollop of malt extract mixed into my porridge every morning, nice n natural.

Do hope this has helped, is worth a thought...

Keep Well, hugs n 💐  to you all

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

good heavens, where do you get the energy to go to a mall?  And, yes, The floresent lighting is not a good thing.  I worked in a large building and they finally had to come and put light shaded ping covers on all of the floresents.  We did notice the difference, especially working on computers and not really being able to see the computer screens clearly due to the strong lighting.  My eyes were affected and ended up with glasses to work.

Bless you for going out and doing things in place of the rest of us

kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.