wow ! !

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have to share this as I cannot beleive what has just happened,  I am 24 days post tkr and I have just ACCIDENTALLY walked across the room without crutches, I now have hope that it will eventually all be ok,(but I am too scared to try it again ) 

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Was this a wine induced stroll or a sudden need to get to the powder room that was stronger than the fear of walking solo? I'd keep a cane handy but it sounds like you are about ready to leave the nest and fly.
  • Posted

It's such a good feeling isn't it??? I feel like a kid in a sweet shop when I do something like walking without a stick or walking up and down the stairs! Today I walked to my local shops without a stick!! Thought is won the lottery!! Well done you and keep up the good work! 😅😅😅
  • Posted

razz Congratulations!  I was ready to do this ages before my physio would let me. . She kept on and on about not walking without crutches, and I really don't know why!  If it feels OK, I;m sure it is ok!
  • Posted

Well done you 👏🏻👍🏻😀

That's how I found out I could manage without mine in the house. I daren't walk outside for fear of face planting on the pavement. Plus physio told me I'm walking too dodgy to go without.

• Posted

Well done you...your body is telling you 'it's ok and getting better'  just keep one crutch handy.

I have one parked just in the hall for if I need it going upstairs and the other is parked near the lounge door...

• Posted

Way to go!!! I'm sure there will be many more times to follow. Keep up the good work.
  • Posted

Well done! It happens all of a sudden doesn't it? I am now 7 weeks post-op and this morning I realised that I had washed my feet how I used to - standing on one leg and just lifting my foot up to wash it.  So good balance on the new knee and good bend in lifting it up.
    • Posted

Snap, sparkyrockgirl....I did that 2 nights ago to moisturise my leg and foot and didn't realise it until I changed legs!!!!
  • Posted

Fantastic!! Isn't it great when something like that happens? Same happened to - went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and couldn't find my crutches and then realised Yipes!!I'd left them in the bedroom and walked unaided half asleep!! Well done you!!☺☺☺☺☺☺
    • Posted

Isn't it great that something so simple can make us firm fantastic!! No one else would understand that. Here's to all us tkr buddies!!! 😉😊😉😉😉
  • Posted

Hey, well done! Funny how we suddenly find ourselves doing something automatically that we wouldn't normal normally consider possible. When I'm having a "good" day, I'll often leave one of my crutches lying around the house. What the neighbours must think when they hear me shout "Stephen, have you seen my crutch lately?" . 😄

Keep up the good work, it sounds like it's given you a little confidence boost xxx

• Posted

well you certainly give the neighbours ( and me ) a laugh ! ! Life at the moment swings between excercise and total boredom, so all laughs appreciated ... thankyou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.