Wow in a bit of shock!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had a routine visit with my surgeon yesterday and he's really happy with how my R-TKR is going altho I've still got a few issues.  I was telling him how my left knee which was as bad as my right was stopping me from alot of exercises which he understood .. and he asked when did I want the next one done and I just replied with asap.  Next thing he said I can give you a date and I'm thinking to myself oh yeah it'll be like the first one and a 4wk wait and he comes back and says 8am Monday and I go this Monday and he says yes .. sort of hit me when I was expecting about a months wait .. he said he had a cancellation and he might as well slip me in to get it over and done with.

I'm so looking forward that I'll finally be able to get further with both knees in time .. but at the same time as much as my left knee is so painful and hinders alot of what I do I'm sad that I'll no longer have the feeling of a normal knee .. as after 11mths I'm still not used to the feeling of my new knee.  But in saying that I know it's something that has to be done.

For those of you that don't know my story I was run over by a truck that totally wrecked both knees and alot of other things .. but getting my knees approved by the government insurance company as they are responsible for all my injuries and bills initially took them 6yrs to approve my knee surgeries .. they were apprehensive as they were the biggest expense for them and if anything ever happens to them they are responsible for the rest of my life.

Thanks for listening... Tracey

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tracey...I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you have had to wait so long for your TNR Surgeries...so ridiculous! But happy for you that you've had one done & are scheduled for the other. I hope all goes well...please keep us posted. I know what you mean about feeling the loss of your actual (real) knee. I sort of feel the same way. I"m 7 months out from my first TNR & also need my other knee done anytime I'm ready for it. It's pretty much bone on bone & painful a lot but not sure when to do it since I'm still healing, like you, from the 1st one. And then also that feeling of not having my own knee even though it's in rough shape. 

• Posted

Anyways...Best of Luck on Monday! I'm sure all will go well!,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.