Writing....,

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has this awful condition affected any of your hand writing, can you actually still write properly?!!!

I can, for about 30 seconds!!!!!!! Takes me ages at the moment.

Actually it's 1.30 am. I hope you're all getting some sleep.x

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh no Mel......you need some kind of painkiller to allow you to sleep you poor thing. It's 2pm now over here.....I have had reasonably good nights the last 4 nights since I went onto the stronger Targin.mi used to dread going to bed cause I new I wouldn't sleep, now I look forward to it, cause I have my pain relief and routine happening 😊
    • Posted

Hi. I think I'm on about everything they can give me!!! I do get really tired but fight it, as it's hard work getting comfortable!!!!

When I see my Doctor, I'm going to ask her about Targin. So it's nearly bedtime for you?! Amazing isn't it, we are so far away but having these conversations!! I hope today hasn't been too bad a day for you? X

• Posted

Hi lovely....how are you doing today? Yep I'm at the end of THURSDAY and it's almost 7pm. Have you had an ultra sound of your shoulder Mel?? I'm worried the MRI is going to be too painful for you. My osteopath told me when they thought I had Frozen Shoulder that a MRI would be very painful because of the time it takes and the fact you have to lay sooooo still. The ultra sound wasn't uncomfortable at all really and showed that my problem was a tear in the rotator cuff which gives all the symptoms of frozen shoulder including no movement range. Hope your day is ok today. I can't see why we can get Targin here in Oz and you wouldn't be able to. When do you see your doctor??
    • Posted

I'm ok thank you. Actually that is a fib as I feel atrocious. Everyone here had a rotten cold virus over the last couple of weeks. Thought I'd got away with it, but woke up yesterday with it!!!!! Everything seems worse!!! I have to stop moaning!!!! I have never been like this before!!!!

Yes the Physio said to ask my GP for some diazepam for the day of the scan, as like you said about not moving at at all and it being claustrophobic! It will take about 45-50mins.

I will see GP in 2 weeks. When I googled targin, there was a bit about it being new in Europe. Didn't check the date though.

It sounds great though. I really want to try it. Xx

• Posted

It's not the claustrophobia that bothers me, it's laying still for that length of time if your arm and shoulder is in an uncomfortable position. I'm guessing they don't do ultra sounds over there??

Oh no you poor LUV....just what you need is a cold virus.....NOT 😩

Do you have VICKS over there?? You should be able to get it at BOOTS. We rub it on the soles of our feet then put socks on, especially before bed. It helps with cold symptoms and runny nose. Sounds weird....but it works 😜

• Posted

Lol....your not moaning....in this forum we are ALL in pain of some sort, and we all appreciate being able to unload to people that understand our pain πŸ’ŠπŸ˜˜πŸ’ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ˜˜πŸ’ŠπŸ˜˜
    • Posted

Yes both will bother me I'm sure!!! I can't imagine keeping still like that!! I've never had anything done like it before. Yes we do have ultra sound scans, but I think I'm having the MRI because they want to look at the nerve endings and whatever else in my neck. Don't think ultra sound can do that.

I will buy some Vicks today and try it!!!!

Do you know, like I'm not a moper, always get on with things and always the strong one, wherever I am or whatever situation, but Im like a fraction of myself, and sad enough to say that I'm actually feeling sorry for myself!

Did all this make you shut yourself away at all?! X

• Posted

I do go out....but only if I have to. I find with the constant pain that sometimes it's just too exhausting getting ready. I have been staying home much more than usual since I've had it. I don't go to work, retired from work 2 years ago. So some days I just dose on and off in an arm chair all day. I've got my 5 month old grandson for an hour tomorrow, LUV that SO much. But once I have my surgery next Friday I will be in a sling for 6 weeks so I won't be able to have him on my own cause I won't be able to manage at all with only one arm πŸ˜₯.

MEL.......don't beat yourself up, your not a moaner or a wussy or a moper. On here we all know and understand exactly what your going through, we are all going through it too. So don't ever think you can't unload here......because you can and we will listen and support you as you will support us 😘❌❌❌

• Posted

Yes that's how I am with the going out part. I take my son to school everyday. That's about it really, except for appointments!

It's exhausting. You're exactly right. Just think of all those snuggles you'll have tomorrow.

I know it is frustrating and hurtful, the idea of not being able to cope alone with your grandson, but it will go super quick. You can just sit with him in the crook of your other arm, and just breathe him in. I believe young children have an extra sense about things, because they're so vulnerable.

Yes I love this, and that I've 'met' you all! It's fantastic.

You'll be turning in soon?? If you already have, sleep well and lots of wonderful happy dreams. Xx

• Posted

Thanks luvvy...yep it's 9.30pm here.....I'm about to take my Targin and toddle off to bed.

nighty night....will talk tomoz

😘❌❌❌❌

• Posted

Hey Mel....I've just looked on the little pamphlet thingy that comes in the box of Targin and guess what????

They are made in the UK and supplied to Australia and New Zealand through a distributor. TARGIN is a Registered Trademark.Β 

It says on the front of the pamphlet out of the box....

TARGIN tablets

oxycodone hydrochloride and naloxone hydrochloride dihydrateΒ 

• Posted

Hi Melanie, yes it did affect my writing. The muscles ached after writing one word and took hours to calm down. It took a while, but I'm writing a silly now. Lots of physio, stretching, 2 ops and sorted. If I write it quickly, it sounds Β fine.Β 

Its all of your muscles complaining, but with the right care, all will be well again. Don't force it....take your time xx

• Posted

Hi Ali. Yes that's right. I will write 2/3 words and my arm kind of seizes, but the ache is terrible. Goes all the way into my neck.

That's great news that you've improved so much πŸ˜€. The ops sound painful though!!!

They're not giving me exercises at the moment as they're waiting till MRI. I said to my daughter that my fear is, them not being able to see anything when they do the scan! I think because it's an "invisible" ailment! I think too much! X

• Posted

hi , it did when i had F/S in my right shoulder , it was quite painful , now in my left shoulder its so annoying, Β just reaching for a cup of tea is bad enough and its difficult to change your habits after 50 years .
  • Posted

Hi Melanie, I'm so glad you posted this - don't feel I am mad now. I have just had surgery for left FS but am right handed and my writing has been awful, really, really bad! Β Is it your dominant side affected by your FS?
    • Posted

Hi Magicpanda! Yes it's all on my right side, I'm totally useless with my left hand!!!

My writing is usually really good. I love writing. I still hand write letters, which seems really archaic! At the moment it's really scruffy!!

You say it's your other side, but it's all connected, so I'm sure it does affect people differently. You've almost certainly over compensated with your right arm, which would have an effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.