Writing....,

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has this awful condition affected any of your hand writing, can you actually still write properly?!!!

I can, for about 30 seconds!!!!!!! Takes me ages at the moment.

Actually it's 1.30 am. I hope you're all getting some sleep.x

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Lol its so good to find that we are all suffering the same and able to 'share' this forum has kept me sane! Deffo have trouble writting sad pain travels all the way to my neck and aches for ages sadย 

IT's good to be able to 'sound off' on here and we all understand!ย 

Mel you can get oxycodon in the UK

• Posted

I've been telling Mel over here in Australia im using Targin 20mg one per night and I find that with a heat bag gives me good pain relief for most of the night.......I agree Linda, it's lovely to be able to talk to someone that understands what we are going through ๐Ÿ˜€
    • Posted

Yes Kerri I use a heat pack - can't do ice packs, although I did really try! Tried acupuncture before surgery and they said to 'ice' 4xdaily - god it was murder sad ย warmth is much better!ย 

Glad you get benifit from your painkillers - but I do think its trial and error and its getting that balance smile

• Posted

Ice packs are awful in the winter.....not too bad using an ice pack here at the moment our days have been in the high 20 low 30 degrees Celsius. But we are into Autumn now so it will start cooling down over the next month......then ice packs are no fun at all ๐Ÿ˜
    • Posted

That's exactly how it feels. It hurts! Annoying.

I love this place!!!

What form does that oxycodon come in over here then? Is that how they prescribe it or does it have another name?

I'm getting twinges in my other shoulder at the moment. It comes and goes.

• Posted

I've only usesd Oxycodone at work in tablet form. So should be easy enough for your GP to prescribe. There are tons and tons of prescription analgesics on the market but its finding the right one for you.........they all have side effects, some worse than others I'm afraid - it is just finding that balance - your GP should be able to see what would be best for you - although finding something that doesn't make you drowsy during the day is difficult - you need to function and not live like a zombie lol smile Its so difficult I do know where you are all coming from! My pain throughout FS has changed - the first phase was the worse- any knocks to my arm would send a trillion electric shocks through my body - got no sleep at all at night - everytime I turned or moved I had tremedous pain........then you eventually drop off you move again - its a vicious circle sad ย When it had frozen the pain was different - still 24/7 constant ache like I had carried a hundred paving slabs on my shoulder...........It always felt like I had a blood pressure cuff fully pumped up sad ย Now since the surgery it feels like someone dropped paving slabs on my shoulder and still the blood pressure cuff tightness sad Lol I still can't pluck my eyebrows or put on mascara!!! Even cleaning my teeth with my affected arm is torture! People do not understand thats for sure!

Well had to abandon housework and the ironing - still agony lifting iron!

My other shoulder is getting twinges now - I hope to god its just because I'm compensating with my left I don't know if I could cope with this again........... I'm off again to physio next tuesday and then consultant next thursday will keep you all updated.......

• Posted

Med that worked for me post op - tramadol, naproxen and omeprazol by day, with liquid morphine to top up inbetween doses if the pain was unbearable. At night I took a slow releasing tramadol that kept me topped up at night. Heaven sent. Getting to sleep is difficult enough, but to wake up because of pain is awful. This did the trick for me and believe me, after the first op, I could have chewed my own arm off it was that painful. That's down to not receiving correct pain management. Once it was sorted, I was happier!

good luck everyone.

• Posted

I have the ability to write

But in meeting it hurts to put my elbows on the table. and sometimes it just hurt so bad when I'm in bed but I would have to admit I've been to round of acupuncture and herbal regiment and I have more mobility they still hurts but I do have more mobility

• Posted

Hi. That's great the treatment you've had has helped. Do you still see your regular GP for pain relief or do you not take any?
    • Posted

Morning Lovely.....how was your night???? Did it involve much sleep ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I'm really really hoping your GP can give you Targin on Tuesday when you go see him.....that's what I'm WISHING for you ๐Ÿ’™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Im in my countdown week now....YAY!!!ย 

Head into surgery Friday morning, have to ring up Thursday arvo to see exactly what time, can't wait to be on the road to recovery

• Posted

Morning.x. I believe your surgery will be a success. You're such a positive person, and you emanate those feelings to others ( from all the way down there too!!!) they are so strong. You're a good and extremely kind person. So, yes after Friday you will most definitely be on that road to recovery. I'm so excited for you Kerri.

I go off to sleep for a while. Then wake about 3. So it's on off dozing.

It's actually really sunny this morning. Beautiful.

I'm cooking lunch (with Isabelle's help!) as my son, Josh is coming with his partner before work. So early one today, but I want to see him!!!

Are you relaxing after your busy day? Xxx

• Posted

Oh thanks for your kind words Mel....means a lot to me to have your support and well wishes.ย 

I so so hope and pray you get some decent pain meds this coming week, I believe you really really have to make the doctor understand how much pain you are in and that you need something go ease the pain especially for night time.myou need at least 8 hours pain free sleep to be able to cope with life during the day time hours.

Sounds lovely if you have sunshine, our day has been warm....around 25c but overcast and wet.

Good girl Isabelle helping your mumma ๐Ÿ’œ, always lovely to see your babies....whatever their age.....enjoy your time with Josh ๐Ÿ’™.

lol.....YEP yep....sitting on my bum watching telly, just had some toast for dinner, couldn't be bothered cooking. Have a beautiful family day my love, you DESERVE it. And if that partner of yours gives you any strife tell him to have a chat with me ๐Ÿ˜˜โŒโŒโŒโŒโŒ

• Posted

Thank you for everything. It does make me feel better. I only hope everyone on here finds some of the relief that I have. Relief from myself, not thinking I'm crazy and imagining it all!!! Know what I mean?!!

Well popping out to pick a few bits up and then start cooking!!

If I don't speak to you before Targin time, have a peaceful and pain free sleep Kerri. Thinking of you. Xxx ps. 4 sleeps left when you wake up tomorrow !!!! Xxx

• Posted

Try a small gel pack or folded cloth to rest your elbow on. It worked for me.
    • Posted

Thankyou for making me smile......enjoy your dayย 

yip yip 4 more sleeps after tonight ๐Ÿ˜€

• Posted

No, i ggiving it time. I do some exercise and strech often. I feel it GP, WAS NO HELP. The orth was a bit helpful but, stated," it will go away over time" he gave me med and orders for PT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.