Writing to Reach You....Day Nine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning All

Had a bad day yesterday...couldn't shake the dark feelings.

Today, am feeling slightly better. Not looking forward to a weekend on my own again...but hey...I always have the VAST quantity of spiders that appear to have invaded my home to keep me company.

A new side effect that has plagued me the last couple of nights...and it's an odd one....vibrating toes!!! Seriously...the toes on my left foot seem to vibrate in time with my heart beat. It starts every evening, then when I go to bed it keeps me awake! It's properly disconcerting! Has anyone else experienced anything like this?! 

Anyway...hope you're all doing ok and staying strong.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all

I have just joined this website.  I have suffered from depression and anxiety for about 15 years now on and off (I'm 32 now).  Having successfully come off of Citalopram last December, things got bad about a month ago, and I have subsequently had to start taking them again.  I'm on day 7, of 20mg, and I'm not feeling any better yet.  I can't sleep, am constantly tired and have no motivation or enthusiam for anything.  The only good thing is I'm not constantly bursting into tears.  I'm also having irrational thoughts, has anyone else experienced this?

Ally

• Posted

Hi Ally

Thanks for posting. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon. I am on 10mg and not feeling the benefit at all so thinking that the Dr will up the dose. Have you ever felt better over the years taking Cit and have you always had these side effects during the start of taking them? I have had many irrational thoughts and still am...not sure if the tablets are meant to stop this as to be fair I was having them before I was on the tablets and I can't work out if they are worse now than before.

I have found as well, but not mentioned it previously, that I can not cry...at all. It's bizarre. I watched "a chick flick" the other night. Not something I do often but when I do, and it touches me, I cry like a baby...this touched me...and not one single tear. I didn't even well up. This has disturbed me greatly!!! Anyway...take care

Nat 

• Posted

Hi Nat

Yes to be fair they have helped me over the years, I think I forget the bad parts though, like the side effects.  I can't remember having them before, but that's not to say that I didn't.  The irrational thoughts are really getting to me though and causing problems in my relationship.  I'm doubting my feelings about my boyfriend, that have come from no where, I was so happy and now I feel really confused about how I feel.   I'm constantly worried about the future and feel like I have a million things going round in my head and just can't focus on anything.

I know what you mean about not being able to cry, I really can't either.  I normally cry at literally anything, but now nothing.  I feel like a zombie sad.

Ally x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.