Wrongful descision - anterior/posterior repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 34. V.bad forceps delivery. 3 years ago. Resulted in damage down there...

Begged for surgery. What was I thinking? I wasn't even that bad... mild recotocele, moderate cystocele and apparently prominent suburethal cushion (does anyone even know what that means?) I'll ask my gyno at my 8 week post op c/up.

Now I'm 11 days post op and just feel so selfish and stupid for having it done. It was totally bearable and Know feel i should have waited until it got bad(der)

I've got a 2.5 year old who I can't lift. .. (ever again????) And all I've read is not to ever do this, and not to ever do that ...

I thought after surgery is be able to hit the gym again ... hard. Having issues post birth meant I've spent 0 time in the gym doing what I used to. No weights? No heavy lifting of shopping bags? No walking continuously for 10 hours straight ... ( I love walking challenges, and shopping till I drop...)

- have i screwed myself over?

- am I at higher risk now for a far worse prolapse

- even if I take it easy for a few months will the bladder and bowel really be secure?

- because of the op ... Will the prolapse (if it comes back) be worse?

- have i left myself open to a uterus prolapse now?

I want more kids... gyno said would be fine with c sec. She even said I could lift my 2.5.year old after a few weeks. She's so blase about it all... she makes me feel confident in her she's amazing...but is she for real?

Just to share also, post op I've had absoluetly ZERO pain! Stupidly went down to the hospital vending machine to get a cold drink a few hours after surgery ... but felt and feel completely fine! Didn't hurt and doesn't hurt a bit...

Please help. Has anyone here had it done around my age just for extra confidence, to fix what shouldnt have happened in the first place. Am I doomed sad

I'll do my pf exercises and loose weight... but going back to work and have a 2 hour round walking trip carrying a heavy laptop bag most days and bearly get a seat on the commute.

Even having to ask my kids nursery to lift and pack the buggy away for me for the next few months. Hoping they say yes. I'm going to tell them it was a pelvic operation...otherwise tmi

Thanks all.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Everyone is different. One person's overdoing is another person's casual stroll around the neighborhood.

I returned to work (light duty) after 2 weeks and was back to full time after 6 weeks. I developed a new prolapse at the bladders Apex - the only part that was not repaired some time after 10 weeks.This new spot will be repaired laproscopically with mesh.

My point is that getting the first repair actually made a weak point that is my current issue. I suppose that laying around another week or two could have postponed this new damage but sooner or later I would have returned to my active lifestyle.

With you doctor's persmission gently test your limits. Don't let the fear of what could happen dictate enjoying life.

• Posted

HI i feel like I an living in this same regret. Very active and lifting my toddler daily. Very independent and never worrying what i lift or do. No bowel issues just sine occassional leakage. Just thought it would be a quick fix and Id be piggybacking my son up mountains again but this time without pads. Terrified i did this to myself not waiting till he was older. Now Im worried too about always thinking if i do something that Ill ruin myself for the worst. Thought the leakage would be fixed for good. If i had to end up doing all this PT Exercises I should have just done it first without the surgery and been fine likely.

So curious if you feel different now. Do you lift your toddler? Back to old life?

• Posted

hey.

thanks for your comment. around four to five months post op. I'm around 70 per cent. but have taken things so easy... I lift my toddler in short burst and daren't do much else. have truly adapted my activities. not good. I have a gyno appointment in November. I want and need to loose a couple of stone. and main thing for me is lifting weights, lunging squatting... I want to do these things again. I won't run for the train nor will I carry heavy bags. getting there.. but as u can prob tell from this response, still undecided. however I feel the prolapsed would exist regardless... I may have given myself more of a chance to prevent it getting worse. likely to need another opp in my 60s or 70s... which ill be okay with if It allows me a active life while my lo is so young. given myself another few months before thinking I can do anything harder than i do now.

how are you feeling?

• Posted

Still very unnerved by it all.

I have some heaviness and leakage when I stand or sit. Maybe urine getting caught after I pee.

I"m trying to go back to work as it distracts me. Get uncomfortable tho.

I See my surgeon wednesday and Im going to ask a lot of questions.

I did this so i could carry my son without leaking. I never thought i wouldnt be able to lift again.

IM also concerned about my cystocyle that he chose not to fix. i can visually see it.

what makes you say you are only 70%

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.