x-ray showed shadow on the lung

Posted , 4 users are following.

I want to the doctor 2 days ago told him I didn't hurting in my back and my side for a few months just got over the flu and lung infection they sent me for a chest x-ray which day said showed a shadow in the middle of my right lung I go tomorrow 4 an MRI, my father was having pain in his back and his hip on the right side 2 months ago and was diagnosed with lung cancer and it's in his spine and his liverand we are dealing with his and trying to take care of him then I start having the same symptoms and now they tell me that I have that shadow on my right lung real real concerned and to be very honest with you scared which I guess is a natural saying to feel.I have been praying and believing for a good report but I was just wondering if anyone out there had the same symptoms with a good report thank you and have a blessed day

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First of all, deep breaths! I know it’s easier said than done!

I have not had shadows on my X-rays but I just had 2 done due to having bronchitis for almost 2 months. I was worried because I’m a hypochondriac but the X-rays came back normal.

Shadows can mean many things! It could be fluid, calcification, or begnin tumors. Doesn’t have to mean malignant. I would think you would have other symptoms if the shadow was a tumor or something to be concerned about. 

Please keep us updated and stay positive! 

• Posted

I understand the stress you must be under right now.  You are certainly validated in your thoughts.  Please let us know how the MRI turns outs.  I had the flu in November ( I also have emphysema) and coughed so much I have a compression fracture in my lower spine.  The pain is on my left side upper shoulder and lower back.  These were the same symptoms my sister experienced before being diagnosed with cancer.  Don't jump  to conclusions if possible.  I will be praying for you Ted.

• Posted

thank you sir my test came back okay don't know what the Shadow was but they did say I had a fatty liver and they said it is quite common but I still have pain in my lower back and on my right side around toward my stomach and I don't know what's causing it but I think the Lord Jesus Christ for a good report now I'm praying and believing for my dad. thank you all for your kind words your encouragement and your prayers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.