yay got my pip awarded

Posted , 8 users are following.

so pleased after making my claim in January and waiting 5 weeks since my assesment got the txt today to say iv been awarded it such a relief

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done Hun I sent mine of six weeks ago with no reply as of yet could you tell us what to expect?
  • Posted

hi all thanks for replys mine wasn't so bad as I had a really nice lady my advice would be take all your medication with u any medical evidence u have letters off docs etc the person doing the assesment with ask number of questions about your condition how long had it when dignosed etc and how it affects u on a daily basis but when answering the person always answer (on a bad day) and just be as truthfull as u can end of the day they r only typing the report they don't make the decision weather u get the benifit but my report was brill u can ask for a copy of this aswell once it's reached the dwp
  • Posted

and also they ask u to do a number of movements like a examination of how far u can bend or lift arms legs etc
  • Posted

Hi sarapainfree pleased to hear youve been awarded pip yippeeee a good result. smile
  • Posted

Hi congrats,do you suffer with fibromyalgia?
    • Posted

hi yes iv suffered for.nearly 3 years now and only dignosed in November 2015 I also have spinal restrictions x
    • Posted

Same 18/18 but didn't mentioned it on my dla but wit the pip will , I'm suffering with pain all day plus I got arthritis in both knees which I can't move a lot , physio once a week at home but not helping .back lock plus knees I have 2 career one for the night to unlock my knees and back and the day time it's to help with washing but they are very expensive. But still very happy for you  ,mine it's indefinite but I'm sure will receive a pip the end of 2017 . Good luck and relax now 
  • Posted

Hi Sara

Excellent news for you I have my Pip mandatory reconsideration Tuesday at 10 and then next Friday I have my ESA assessment I am already stressed about both of these that my fibro is in overdrive and have to decide whether go on single crutch or take my wheelchair because I work driving children too and home from school off till 12th April and don't want to wake up in the morning so lacking energy and never wake refreshed think this will be my last year working as in so much chronic pain everywhere and been suffering Golfers elbow in my dominant arm since start of the year and getting worse every day another adage I could do without as getting impossible to lift or carry anything anymore even with my new orthotic for my fused left hand and wrist to mid arm not allowed to use this and awaiting recast as can't even use cutlery or keep hold of anything.  Can I ask was this a tribunal or just your home assessment mine was done by a paramedic of 25 years experience but from what she put down and I now in receipt of these comments because I am a mum was judged that I only qualified for daily living but my support at CAB said my application she filled in on my behalf had been totally ignored and she feels getting mobility is also qualified for so will have whatever I can cross this day that they look again at my equipment needs and have also put myself through a disability driving assessment where it is advised would benefit better with an automatic and use only my right leg and foot rather than the weaker left side disabilities and weakness of which there are many from shoulder to toes.  Sorry this is long but really dreading this hearing.  Will take along my ESA fit notes too in support.  Julia

• Posted

hi I applied for pip in January and just had assesment 5 weeks ago not sure what iv been awarded yet as got to wait for the letter I just received a txt message to say iv been awarded pip iv recently lost my job becouse I'm unable to stand on my feet for 20mins sometimes less I too am on crutches 2 I use but I use a mobility scooter now to get to school runs and back just for bit of independence sorry to hear how bad u r really hope u manage to get some.sort of benifit sorted keep us updated please smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.