Years after gallbladder...bile gastritis!!

Posted , 17 users are following.

Had cholecystectomy ( gallbladder surgery) just over 3 years ago and this week my gastro said I have considerable inflammation in the stomach because of bile 😱

i had stomach pain for over two years but since last week the pain intensity got much much worse. I can’t eat almost anything and have terrible nausea. I have bile gastritis which is chronic because I don’t have a gallbladder. Doctor gave me medicine to protect my stomach and that’s all it can be done for now. its Has been a nightmare of life. I’m really scared of this. It can cause other problems further in digestive system. Has anyone been though this?

i know they’re some herbals teas and natural supplements but this condition is too painful. Has anyone had a further surgery to help divert bile from the stomach?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m so sorry for all of your pain!  I have other health issues as well, mainly Lyme and Mast Cell disease.  I think that’s why my gallbladder acted up and why surgery has been a disaster for me.  I highly doubt I will ever get back to where I was before getting Lyme. For now i just want to find a way to manage the daily pain,

all the best to you!

• Posted

I've been taking colestipol 1mg for my bile overflow. Look.it up. It's being used to help after gall bladder removal. 5th doctor finally figured it out and it has helped a lot.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi isn’t colestipol used more if you had bile acid Diarrhea ? Constipation also makes the bile reflux worse. But happy it has helped you x
  • Posted

leni do you have fb?I am in that group of bile too.whats your name to add you and talk about demeester. I am interesting too.i have bile reflux too due to gb removal
  • Posted

When My gall bladder was removed, I developed BAM or  bile acid malabsorption.  I was misdiagnosed with IBS-a meaning flucturation from diarrhea to constipation (hard stool) sometimes in the same day.  One day I had a terrible burning in my lower abd from hip to hip and when I had a bm, felt like razor blades and a blow torch.  After that I got a raging bout of acid reflux.  I suggest you look up BAM and talk with your doc (unfortunately the US does not have a test for this condition as yet).  There is an excellent BAM community on Facebook that might be of help to you as well.  Hope you have solved the problem by now.
  • Posted

These pain killers set it off. And when i get an attack no pain killers work it has to run its course. We are just the unlucky ones as lots of people with no gallbladder do not have these issues. Wish they could be transplanted lol

• Edited

Hello Leni, I hope you are doing well, I know it has been a while since you posted this but i just wanted to ask how you are doing with the bile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.