Yellow diarrhea, stomach cramps & severe stomach/intestinal gurgling...

Posted , 14 users are following.

hi everyone.

for years now I have been suffering weekly with debilitating bowel problems. Ive had many tests and have been put on many medications (anti-diarrheals, antibiotics, etc) in hope of getting whatever is wrong with under control. i know i do not have Crohns or UC.

However, the past two weeks I have noticed the brown pigment of my stool disappearing more & more and now as of today my bowel movements are nothing but yellow. When I clean myself up it is florescent yellow on the toilet paper and very mucus looking. it's extremely hard to eat. as when I do, my bowels go off immediately and I can spend hours on the toilet while taking Imodium after Imodium that does nothing..the bowel gurgling & swooshing sounds are also very intense.

Anybody suffer from this and if so did you ever get a answer on what exactly could be wrong with you?

Cheers

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,IBS,irritable bowel syndrome

• Posted

what exactly makes it IBS? IBS can cause bright bright yellow diarrhea and cramps no matter what I eat? shouldnt medications like Imodium help control it? I find the only thing that helps is starving myself.

• Posted

All I can tell you is I had your exact same symptoms. Gastrointestinal doc diagnosed it IBS.

• Posted

IBS is strongly associated with stress and anxiety. Have you had a lot of either lately,it can set off an IBS flare. There is a brain,gut reaction. Google has a lot of info on it.

• Posted

hello

i had violent diarrhea when i first got IBS. the one thing that helped me was seeing a herbalist. i existed on dry toast and black tea for about a fortnight. then i gradually became able to eat some well cooked food. i tried the fodmap diet a few years ago which helped me expand what i could eat, without a severe reaction. i mostly manage it by diet and now have the opposite problem of constipation plus reflux, for which i take Domperidone which is a bit dodgy. i also had problems with my gallbladder, and had that removed.

• Posted

my GI wanted to prescribe me Domperidone to see if I had a motility issue that was allowing bacteria to back up in my small intestine by then causing the diarrhea. however i read that it can cause diarrhea in most patients which would make no sense so I opted not to take it in the fear of soiling myself outside. Does it give you diarrhea?

• Posted

I have suffered with similar issues for years. every time I went to the doctor they would tell me that there was nothing wrong, even the tests never showed any issues. I was put on Lexapro ironically for IBS. To my surprise, it really helped. Another drug that I tried was mold tag ready. I live in the United States and I am not sure if either of these drugs are available where you live, but they were very helpful. My issue was more constipation and diarrhea, so I have also tried Linzess, Amatiza, and Trulance. The Trulance is the most mild and, as of right now, seems to be working the best for me. I have noticed all my life it is always been trial and error, and unfortunately sometimes things work for a period of time and then all of a sudden stopped working so I am always switching up regiments. However, I feel like the doctors are only a resource, I feel like I personally am the one That is helping my situation, which is unfortunate but I guess we know our bodies better than anyone else. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Could be IBS. Do you get any pain? Have you tried the Low Fodmap Diet or a food diary?Try excluding insoluable fibre from your diet.

• Posted

I do get pain in my upper left side. and directly above my belly button before a diarrhea attack. i have tried the low FodMap diet for weeks with no change. I find my real "flare up" foods are any dairy even lactose free, anything high in sugar & all fats, natural and processed.

• Posted

Have you tried an antispasmodic for the pain? You could also ask your doctor about codeine tablets which can help to bung you up and also ease pain.Rice or bananas can also stop diarrhoea. Your doctor may be able to prescribe other anti diarrhoea tablets that you haven't tried. Digestive enzymes can also help you to digest lactose.

• Posted

the position of the pain is classic ibs. if you can tolerant peppermint it can help

• Posted

I agree with the comment on Digestive enzymes. The GP can put you forward for further investigative tests if needs be

• Posted

i agree on peppermint tea, it helps ton with acid reflux as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.