Yellow diarrhea, stomach cramps & severe stomach/intestinal gurgling...

Posted , 14 users are following.

hi everyone.

for years now I have been suffering weekly with debilitating bowel problems. Ive had many tests and have been put on many medications (anti-diarrheals, antibiotics, etc) in hope of getting whatever is wrong with under control. i know i do not have Crohns or UC.

However, the past two weeks I have noticed the brown pigment of my stool disappearing more & more and now as of today my bowel movements are nothing but yellow. When I clean myself up it is florescent yellow on the toilet paper and very mucus looking. it's extremely hard to eat. as when I do, my bowels go off immediately and I can spend hours on the toilet while taking Imodium after Imodium that does nothing..the bowel gurgling & swooshing sounds are also very intense.

Anybody suffer from this and if so did you ever get a answer on what exactly could be wrong with you?

Cheers

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Matthew,

It could be something that you are eating that sets it off along with anxiety. Have you tried a FODMAP diet approach? It can be helpful for IBS sufferers. What about fiber supplements? I introduced a fiber supplement to my diet and it has helped my IBS. As long as nothing else has been diagnosed, it sounds like IBS and from this point on it will be a trial and error type thing.

• Posted

Sorry I just noticed your reply regarding the FODMAP diet. I also get that pain on the upper left side. I was told it was gas passing through large intestines. I notice it acts up before a bm. Why this happens, I have no idea. It's extremely frustrating, though.

• Posted

yellow diarrhoea can be undigested fat, but it can also be infection. have you been tested for infections and parasites?

• Posted

several times in the past but not during this recent 2 weeks Ive been experiencing symptoms. However I have no fever and develop an appetite. so i doubt its anything nasty like c diff or giardias. it is just debilitating on every level daily.

• Posted

I have the same symptoms. I have tried prescription anti-diarrhea medicines and they helped for a sort time. I was told it was IBS. Had tons of tests. I have had infections in the past. Right now I'm on loperamide, which is prescription immodium. I take 8 of them a day somedays more. I also have to take PeptoBismol tablets with them. it stops me from having diarrhea constantly but I still have flares which can last several days or more. For food I eat more rice and green bananas. I've tried different anti-spomatic meds but they didn't help.

good lick I hope you fine something that helps.

• Posted

theres a condition that causes gripes and left side abdomen pain called diverticalosis. mild inflamination that eventually eases. its due to pouches in the colon becoming inflamed and the inflamination can cause mucus, yellow stool. if it becomes infected its called diverticulitis and problems can occur. its usually disgnosed on a CT scan. ive got it and having no end of trouble. along with it im having yellow poop, trouble eating and similar symtoms to what you describe. mine due to infection. ive been given 7days metronadazole tablets and they fully work and take away symptoms. unfortunately for me as soon as i stopped taking tablets its returning. not sure if im being given enough.

• Posted

Good Evening! I think I have a similar problem. It starts in the morning after a while I will wake up when I eat something I get yellow diarrhea and many times I see mucus. On Wednesday I will go for a colonoscopy because I have been facing this problem for almost a year, with some breaks. Is the problem everyday for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.