Yellow Mucus stool, abdominal pain for months

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, I found this site because I'm trying to figure out what's going on and my physician is seemingly unconcerned. I'm waiting on a referral to a gastro doc . About two months ago I started having very bright yellow Mucus when I went to the bathroom, no stool, just globs of Mucus. This lasted about a week, then I was constipated for two weeks, I barely went at all but when I would go it was a very tiny amount of bright yellow. I have extreme urgency to go especially in the mornings. I stay horribly bloated and tons of gas, mainly in the evenings. During this time my Gerd has been flared up also. I'm eating healthy, drinking lots of water. Now, the past week I do go to the bathroom, maybe there or four times before lunch, it's still a yellow color. After I go I also have very painful cramps throughout my entire abdomen, nausea on and off. But it's almost like my whole abdomen hurts, like a deep pain inside of my bowels. I don't know what's going on and if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it. I did have blood work done and everything was fine except my white count is slightly elevated. Thanks so much.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Gallblader or liver...i would say 99%.... Get complete blood screening..endoscopy and ultrasound if possible. For now try diet... No fat...no alcohol...no rice....no cereals... Help your body...
  • Posted

again I can only relate to people who is taking Robinirole which I take for restless legs. hope you find the answer to your problems. 
  • Posted

Btw regular bloodwork will not show any issue with liver... Just stating so that you know...

Hint: gerd is most common symptom to fatty liver.

• Posted

I wanted to ask you something since you mentioned Liver, I'm 30, I don't drink, no drugs nothing. But I do have severe Hypoglycemia that Doctor's can't seem to find a cause for. Do you think it could all be related. All the gastric issue, and the Hypoglycemia? It just feels like none of the Doctors around here care enough or listen. My doctor literally just told me to drink a coke when my blood sugar got low and take more zantac or Imodium for my stomach. I really appreciate you responding to my post. It just seems like strangers are more likely to help nowadays than the medical community....it's sad.

• Posted

Yes... I am early 30's dont drink..dont do drugs... Myself... Yet its there.... Its called none alcoholic fatty liver..yes its common and yes it can be curred most of the time by just fixing your diet habbits.

Do not drink carbonated drinks!!! No coke..no fanta...no sprite.. and go for more vegetables and fruits and water...or water with lemon...

• Posted

Fruits have enough sugar to keep you going.... Second all gastro issues are symptoms of fatty liver... I mean it could be Gerd...it could be gastritis....it could be nausea...it could be indigestion...constipation.. diarrhea...every case is unique...but the have common culprit... A bad eating habbits causing fatty liver...

Just to mention...berberine and milk whistle tablets are great help and good to start with. Just check onlin3 for diet advise...its not hard...

• Posted

I had constant gastro problems for three and a half months three years ago. I had constant, generalised abdominal pain that moved about, change of bowel habit, nausea, and back pain with extreme health anxiety. I had an abdominal ultrasound which showed a very healthy liver and my other organs were fine too   All my other tests were negative. My diet is healthy, consisting of home cooked foods. My problem was stress related IBS   Not all gastro problems are diet or liver related.

• Posted

Yellow mucus stoll indicates not enough bile... That can be only obstruction in gallbladder or liver issue...thats my theory...diarrhea or any other symptom i would say maybe ibs... But this is clear shot.
    • Posted

Not mentioning gerd is one of the main symptoms of liver issue. I mean top of the list.
    • Posted

You can produce a lot of mucus with IBS.  The yellow colour of the mucus or stool can be a symptom of food moving through you too quickly if you have IBS D.  This happens because the bilrubin is not getting a chance to absorb properly.  It is not always a liver problem. GERD is often caused by an irritated intestine but once again it isn’t always liver related.  I have GERD but my liver is fine.  It very much depends on the individual.
    • Posted

As far as i know bile cause the stool turn to brown colour... If not enough or if not right...the respond is yellow mucusy stool...thats why my logic.. while note that i did not disagree with your opinion just defined mine. It could be ibs..but you cant outrule liver or gallbladder... Btw most of the patients with fatty liver are misdiagnosed...and over 25% from all population suffers from it... Just saying...its defo a very viable option in my book. Thanks
    • Posted

I just don't understand it, I'm trying to research while I'm waiting. Some days I barely go now, others I go 5-6 times before lunch. If it is solid my whole abdomen especially up top cramps for atleast an hour after. I'm eating properly, drinking alot if water, no soda. It's just a pain in the butt, literally.lol

• Posted

I would go back to your doctor, say you are feeling no better and ask for your appointment to be put forward.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.