Yellow Mucus stool, abdominal pain for months

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, I found this site because I'm trying to figure out what's going on and my physician is seemingly unconcerned. I'm waiting on a referral to a gastro doc . About two months ago I started having very bright yellow Mucus when I went to the bathroom, no stool, just globs of Mucus. This lasted about a week, then I was constipated for two weeks, I barely went at all but when I would go it was a very tiny amount of bright yellow. I have extreme urgency to go especially in the mornings. I stay horribly bloated and tons of gas, mainly in the evenings. During this time my Gerd has been flared up also. I'm eating healthy, drinking lots of water. Now, the past week I do go to the bathroom, maybe there or four times before lunch, it's still a yellow color. After I go I also have very painful cramps throughout my entire abdomen, nausea on and off. But it's almost like my whole abdomen hurts, like a deep pain inside of my bowels. I don't know what's going on and if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it. I did have blood work done and everything was fine except my white count is slightly elevated. Thanks so much.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Every doctor should be concerned. Lately a lot of complaints on this forum.
  • Posted

Hi whitney7777:

Sorry but elevated white cell count means infection. Could be adhesions as it was with me several years ago. Seems my colon and bladder were stuck together causing infection and followed by all kinds of bathroom problems.

The cure was a colon resection. Hoped this helped you.

Best Wishes

Ron351

• Posted

Fatty liver could be the issue.  It's not caused by alcohol but by sugars and carbs.  If your doctor won't do liver and gall bladder testing and bloodwork, go to another doctor.  In the meantime, taking dandelion or artichoke increases bile flow from your liver.  Yellow stool is some type of bile restriction or bile insufficiency.  Your liver is either not producing enough bile or there is a restriction preventing it from getting through.  Nowadays you have to be your own best health advocate.  Good luck.

• Posted

I would say you have irritable bowel syndrome high white cell blood count usually means some infection you can Google what foods to eat with irritable bowel and that should help you a lot until you can get in to see the gastro doctor
  • Posted

It might be IBS.  However, you gastro doctor will do further tests to rule out other causes first.  Your doctor being unconcerned suggests he or she doesn't think it is anything serious. None of my doctors were concerned about my symptoms either which were eventually diagnosed as IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.