Yet ANOTHER post about Wet Ones and Blepharitis

Posted , 22 users are following.

Before I went on this site, I was desparetely seeking to find help from someone who had blepharitis and cured it COMPLETELY. I saw online this youtube video from a lady who cured her blepharitis completely using coconut oil. While I tried this, I actually started to notice it was getting better. Here was the thing though, it got up to 60% better then when I went out to get the mail (windy day) my blepharitis came back and my eyes went down to only being 30% better. 

Then recently I came across a post by lynda79 about how she used wet ones, and I saw another user post about how their eyes were completely symptom free. This particular thread however was like a domino effect. Somebody tried it, got completely better, somebody else tried it, they got cured etc etc. 

So then I decided it was my turn to use Wet Ones, I started using them last Sunday, which by tomorrow will be a full week using them. 

My inital eye state was : Swollen, Dry Skin, Irritation, Dry Eyes in general, flaky skin, and I have even developed styes in the past.

My first day of using wet ones, it was such an immediate relief. I only did it twice the first day to try it out. My irritation went down and I was able to sleep comfortably. 

Third Day, flaky skin started to disappear, started doing this 4 times a day, did notice my eyelids were a bit dry so I started to use Aveeno on my eyelids to get rid of the dryness. 

I will keep updating about my eye state! (:

4 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello everyone! After 2 months of using wet ones I can report the following:

-My swelling went down completely, very rare when it swells up

- My eyes do not water as often as they used to when I was terrible with blepharitis

-My eyes are not as dry or gritty

-They no longer sting when I apply makeup. 

A few things to keep in mind, I do not use wet ones as often as I used to. I use them maybe twice or three times a week. 

My routine was like this: If I wore makeup, I would remove it with coconut oil. I then would use wet ones to remove the excess coconut oil on my eyelids. I would apply eyedrops for lubrication (WHICH by the way I found out my blepharitis came from dry eye syndrome) and after the eyedrops I apply Aveeno lotion on my eyelids. Very soothing and has actually restored the softness of my eyelids. 

• Posted

I too have scoured the internet about Blephritis, reading everything I can, talking to Drs, etc.  Also encouraged by lynda79's posts. Just started the "Wet Ones" treatment as I've seen so much positiveness.  Next will look into the disposable mascara wands.  It's been a rough few years trying to keep the flakes at bay everytime I put on eye makeup.  Takes longer to pick the flakes out.... 

Will update when I hopefully can add my success story.

• Posted

I have been racing posts on this sight and working with an Opthalmologist since November '14. I am happy to,say I am doing much better.

It has been a process of patiently working to resolve each symptom and being wiling to make changes to the process as needed. 

Heated gel eye mask twice a day followed by lid message, eye wash with mild soap and then WetOnes applied with a Qtip to the lash lines. After a few months things were better but the WetOnes were too strong so my Dr asked me to stop using them and switch to Avenoa (Presciption lid wash).

things continued to get better but irritation to skin under my eyes and on my lids was still very red.

Scaled back a little more and applied the Avenoa with a Qtip along my lash lines only, and applied Aveeno Ecsema cream on skin around my eyes but staying away from lash lines. I also started to wash my eyes with only warm water. I also stopped using Tea Tree Shampoo and went back to my normal shampoo. Things continued to improve.

Now the skin around my eyes is no longer red, itchy, or dry. There has been no grit on my lids. My eyes water less and when they do I wash them with warm water and put in preservative free eye drops. I am pretty sure my triggers are dust and pollen so I wash my hair and pillow case every other day and after I clean house everything I wash wearing goes right into the laundry and I go right into the shower and wash my hair as I shower. 

I have been able to stop using the Aveeno cream and now I just wash my eyes with warm water and apply the Avenova. I do this each morning and before bed. I have been on low dose Doxycycline, but soon it will be three months on that and I had read research that said after three months it could be assumed that the treatment has been effective and it would be reasonable to stop taking it at that time. That is my next scale back plan.

if all goes well, then I will try using the Avenoa eye wash once daily and see how that goes. I see my Opthalmologist in a few weeks and will report back here for an update.

It pays to keep trying treatment plans until you find the one that works for you. However, it pays to be flexible with those plans as well and not get discouraged as you work towards a maintenance plan that works. A full cure would be wonderful, but a manageable plan that prevents flares is something to celebrate as well!

• Posted

Thank you for All that information lawra

• Posted

Guarantee clear blepharitis in one week

Last Thursday my right eye was think much about it,till the next day it puff off massively. Then I decided to do something about it, I went to Moorfields hospital. Waited for couple of hours till I see the doctor and they diagnose me with blepharitis. They gave me amoxicillin. Then I

• Posted

I have not tried Wet Wipes yet.

If some substances of Wet Wipes go sinde the eyes, would they harm the eyes or make vision worse?

• Posted

Hi there

I've been using the uk blue wet ones with Benzalkonium Chloride for 2 days as recommended by Lynda79. It's starting to really sting. I then googled it only to find that it is a really dangerous chemical to have anywhere near your eyes. It is not anything like Benzethonium Chloride which actally does kill Stephallococis bacteria. Google each one and compare notes. They are not the same. One is potentially very harmful!

Being desperate howver I have ordered the wet ones from the US and once my eyes have recovered from the Benzalkonium Chloride I will reconsider. I just hope I haven't done any damage.

• Posted

You can get the US wet ones version on UK eBay site, the ones in the red packet only are to be used for blephartis..there's one seller on there and there 1st class delivery too.
    • Posted

Hi

Im trying to buy the US wet ones on Uk ebay site are they in a red packet or in tub.  The more information the better.

Thank you. 

• Posted

Ive read erythomicin can be used on the eyelids. Anyone try that? If my doc says not to use the wipes I wont. Have to make sure they are safe. Unless they are fragrance free U would think they also could irritate dry eye.
  • Posted

Dies this work for mgd,or just the outer lids?
  • Posted

I've been using wet wipes in last few days finally.

Now I have no feelings in my eyes and eyelashes whatsoever. Is this normal? And how long would it take to see any changes in my eyes?

• Posted

Have you checked with a doctor before trying this? im pretty sure my doctor would say no way. I never got a chance to ask yesterday.
    • Posted

My doctor said not use it. But I'm trying it anyway because I'm so desperate
    • Posted

My doctor asked me to stop using WetOnes and replaced them with prescription Avenova. This is working very well for me. I am washing lids with warm water, putting Aveeno on lids and using the Avenova lid wash on the end of a Qtip along the lid lines top and bottom, morning and night. Refresh non preservative eye drops during the day.

When I was using WetOnes I cut them into small squares and wrapped them around the end of a Qtip and wiped along the lash lines top and bottom, keeping it out of my eyes. One square for each lash line. This was helping and prevented irritation of my eye and the skin around my eyes.

Low dose doxycyclin prescription coming to an end, as I told her I was only willing to take it for 3 months. 

This matinance route is easy to maintain and seems to keep things in check. 

• Posted

So no bad effect to you on using Wet Wipes?

I'm using them now, but I don't feel anything. Literally nothing.  My eyes don't sting or hurt, nor they are helping to ease up the blepharitis.

So it's kinda weird for me.

Wet Wipes has 0.3 benzalkonium chloride, which is antibacterial. So maybe it would eventually work.

• Posted

I wish my doctor would let me try the doxy. Im looking for one to prescibe it.
    • Posted

One lady posted she used the wipes then after 9 months got red welts on her lids and had to quit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.