Yippy! 10lbs lighter :-)

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had my first weigh in this morning and have been dreading it, basically because I have not counted calories like most of the ladies in the forum.

Needless to say I am more then surprised to have lost 10lbs and find myself wondering if its just water? The good thing is I have been given another prescription and the nurse said I am on target.

I would like to thank all the lovely ladies on here for the support and comical posts. Whilst I know obesity is a very serious matter and not to be taken lightly, the humorous content of some of the posts makes me smile and realise I am not alone in the battle of the bulge.

I intend to join SW tomorrow, but in no way could it replace being able to replace the genuine support I have found in this Oristat forum. :-)

A big thank you to each and everyone of you x x x

///*.*\\\

5 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Fan-blooming-tastic.

Well done you. 

Be proud of yourself

Xx

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words Claire x x x

Like most of us on here, I have a long long road to travel, but

its 10lb down in the right direction :-)

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Well done girl smile smile Smiling from ear to ear for you x
    • Posted

Awe! Maureen :-)

Thank you so very much! :-)

I'm so glad we all have each other for moral support

in this forum, we all have our ups and downs while

trying to improve our health.

I dont think that some people realise how emotional being obese can be, especially when trying to loose it and things go wrong and we beat ourselves up over it, because we feel we have let others down as well as ourselves. 

I read all the posts in this forum and the compassion and moral support that is given be it weight loss or gain is nothing short of Phenomenal!

///*.*\\\

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Well done, my 1st weigh in is on the 31st of July.
    • Posted

Just over a week to go for you, give it your best shot Steph!

My fingers crossed for you. x x x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

i was naughty last night n got on the scales at home. if they are correct i will have done almost a stone since the 7th of july. I( could tell that i ha\d lost some weight as my jeans are constantly half way down my bum after taking a few steps.

eeek so excited and nervous all in one, i feel like a kid at christmas.

• Posted

Gosh! imagine what you will have lost by the 31st! :-)

Its a lovely feeling when your clothes start to become loose, I put a pair of jeans on the other day and they were not half as tight around the tops of my legs as they used to be.

Thing is Steph, try keep the momentum up, be focused and not allow yourself to become bored, or focusing upon food full stop. Last night I was cooking sausages for guests and I found myself going to take a bite out of one! It was not intential, just atomatic! I suddenly realised what I was about to do and stopped just as I was about to take a bite..lol 

Hey I'm only human..lol, but Nope! it is just not worth it to me, I have a long long journey to get to were I need to go!

MUST STAY FOCUSED!eek

MUST STAY FOCUSED! eek

MUST STAY FOCUSED! eek

SAUSAGES R WICKED! frown

///*.*\\\

• Posted

lol i found that i do the exact same. i cook my other half his tea n think i'll just try it to make sure its cooked properly.

We had a bbq at the pub that i work at nh he did halloumi cheese skewers, i forced myself to stay inside the bar working and not go near the bbq otherwise i would have had one at least. lol

• Posted

I've lost a stone and I can't for the life of me find where it's gone from... My trousers fit the same, my bras.... Getting quite disheartend sad I sat in the garden today and caught a glimpse of myself in the neighbours window ... Was horrified ! I really hate myself somedays,  and others I'm having a ball getting fit. 

It's that time of year when all the young girls are on those fad diets and I'm really not happy to only have lost this much when they're losing lbs left right and centre sad 

Yes I'm having a crap day if you hadn't guessed, I'm sorry I shouldn't be putting a downer on your fab work ,, and you really have done wonderful xxxxx 

• Posted

Shelagh, you have lost a whole stone! why oh why would you feel disheartend? You should be very proud of yourself, i'm proud of you!

We all have our off days Shelagh, I am not particularly proud of the way I look either, but isnt ithat why we are trying to do something about it?

I have a large amount of weight to loose, I wish it would go in a few months, but I have to be realistic as to how long its going to take to shift it. Look at Britney's massive weight loss for instance, she started in Jan last year, she stayed with it and now she is a size 12. It takes time and you have to be in it for the duration, or stay obese, which is not a good option.

Be kinder to yourself and stay focused, you are NOT alone in this, be thankful you have been prescribed Oristat to help you.

I will not allow myself to wallow in any self pity, I got myself into this mess and I got to get myself out and so have you along with the vast majority ladies in the forum.

Be strong Shelagh, dig real deap, dont concern yourself with what others have lost other than to congratulate them as they will congratulate you on your achievements.

Clothes WILL become loose as the weeks progress and the weight begins to drop, thats just Physics!

God Bless x x x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

i know how you feel. my little sister is one of those skinny girls who always think they need to lose weight, but she always looks amazing.

She isnt very supportive but thats why I enjoy coming on this forum. The ladies and guys i have met off of here are like an extended family.

Shelagh think of it as 1 stone off rather than a stone on, you should feel proud of yourself.

Sending much love x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.