You know what I hate?

Posted , 22 users are following.

I posted this in another converstation but thought it might be fun to start a 'whinge' post. twisted What do you 'hate'?

You know what I hate?

People who, even when they know I have PMR, suffer fatigue, on a cocktail of medications - all of which have caused a huge weight gain, tell me I need to go for a walk as it will make me feel better!!

AAGHGGHHHHHHH

3 likes, 120 replies

120 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I hate when people tell me how well I look. It's polite to say thank you but I'm screaming inside... I don't feel well..

I hate needing the loo in the night and taking forever to get there...

I hate my hamster cheeks n bufalo hump..

I hate when people say have you tried this or that my great aunts uncle's next door neighbour tried it and there cured now lol...

I hate when the doctors say your reducing to slowly. Being on pred isn't good for you speed up. Next time I see you I want you on ?? Mg..

Is that enough?? I have more lol xx

• Posted

And on those days when you are reducing and are overcome by mega fatigue trying to finish the chores someone says 'Why dont you have a sleep'  they never say go lie down and I will finish off loading the dishwasher, washing machine or clearing the table or any of the million tasls you have to get through before you get 'me time'... I never get 'me time' anymore...just pass out time! I even pass out before I get out of bed most mornings!

• Posted

i agree with you and Eileen

just had a major argument/discussion with hubby about this. i don't need help, i need you to take over, gerrr

love him dearly but exasperated at the same time.

• Posted

My pet hate is someone who stands watching you doing something with their hands clasped behind their back (a la Duke of Edinburgh) or in their pockets. And doesn't ask if there is something they can do...

Yes, DrH - I'm talking about YOU! (Though a colleague and family are coming for the night tonight so he's cleaning his bathroom for them so I shouldn't get too ratty I suppose! OTOH, I was the one who scrubbed the kitchen floor yesterday, which is gubby as much because he won't take his outdoor shoes off before coming inside as anything else. I wear houseshoes or bare feet.) 

• Posted

Ha ha.  What I hate is people who ask if they can help you as though the task in hand is your territory.  Why don't they just do it?  Many years ago I'd taken one of the children to England for three weeks to meet the relatives.  When I cam home I found he'd trained both little boys to put their clothes back in their drawer at night.  Yes, their used, worn all day in the summer clothes.  Another time I was away he left so many plastic bags (you know, bread bags, etc, that kind of thing) piled at the end of the kitchen counter that it took me twenty minutes to deal with them.  I have a strong suspicion that he behaves incompetently on purpose so I won't want him to do anything ever again!   My constant complaint: Did you leave that for the maid to do? 

• Posted

Funny that - that's his line too "But you do it SO much better..."

• Posted

I often say, didn`t you notice the bathroom fairy came ast night!

​Like many ilnesses, PMR doen`t really show on us that we are ill, and limited to what  we  can do, until we have to!..why should we have to beg for help!

• Posted

the plastic lids on the plastic bottles that contain thickened cream which are so hard to remove they stop me making a pig of myself - I'll know my pmr is gone when I can grasp the little tab and tear the locking ring (which doesn't work) off, to say nothing of getting my fingernails under the edge of the lid. And that's before I get to the adulterated contents that bear no resemblance to the cream of my youth.

And I hate people who tell me I shouldn't be eating it ..... so there! rolleyes

• Posted

I also hate everyone telling me 'how well I look' when I feel so ill. The loo in the night and the way him indoors will do anything outside to help but finds every excuse to do anytying inside without a fight.

• Posted

Oh I know exactly what you mean!!  I feel like having a sign made to hang round my neck that says something like 'I know I look a mess this is not through choice I really am ill!!'  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.