Your personal experience with peri

Posted , 10 users are following.

Did your experience with peri start out suddenly with very noticeable symptoms, or was it gradual, with subtle symptoms that slowly worsened over time? I honestly thought that my early symptoms like fatigue and joint pain were just signs of getting older.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My joint pain started at age 35 and the fatigue and and anxiety started about 8 months ago along with a period that lasted for two months. I will be 41 in August and this month my period was late by 12 days and I started cramping really bad two days before it came and have been cramping really bad for the two days I've been on. So I'm guessing that even though I had a child at 35 and one at 38 I must've had them while going through Peri.

• Posted

I'm sorry for rambling on. My point is my symptoms came on gradually over the years.

• Posted

wow, Yes Unico, it does sound like that. Some things you may have thought were pregnancy related probably were actually peri. 
  • Posted

At first for about a year I was having heat sensations throughout my body moving around then bam it hit me all at once all of a sudden. I felt like my body was not my own. It was a very strange feeling and it went downhill from there. I'm happy to say that I've come out of it and hopefully it won't come back which it has 3 times already! I just wish my hormones would stop fluctuating.

• Posted

That does sound very strange. I imagine it was very disappointing to have it keep coming back. Mine started slowly and kept worsening over the years. The only break I've had was when I went on bhrt last January. I hope yours is finally gone for good!

• Posted

Thanks me too! But I'm still in peri i think or somewhere in between.

• Posted

Mines started around 35 with bad bouts of insomnia, joint pain, fatigue, heavy and frequent periods lasting several days. Then the hard stuff with anxiety and all other kinds of symptoms started about 8 months ago I just turned 39. Mines were gradual and then hit me like a ton of bricks.
    • Posted

Mine started around 38 but since there were some traumatic stuff in my life at that time, (mom with cancer, brother going to jail) I blamed my symptoms on stress. I thought I could push through it all and I'd get better eventually. sigh...that didn't happen. Now I'm 49 and finally started bhrt and it's been very helpful. I still have rough days, like around the middle of my cycle and the several days before I start though.

• Posted

The symptoms that I had when I was 35 I thought were normal and thought nothing of it until I turned 38 and bam it hit me. I wad coming home from work and driving when I get extremely dizzy, heart started racing, I was panicking terribly and that was my first trip the ER. After that I had a ton of doctor visits and about 5 more ER visits convinced I was dying or had some awful disease. I have both good and bad days but I'm learning to cope with it better. Anxiety and racing heart are my worse symptoms. I'm just turned 39 so I'm hoping I don't have a gazillion more years to deal with this. Its awful.

• Posted

what bhrt are you on moodynoire?  good name lol    i keep saying that I'll give it a go, then things get a little better and I dont but this week has been pure torture, all symptoms back, together!.  fit to explode.

• Posted

Wow you guys started really early compared to me, I started it all at 54. I had a little bit of it in my 40's with heartburn but that was all.

• Posted

I'm 43 now and Mine was all of a sudden at age 41. One day on the first day of my menstrual I was at work and felt like passing out. Major anxiety. Since then I've been on a rapid roller coaster. All scary and I end up ER 6 times in 1-1/2 years. Missed periods, bad digestive issues- been to GI Doctor as well! The Hot flashes, depression, fatigue, joint pain and heartburn. You name it I got it! I hope it all ends soon ! ????

• Posted

I'm 52, and I would say gradual. At 44 I started waking up in the middle of the night for no reason or so I thought. The hot flashes started around 48, and the early morning stiffness started around 51. The weight seemed quick to me, but it was over the course of two years starting at 50.

• Posted

Do any of you ladies have problems with your stomachs ? I get like a full feeling below my ribcage and a sort of churning feeling almost like seasickness . This causes me to lose my appetite . I really hate this and I worry how much longer I am going to have this . I don't know if this is the anxiety doing this or whether it's a vicious circle and it's a peri symptom that adds to the anxiety . Then I worry that I'm losing weight and it just goes on and on . Worry , worry , worry . I seem to be a nervous wreck . Hugs Jane X

• Posted

Drink mint tea or eat peppermint candy for the stomach issue. A little at a time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.