Zappity - ZAP!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good old venlafaxine...NOT lol

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry not familiar with that type of wording here. And I've experienced everything and all side affects . But just getting the jist of effexor. I'm going back on. Doc said I will have to detox going off but years ago on it when I went off and on cymbalta I had nothing happen. But he said its the worst drug and not happy it happens to be the only one that hasn't landed me in ER that I can take very well. He mentioned brintellix, new here. I can't go through anymore . Put it on hold as I know nothing about it. Fetzima was horrible. Been a bad year and a shame people must go through all this. Good luck to you.😊
    • Posted

Oh, thank-you! Do you know how lon I'll have to put up with this? I was nearly run over mid-zap whilst crossing the road today.
  • Posted

Gatehouse, as my doc said yesterday, do not go by what you read or what a piece of paper says, he looked at me and said our bodies are not paper, detox takes time and you didn't mention unless I missed it how long you've been off, but you must taper off effexor not stop. Detox.
    • Posted

I wish I could "taper", but my doctors refuse to discuss even a reduction with me, so this is what I am reduced to. I'm having to go behind my doctors' back :-(
  • Posted

Hello. Are you tapering slowly, and or are you going on to something new? You can't go cold turkey. Ten days doesn't work. Our bodies are all different and this can take much longer. Be careful. Shouldn't drive. Work? Take time off. Keep in touch😊
    • Posted

Omg. Ok you decided to get off the med then right? And take nothing else. Wow that's alot of dose to suddenly stop sudden. Don't doctors there taper /detox? Maybe not and things r different. But your body is not a machine. Don't u even have at Ivan as back up ?
    • Posted

My doctors refuse to discuss any kind of reduction and/or change with me, so this is what I decided to do. What happened to me two years ago was very horrific and I think my doctors are just trying to cover their own arses to be honest, so I suppose I can't blame them but I don't want to be enslaved to any drug for the rest of my life. By the way, what is Ivan?
    • Posted

Ativan I meant. Sorry to hear if your horrible experience. Why do you want off this may I please ask?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.