ZERO appetite on Sertraline dosage increase - will this pass?!

Posted , 17 users are following.

So I have been increased to 75mg from 50mg and I am on my 16th day and STILL have no appetite (there are a few times in the evening when I have been hungry so have tried to monopolize on that). It is difficult to get enough calories into me throughout the day. Has anyone else experienced this? And does it go away?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joanne,

Your appetite will come back.

I'm on 50mg week 6 and my appetite has only just picked up in the last week.

I lost 21lb so trying to put some back on now. In the meantime you could try eating little and often and maybe try some meal replacement shakes xxx

• Posted

Omg yes it’s totaly normal Hun, I lost almost 2 stone because I just couldn’t eat a thing, but your appetite will come back with a vengeance  lol, don’t worry about that, when your appetite does come back be very careful what you eat as I then put back my Waight and more , now I’m trying to be sensible with the eating. Xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Lattifa - This is just getting so frustrating! I've been here before (about 4 years ago) and I remember my appetite was an issue but I didn't think it was THIS bad. I'm from Canada and had to look up how much a "stone" was (lol). That was a lot of weight to lose! Thank you for the reassurance! If you don't mind me asking, I was wondering how long you have been on your dosage. I was on 50mg for 15+ years and wondering if it just pooped out on me. And now this increase is putting me through the ringer!

• Posted

Hi Joanne

I have been on 100mg of Sertraline for the last six weeks, ramping up from 25mg to 50mg until 100mg.

I have had no appetite and struggle to eat more than 1000 calories a day. I am OK with this as while I was on Mirtazapine for two years I put on 25kg, and have lost 10kg in the last few weeks.

The build up soups and shakes are good and I try and eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables

• Posted

Hi Joanne, I experienced the same as you and lost a stone in 4 weeks but my appetite has now returned exactly as it was before. Stay hydrated, drink healthy smoothies, yogurts and things like that. Hope you feel better soon! Ed

• Posted

I just upped from 50mg to 75mg and I was alright but definitely began showing signs of no appetite or little appetite but I wasn't suffering so I was alright. Now I'm on 100mg and I'm coming out of my skin. I just want to eat, I'm starving but nothing tastes good. It's been 3 days on the new dose and I'm seriously debating on going down on my own until I speak with my doctor again...

Will this go away or is it something I need to worry about?

• Posted

i started zoloft 3 weeks ago i had nausea for those two weeks and very poor appetite. i took the medication at 10 pm every night around 830 my appetite would pick up. The third week they up my dose from 25 mg to 50 mg since then my appetite is worse i dont eat all day. barely even want to drink. i dont feel nausious anymore but just no appetite at all.

• Posted

Joanne! Good evening yes i havent had an appetite either! Very nervous about potential weight problems in the near future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.