Zoladex for fibroids

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had first zoladex two weeks ago for shrinking of fibroids. Bleeding started again and tiredness like have never known.  Does anyone know any positive things about fibroids and zoladex? Also anaemia. Thanks 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

For anemia I used to rely on Folitab 500. I took 2/day-one in the morning and Second dose in the evening. If you want to control bleeding till you schedule your Surgery, go ahead & schedule surgery maybe 3 months out and then get the Levonorgestrel IUD. it will pause bleeding until it's taken out. Surgery is the only way out. Myomectomy that is... I hope you feel better.

• Posted

I have been on it for three weeks now but I was bleeding when I got the injection bleeding not as bad but they say you can bleed in the first 3 weeks of the injection am getting a hysterectomy so hoping this helps till my op have fibroids too 
  • Posted

Hi. I did bleed between 1st and 2nd injections but nothing after. I had 6 over 8mths and they shrank fibroids only slightly. I'm 2 days post full hysterectomy and my uterous was 16weeks pregnant size due to fibroids. They removed numerous large ones plus endometriosis and polyps. The zoladex gave me bad bloating, headaches and serious hot sweats so be prepared. Plus put on half a stone in weight.

• Posted

Thanks for information have bad stomach pain today and heavy bleeding so will speak sigh condultsnt tomorrow 
    • Posted

Hi Tina 

Were you bleeding on the 1st injection? Am due my 2nd one this Friday but hoping I don’t bleed again 

• Posted

I had first injection two weeks ago heavy bleeding and severe pain today and clots. Can’t stsnd this much longer how long did you bleed for after first injection ? 
    • Posted

Before injection I had been bleeding for 3 weeks then had injection bleed till about the 3rd week then not so bad have a discharge now but think that’s a side effect 
    • Posted

I was on Provera before injection so taking that twice a day but been told to try come off it as it is the same as zoladex 
    • Posted

Thanks I was told to come off provera Friday but as bleeding so bad this weekend been told to take aswell thank you 
    • Posted

Yes do that I was taking mine 3 times a day at the start now down to 2 times a day next week I will go 1 times a day scared I bleed again but hopefully not. Zoladex is more intense than Provera x
    • Posted

I bled on 1st then it stopped and didn't have bleeding for 5 weeks but towards end of 2nd I bled heavily for a couple of days then nothing at all after.

• Posted

Probably a week but then nothing until part way into 2nd and then heavy bleed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.