Zoladex for fibroids

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had first zoladex two weeks ago for shrinking of fibroids. Bleeding started again and tiredness like have never known.  Does anyone know any positive things about fibroids and zoladex? Also anaemia. Thanks 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What is provera? I bled for a good few weeks after I started my injections and was very down about it. I was previously on norethisterone to stop my bleeding. I took 3 pills a day. My consultant told me to go down to 2 pills and then gradually reduce but I bled heavier when I tried to reduce. I saw another consultant... Who told me to just instantly withdraw the norethisterone. He said I would get a heavy bleed for a couple of days (and to arm myself with tranexamic acid) but I would then stop bleeding. This completely worked for me! I stopped the tablets right away, had a heavy bleed for a couple days... Then nothing for the rest of my injections. I wish I had this information right away. If provera is anything like norethisterone, then stop taking it right away and see how you go.
  • Posted

Hi Moderator,

I see that my comments with a referenced link to literature was removed. please confirm we are not allowed to post scientific publications. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.