Zoloft

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Have any of you been prescribed Zoloft for anxiety and had any positive results? My GP prescribed it for me at 25mg. I'm a little apprehensive about taking it because of the side effects.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on Zoloft 50mg and I stopped taking it. I hate all the side affects.
    • Posted

No it wasn't prescribed because of my perimenopause symptoms.

I been having anxiety and panic attacks for as long as I could remember.

The perimenopause is making it worse for sure.

• Posted

Have you got hormones tested. You could be quite out of balance.

Have you thought of bio identical hormone replacement

• Posted

Yes last year I had complete blood work on my hormones and it came back all abnormal.
  • Posted

My doc prescribed it to me I didn't take it very long. I don't know if it was coinsedence or just me because I have mood swings but I felt angry. It was awful so I stopped taking it. I'm still moody LOL but not angry.
    • Posted

Have you thought of getting hormones tested? Maybe considered bio identical hormones.

Hormones can cause all that if out of balance

• Posted

Hormones are not FDA approved for moods ie: depression, anxiety, etc... Hormones are for hot flashes, sleep, and vaginal dryness.  If you think this is a load of bull, then tell your doctor you are having issues with the above mentioned and he will give you hormones.  I say it's worth a try, hormones for your moods.  Everyone is different, hormones might help you but I would do both.  I had trouble with upset stomach on Zoloft, I'm on Prozac.  It helped me so much.  I would do anti-depressants since its approved for moods before I would do hormones but keep your options open.  This is a tough time for women and it takes time to find what is right for you. Don't suffer, get help and you have to be patient.
    • Posted

I tend to agree im on low dose AD but and its a big but my sister who is a year younger than me is on hrt and it did improve her mood.

So all a bit confusing x

• Posted

Is it ever!!!  They need to keep on researching this transition, it was horrible for me.  I'm on both.  I would try both, see how you feel.  If you don't like it then just come off it.  No harm done.
    • Posted

I would do both and see how you feel.  No harm done, come off it if you don't see an approvement. 
    • Posted

Yeah I agree. Whatever works I say use it. Ive had eight years of hell with mine and no end in sight. Its thae hardest time in my life and ive had five kids lol. Wishing you all a good Christmas ladies despite all thse symptoms x
    • Posted

Actually. Hormones out of balance do cause depression, anxiety,mood swings etc.

So bio identical hormones could help. They are not fda approved as there's no money to be made by the big pharmaceutical industry as they can't put a patent on natural hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.