Zoloft 8 1/2 weeks at 100mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have been on zoloft for about 4 months forst month was at 25mg then 50mg for 2 weeks and 75mg for 2 weeks and 100mg for 8 1/2 weeks. I have read alot of posts on here that it takes 6-12 weeks at the SAME dose to see benefits.

is this true and has it worked for anyone else ? i feel like im not getting anywhere. Anxiety and Depression come and go and i moght have a good day here or there pleasw any advicd would be great

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi i have been on sertraline 9.5 weeks. at 50mg. this week i had 3 days with longer periods with no anxiety. There is a facebook support group by Bruno Snow. i think for some people itcan take some time

• Posted

stick with it mate there is light at the end of the tunnel . It took months for it to work with me but it will . You are nearly there now and soon be as good as new .

• Posted

im hopeful, John that it took a while to work for you, it might still work for me,

• Posted

Hey John,

thanks for the reply. How long did it take you and what dose were you on ? Also were you on the dose for a the whole time ?

• Posted

hi all

I started on 50mg in Sept and started to see improvements by Jan . I had an increase in march to 100mg and been on that for a year now . Still have a few bad days here and there with anxiety and low mood but the panic attacks are very mild when I occasionally have them now usually down to low blood sugar .

All I can say is stick with the meds as everyone is different and the meds work at their own pace but they will work . Please be patient and soon you will all be good .

cheers J

• Posted

hey John,

Thanks for the info i do appreicate it. Did you say you have low blood sugar ? Do you have diabetes if so which type ?

• Posted

no I dont have diabetes but I need to constantly snack or I get wobbly and shakey

• Posted

Hey guys

Did either of you experience a loss if feelings?

My partner is on them and feels like she has no feelings, no happiness or sadness just numb.

• Posted

yes that is definitely how I was for a time but it does pass

• Posted

hi folks

great to be on this forum and great to hear your stories, and gave me comfort.

i was put on zoloft 50mg for OCD/anxiety at the start sept and after 9 weeks upped to 100 mg. the first 4/5 weeks of the 100 mg were awful and worse but its seems to be getting less worse this past week at the six week mark but still up and down. from your experiences is this it getting better and am i on the road to recovery

thanks in advance

• Posted

When did the side effects go away please? I am 8 weeks on 100and still struggling bad, isit worth to keep going please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.