Zoloft side effects please help me feel better

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone my name is Matt I'm 39 and I'm not sure where to start

Long story short I was prescribed Zoloft and clonapin around 18ish for panic attacks. 

I've been on them for 20 years and about 5 months ago weened off with dr help.   I was thinking of just trying to become medication free for once in my life.  

I tried for the past 5 months went through every withdrawal symptom imaginable untill about 2 weeks ago I became severely depressed etc...

So 2 days ago I made a life choice to get back on the Zoloft and realized it's OK to take medication if you really need them.  It can't be worse then the past few months.  

So onto my question ....

I started 25mg on Wednesday

I realize the heightened anxiety is normal both from the pill and just the worry about taking a new pill again.  

BUT I am having a side effect that is scaring the crap out of me and causing me panic.  

I have been getting the feeling Like my skin is on FIRE from the inside out

It last for a little and goes away.  

Now I'm sure it's something to due with the meds and that's fine I have heard its pretty bad starting Zoloft and I can't remember 20 years ago

My concern is I can't find many posts about this side effect because as we all know in the panic world if we read other people have had it before we ourselves feel better 

So can anyone tell me if they had this and if they were ok.  Dr is closed till Monday so I have no one to ask

I also notice that my heart is very fast and hard around the same time as this but again I totally think that's ok and just the anxiety

Please help I'm going nuts...

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes been on zoloft for 16 yrs. Wanted to quit smoking, was put on wellbutrin for month then taken off. Was Not put on anything. Decided to get back on zoloft for 4 days was so nausea. Just quit. For the last couple month felt like my skin was on fire, like a sunburn also stinging or oricky feeling, numb feeling on my body and weak. Has started to quit some what. Still hits me sometimes, feels like i want to pass out, but don't. Then the anixiety starts up again. Go to the doc in 2 Weeks no more zoloft maybe something else

• Posted

Hi Matt. I was on Zoloft for five years and decided to wean off. Did ok but started having health issues with my esophagus. Started having depression and anxiety. Decided to go back on the 25 mg Zoloft. I felt really rough first few weeks, the burning on fire feeling you are talking  about, tired, upset stomach, and panic attacks. At 5 weeks started feeling good again. Go back to doctor next week. May be upping to 50 mg. That was my dose last time. Hoping those side effects don’t come back and if the do the aren’t as bad. Good luck to you !!

Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.