Zolpidem - has it caused anxiety/agitation for anyone?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and have been taking Zolpidem for many months now. Initially and for quite a while it worked great but I remember wondering if I felt a bit more anxious in the morning/day after. Now months later I do think it has intensified my depression/anxiety but it is so difficut to stop. I am taking more than 5mg nightly recently as I often top up to stop the panicky feelings and try to get to sleep (not more than 10mg though). Of course all i am doing is getting more immune to it. It creeps up on you.

Has anyone else had increased anxiety/agitation/depression whilst taking Zolpdem.I really must cut down but am wo worried about getting no sleep at all.

C

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Caroline50055, Been on Ambien since it came out. It helps my anxiety but I am severely addicted to it. It is very euphoric!!
  • Posted

Yes, absolutely. I am on 10mg if Zolpdem and have been for over two years now. I had no problems before but about a week ago after reducing to 5mg and then not drinking it at all the following day got the worst pannick attack that started with a feeling of not being able to consintrate or focus on anything. Then just pannick, where I thought I was going to die. Didn’t know it was the zolpidem withdrawal but it was and will be for anyone who has been on it for more than just 6 months. This medication is a god sent for insomnia suffers like myself but MUST be weened off gradually and sometimes with the help of your doctor. Please let me know how things work out for you but the answer is yes, a lot of people have experienced this. 
  • Posted

It really does! I o ly used it for a few nights and I could tell a difference! I suggest trying some magtein and melatonin to help with sleep. The magazine helps out sooo much! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.