Zopiclone 7.5 not working. Any alternatives?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with severe depression following a serious suicide attempt three weeks ago.

Since then I have been sleeping maybe one to two hours a night. The crisis team suggested I try zopiclone which my GP prescribed for me three nights ago. I've never taken any form of sleeping pill before.

The first night I took it as advised at 9.30pm. I went to bed and was still wide awake at 1am. Finally drifted off at around 1.30 but was awake again by 3am.

The second night I took it a little earlier at 9pm and had a shot of brandy as I'd heard that alcohol increases its effect. Slept from 1 until 2.30.

Last night I took it at 8.30 and had several brandy's but still only slept from 1 until 3.

Anyone have any ideas why it's not working? Or suggestions of something else I can ask for? I'm in the UK.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been Prescribed Zopiclone 3.75MG but they haven't had any effects

I'm really worried

Any advice?

Thanks

• Posted

im not sure, pehaps a bad batch ?

i have used them properly 3 times over 5 years, each time a few weeks. they always worked wonders. i would take them get into bed 20 mins later, get very tired and fall asleep.

just got some a few days ago and they are not doing anything. im still staying up till 4-5am. i dont understand why they dont work on me anymore unless they could possibley be placibo ? would hope not with the cost of the appontment and meds, crazy price just to be able to try and sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.