Zopiclone and cocaine and alcohol abuse!

Posted , 15 users are following.

aaron56050

20 December 2013 at 23:27PM

I have been abusing cocaine alcohol and zopiclone! I have took up to 20 7.5mg a night after come and alcohol, I have just had two nights of coke and gone from 8 zops on average a night to 3, I need help with coming off zops, I know I am stupid abusing drugs but would appreciate advice, I have been on them for 6months and badly addicted, Please help thank you :-)

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes that is right then I tapered my self of diazepam with mirtrazepime of which I take 90 mg a night should be of them in a week, I feel like aa person again its great :-)
  • Posted

that's great to hear! especially feeling like a new person. i envy that.

Has this approach you used, diazepam to mitrazepine, made the withdrawal side effects tolerable? have you been sleeping much?

i was only on one 7.5mg zopiclone, and cut down 1/4 a couple of weeks ago. i don't think it would be that hard, but i'm also taking about 27mg of zolpidem a night with that. i wasn't having any side effects cutting the 1/4 and for the most part was sleeping ok, not a lot but not a problem, but last night i cut the zop to 1/2 and after an hour and a half had not fallen asleep despite the 17mg of zolpidem i took with it (i take another 7 to 10mg during in the morning to get more sleep), so i took the 1/4 zop plus more zolpidem, how much, i can't remember (memory problems) and went to sleep for a little while.

If i wasn't taking both meds, it seems like it would be so much easier, just cut and taper and live with the W/D symptoms and get through it.

But if i'm still taking the other medication and i don't sleep, this confuses me. i have wondered if i switched to diazepam, if i could go off both of the Z medications at the same time while doing that. Then just be on one medication, diazepam, and go off of that. 20 years ago, i had been on Diazapam for sleep for many years, got tolerant, went up to about 25-30mg which was having no effect, ran out and went cold turkey and it wasn't bad, the worst was only about 3-4 days and then it was over, the only problem was sleep, but that was OK, it was so good to be free and starting to rebuild good health and the ability to think.

so it doesn't sound hard to me to go off of diazepam, in fact, nothing sounds hard if i i was just on one medication, so that's my goal, to get onto one. and I'm not sure how i'm going to get there.

thanks for the good news and info on how you've done it.

• Posted

Will power, I think it was a clever method to come off zops I thought of it by my self and I sleep great on 90mg mirtrazepime of which I wont be taking next week ill be tab free :-) good luck to all of you you will need it and thanks for all your feed back it really helped :-) x
  • Posted

will power and creativity! well done.
  • Posted

Hi all

I have been on 5-10mg diazepam and 10mg zolpidem for last 5 years. Have managed to cut zolpidem down to 5mg but having problems trying to come off them completely. Any suggestions?.have tried all antidepressants, side effects horrendous, some actually caused insomnia.

• Posted

Hi paul, its dreadful isnt it , I was doing the same only with freebased coke , that got me high the drink mellowed me out and the zopssss at bed made me sleep. Now im off the feebase have been for 5 yrs but still alchol and thats gone up , never in the day tho, but when I binge I now am clueless as to what mayhem ive caused , my family are so fed up of me, but I can never remember what ive done. Mmy e mail is _____ if u like to chat,, see how we can get out of this mess . Heather

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an e-mail address from this reply as it is the policy of patient.info to not publish these within the forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Posted

I'm in the same boat. Been a heavy cocaine user since 16 (18 years) and really heavy drinker. Take 15mg xopiclone to just bring me down and some times more, result to chewy them up for a quick result. I'm not a scum bag addict, just a well paid functioning addict with wife and family. This whole thing is eating me up, I need help but don't want to admit it....... This can't go on.    
    • Posted

I feel like I'm floating around trying to shake this monkey off my back with out some straight wally trying to give me advice whose never even seen my shoes, let aloned sniffed them ...... Ha. 
    • Posted

If my doctor new the drugs consumed on a week, he'd sh*t his pants
    • Posted

I am i the exact same situation. Do you want to talk?
  • Posted

Been using alcohol for years, hate christmass cause its every where and my defences just dissapear! so every year Ihave to go through the same old problems!! just got a couple of zops and some codine...hope it works as i've got no Librium . Wish you good luck in trying to sleep and not shake!!! i'm in work tommorow which is the worst when coming down!! x
  • Posted

I had chronic insomnia and nocturnal heart palpitations. I take 50 mg of Atenalol (the first and still best, longest lasting beta blocker on the market but it takes an hour to work), and although I used to switch from 3.75 zop  to zolpidem 10 so that my body wouldn't get used to either one, I have switched to 5 mg Melatonin. I can't believe how well it works; my body must have been low on this hormone.... I never think OTC stuff will work, so I was shocked. I take it every night nw with the Atenalol and have dropped the z's.
  • Posted

Hello! Do you feel better and found a way out of all these since?

Hope you did!

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.