Zopiclone Not Working

Posted , 22 users are following.

I was recently prescribed Zopiclone 3.75mg (14 tablets). I haven't noticed any significant changes in my sleep, I still can't fall asleep.

I have discontinued use because I'm well aware of the potential for dependency and if it's not working I have no need to take them.

Is it possibly an issue of dosage,  I was given them several months ago (different doctor, different practice) and they seemed to work back then. It can't be an issue of tolerence as I haven't used them for a very long time.

I specifically asked him to give me zopiclone because I was hoping they would have the same effect as they did previously.

I don't know how to approach it with my GP, should i ask him to prescribe me a higher dose? I only want it to help restore my sleep pattern, I have no intention of prolonged use. (Apparently some people abuse them)

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

also id like to know if people like me work, do sports? i sometimes go rick climbing but after short training i get all sore. I am a strong climber and skier but now i literally can lift myself to walk my dog. I am on sick leave too:( which drives me crazy...

• Posted

I find that without sleep, my judgment is impaired. I'd think rock climbing would be highly inadvised. On the other hand, generally sleep comes naturally after exercise, which also generally helps to relieve tension.

• Posted

yes exercises make us happy as they produce amphetomynes in the brain, but how much can we exercise without sleep? for me its been a question from the time my sleep was insufficient. Should i push myself to harder training or just take a day off. But being lazy makes me worse sleeper, hence i never stop to train, but from less and less training i get tired with my insomnia continues 😦

• Posted

Zopiclone has no effect on my sleep, so they upped the dose to 7.5mg and still no luck.

instead it gave me severe memory loss and psychotic symptoms for days and people were really worried. it's banned in some countries.

Ask for a short supply of Lorazepam, much better and 2mg is just enough but please only use it as a last resort.

There is also Zolpidem (Ambien) I've heard better stories about it but there still some stories about weird behaviour.

• Edited

I took Zolpidem for years intermittently and it gave me 3 - 4 hrs of good sleep. Pharmacy could not get it so was changed to Zopiclone, which did nothing at 3.75g. Double up gave me about an hour and a half but also weird everything even water tastes bitter for a while after. Crap drug.

Tor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.