Zopiclone Not Working

Posted , 22 users are following.

I was recently prescribed Zopiclone 3.75mg (14 tablets). I haven't noticed any significant changes in my sleep, I still can't fall asleep.

I have discontinued use because I'm well aware of the potential for dependency and if it's not working I have no need to take them.

Is it possibly an issue of dosage,  I was given them several months ago (different doctor, different practice) and they seemed to work back then. It can't be an issue of tolerence as I haven't used them for a very long time.

I specifically asked him to give me zopiclone because I was hoping they would have the same effect as they did previously.

I don't know how to approach it with my GP, should i ask him to prescribe me a higher dose? I only want it to help restore my sleep pattern, I have no intention of prolonged use. (Apparently some people abuse them)

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey, I’m new to taking medication and I’ve been put onto Zopiclone 7.5. I was told to first take a half and then the next night a full table then i was thinking this might just be an expensive placebo so I thought I’d look into it and now im here. I’ve been using this for the past week or so, should I be concerned that from what I’ve read this seemingly potent medication isn’t affecting my sleep what so ever ? If anyone has something I should know about this medication or about it’s side effects please let me know I’m having a meeting later this week with my psychiatrist about it but some extra info from previous users of this medication would be very helpful 

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Normi1, our situations are similar. I have just been prescribed Zopiclone to help with lack of sleep caused by depression/anxiety. This is my second night on the 7.5mg tablets she prescribed me, however. she seemed adamant to give me any medication whatsoever after telling her how I was previously often using XANAX and smoking weed to help my self go to sleep/ rkeya21661elax. All I wanted was to be given prozac again and actually finish the course long enough to hopefully see the benefits, unlike before when I took them for 3 weeks and felt even worse so went cold turkey. I now believe she has given me placebos and I am fuming because I went to her in desperation to sleep as I am silently screaming in my bed to sleep and when I finally go to get help all I get is a useless placebo I'm sure. 

I am down to my last teether here and I want answers from anyone? 

• Posted

I can totally relate. I've been on zopiclone on and off for tears and I had absolutely no problem falling or staying asleep. Now the past 2 weeks I've had a really hard time staying asleep. I literally wake up hours before work after only 3 or 4 hours of work. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to find out of there are other options. I wish you all the best and a good night's sleep!

• Posted

Sorry about the typos...stupid phone
    • Posted

Hei! you are saying you have used it for years, but not every week, right? I take breaks 2-3 days and just read at night or take shower or walk around than feel broken in a day but still do things. Than i take 3.5mg and enjoy 3-4hrs of sleep. Is it same for you?

• Posted

I'm having the same problem but am now taking 7mg and much better. Hoop in only to take them for a few days whilst on holiday.

• Posted

At 66 I've never a had a sleeping pill in my life, but , I needed some so the doc gave me 7.5 Zoplclone...rubbish..feel more awake than before

• Posted

Lots of people abuse these drugs because you become dependent on them very quickly - in as little as 7 days with some of them. I urge you to find a natural solution and stay away from drugs that can/will ruin your life and leave you disabled in some way - these drugs alter your brain chemistry and believe me, it is very difficult go get that functioning correctly again. There are all kinds of music & meditations to help you sleep, natural herbs and other solutions such as acupuncture, kinesiology. Please don't take what I am saying lightly. Be thankful that the Zopiclone isn't working for you - stay away from it.

• Posted

I just got on zopiclone 3 months ago starting from 3,75mg. it helped in the first 2 weeks but i woke up at 3-4am -after hoing to bed at 9-10pm.

i tryed to stop once it dod not work anymore but i did not sleep either. Tryed higher dose 7.5 mg and it also gave me 2 hours of deep sleep and 3-4 of RAM sleep.

I taped myself off within 2 weeks but some nights were nightmare with 30-50 min sleep only.

I am feeling fatigue, cant work, cant be active in the day.

My question is it better to just wait until my sleep comes back using Magnesium, Passiflora, 5-htp and Vit B, or get higher dose of Zopiclone and first get enough sleep?

• Posted

Have you had a diagnosis of primary insomnia or residual insomnia from PTSD? If not, maybe you should consider what's causing your lack of sleep, with the help of a professional if necessary. Maybe there's some other way than sleeping pills to resolve your problem.

Valerian is the herb most associated with insomnia, and I just saw today that the amino acid glycine is also thought to help. I'm not necessarily recommending them, just passing on the information.

• Posted

I was not diagnosed properly, my doctor just jokes that nay be i need vodka)) he just orescribed me zopiclone for a month. I had much stress lately and stoped sleeping because i had to sort out my life in all aspects. After i settled all the conflicts i had no more reason for sleep deprivation but i just forgot jow to sleep. I started taking Glicin and Oassiflora, 5htp and magnesium that helps me at least to be relaxed. but i cant achieve non ram sleep withput zopiclone at all. i decided to just stop zopiclone yesterday and feeling broken today but will continue with meditation and may be chinese boost formula. I was curious how long can one live without sleep?? can someone share?

• Posted

Going without sleep is not at all good for the health. I recently heard that one night without sleep is as bad for you as months on a bad diet. Also, it's said that after just five nights with less than five hours sleep a night, you can develop pre-diabetic symptoms.

• Posted

I know whats on the net, and alfa amiloid is building up in prefeontal cortex causing our body to be painful (fibromialgia) and memory decreases et st

Id like to hear experiences of people like me. who actually went off Zopiclone

• Posted

I have heard that its possible to take just a tiny chip of a doze zopiclone to initiste sleep. But i take at 8pm and sleep from 9ish to may be 1am with non ram sleep 50min and notjing from 1am

• Posted

Indeed, I really don't know – are you sure the stress problems you described are truly over and not still lurking in your subconscious, could you not have developed a type of PTSD from extreme sports like military personnel do, might you have developed a stress problem from too religious an exercise regime (I'm fully aware that's possible), might you be simply trying to drive yourself too hard?

Maybe the rigours of our modern society make many of us need something to help us sleep? In most cases, I suspect that a reduction in stress levels is key to improving a lack of natural sleep. Much as it may be interesting, I doubt that understanding the scientific or medical side of things is going to resolve your insomnia problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.