Zopiclone Not Working

Posted , 16 users are following.

I was recently prescribed Zopiclone 3.75mg (14 tablets). I haven't noticed any significant changes in my sleep, I still can't fall asleep.

I have discontinued use because I'm well aware of the potential for dependency and if it's not working I have no need to take them.

Is it possibly an issue of dosage,  I was given them several months ago (different doctor, different practice) and they seemed to work back then. It can't be an issue of tolerence as I haven't used them for a very long time.

I specifically asked him to give me zopiclone because I was hoping they would have the same effect as they did previously.

I don't know how to approach it with my GP, should i ask him to prescribe me a higher dose? I only want it to help restore my sleep pattern, I have no intention of prolonged use. (Apparently some people abuse them)

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey, I’m new to taking medication and I’ve been put onto Zopiclone 7.5. I was told to first take a half and then the next night a full table then i was thinking this might just be an expensive placebo so I thought I’d look into it and now im here. I’ve been using this for the past week or so, should I be concerned that from what I’ve read this seemingly potent medication isn’t affecting my sleep what so ever ? If anyone has something I should know about this medication or about it’s side effects please let me know I’m having a meeting later this week with my psychiatrist about it but some extra info from previous users of this medication would be very helpful 

Thank you.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Normi1, our situations are similar. I have just been prescribed Zopiclone to help with lack of sleep caused by depression/anxiety. This is my second night on the 7.5mg tablets she prescribed me, however. she seemed adamant to give me any medication whatsoever after telling her how I was previously often using XANAX and smoking weed to help my self go to sleep/ rkeya21661elax. All I wanted was to be given prozac again and actually finish the course long enough to hopefully see the benefits, unlike before when I took them for 3 weeks and felt even worse so went cold turkey. I now believe she has given me placebos and I am fuming because I went to her in desperation to sleep as I am silently screaming in my bed to sleep and when I finally go to get help all I get is a useless placebo I'm sure. 

I am down to my last teether here and I want answers from anyone? 

Report Reply
  • Posted

I can totally relate. I've been on zopiclone on and off for tears and I had absolutely no problem falling or staying asleep. Now the past 2 weeks I've had a really hard time staying asleep. I literally wake up hours before work after only 3 or 4 hours of work. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to find out of there are other options. I wish you all the best and a good night's sleep!

Report Reply
  • Posted

I'm having the same problem but am now taking 7mg and much better. Hoop in only to take them for a few days whilst on holiday.

Report Reply
  • Posted

At 66 I've never a had a sleeping pill in my life, but , I needed some so the doc gave me 7.5 Zoplclone...rubbish..feel more awake than before

Report Reply
  • Posted

Lots of people abuse these drugs because you become dependent on them very quickly - in as little as 7 days with some of them. I urge you to find a natural solution and stay away from drugs that can/will ruin your life and leave you disabled in some way - these drugs alter your brain chemistry and believe me, it is very difficult go get that functioning correctly again. There are all kinds of music & meditations to help you sleep, natural herbs and other solutions such as acupuncture, kinesiology. Please don't take what I am saying lightly. Be thankful that the Zopiclone isn't working for you - stay away from it.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up