Zopiclone side effects after long term use

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hello you all! I´m new here so I really don´t know how this works.  But I have some questions for those here who have experienced sideeffects from after long term use (abuse) of the drug Zopiclone.  Is there someone here who has experienced indigestion after using Zopiclone or simular drugs.  If so what did you do to make it better and is it permanent or something that can be fixed. 

I just found out that a friend of mine who has been sick more or less over the last one and half year has been abusing Zopiclone after she got it to get through a hard time in her life.  

She has been taking from one 7,5 mg up to six pills a night.  Now she´s going from doctor to doctor because she´s always ill.  After many visits to the hospital, numbers of tests and researches and she never gets any results that make sense.  She has severe panic attacks almost every day.  She can almost not eat anything because it causes her so much pain.  

After I found out about her abuse of this drug I started to research the Internet and found out that there are some terrible sideeffcts from using this drug for long time.  I´ve tried to talk to her about it but it´s like she doesn´t want to hear a bad thing about this drug.  She says it only helps her and her illness must come from something else.  So if there is anyone here who has had some indigestion problems of some kind I would be glad to hear what exactly and how you´ve overcome these problems.  And also hear from others that have experienced some illness because of this drug.  

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been taking zops for 10 years now. I went one year, of shear hell, doing without. I got so fed up with wack sleep patterns or none at all I went back on a few months ago and I am grateful to be able to sleep. With all the talk about dependency I suppose I am one of those. My doctor knows how long I have been taking these and sees no danger so I myself am wondering what all the fuss is about ?
  • Posted

Hi L have been taking Zopedeclone regularly for years.Now l don't knowant how to come of the pills Also l have trouble with my bowels is this due due to taking these pills.

• Posted

Hi just replying to your postYes like your friend l have been not to well since taking Zopedeclone.My bowels give me trouble but they can't find any thing wrong with me.At my wits end.Carole

• Posted

Zopiclone for me changed my bowel movement times.. I always went #2 in the morning when i wake up, now with zopiclone i rarely do in the morning but always do at night right after i take the pill. Or sometimes i start getting shakey then an hour later I go #2 and the shakes go away, STRANGE EH!? then i realize I hadn't pooped in a while and it was probably a build-up in the system.

Carole i don't know what bowel problems you have but i do know Zopiclone is not recommended for people with Thyroid problems. Maybe related? I had bloodwork done to make sure my thyroid was working properly.

Coming off of them, be prepared for the first few days to be hell. It's worth it when you realize how much of a zombie these pills make you and how emotionless they make your life. Just breathing fresh air after coming off these pills always makes me see their deep twisted somehow "undercover" downside

• Posted

Hi read your post and do agree they mess up your bowels a bit.But l am on medetiction and l have been told that my medetiction upsets my bowels.I have type 2 Diabetes and been on pills for 8 years.Had loads of bowel tested They told me it was my meds.Gone knows if it is those Zophie. but l need to sleep.Gave up cigarettes and that was very hard.Now l have a bad habbits.Zopedeclone.Carole
  • Posted

I have been on and off of Zoplicone for about 7 years. The past year I have taken them pretty much everynight. I get them from friends so i can take higher dosages, since i cannot fall asleep on just one 7.5.

I usually take from 3-5 a night, and let me tell you IT IS HARD TO TAKE THIS MANY FOR TOO LONG.

Some but not all of side affects for me are:

Side effects - Pain under armpits lungs (zopiclone in high doses is hard on your respiratory system) especially smokers. I had Pneumonia and took zopiclone, i was sick for months..

Side effects - feel like i'm going to have a brain seizure or stroke at times. shakiness. rushing to bathroom cause i have to pee constantly thinking i'm about to have a stroke while trying to pee. peeing somehow relieves the pain in my head???

Side effects - Some stomach and digestive issue's, mostly come's when i first start the pills after a while. I don't experience this much anymore.

These are some VERY STRANGE PILLS, but I love them. MIND YOU I DO take myself off of them for a few days at least when the side effects are too much. This is about once every 2 months of taking 2-4 a night. These few days are hell, bad nightmares, no sleep. It's not hard to come off them just be prepared for a hellish few days up all night.

I have started taking them with drinking, last couple times i took 1 zopiclone after 12 beers, I feel my heartbeat pulsating through my whole body (down to my leg, up my neck). This is very scary, i'm not doing this anymore. THESE PILLS ARE WEIRD, BE CAREFUL.

• Posted

I have been on zopiclone for 10 years and I think it is in a person’s own mind that they have to take more and more of the drug to get the effects. I take half a pill 3.2mg each night and if I have a tuffer night I take one whole pill. I have been off of them cold turkey with no issues for weeks at a time. When I don’t have much stress in my life I dont need them. When I have anxiety, which is normally the case, I need only half a pill it relaxes me and I can sleep. I have absolutely no side effects. They have given me a quality of life because without them I would have succumbed to illness many times from lack of sleep.

• Posted

Ive been shocked to read how many pills people take. I only take 1/2 a pill and go off when I have minimal stress. I think many people need help administering medication. statistically many people have disorders these days. leaving this drug in the hands of people that have other disorders increases the danger.

• Posted

Hi no side effects just concerned that l might be dependent on then as l panic if l dont take one every night.Don't want to tell any one as l am a very private person.I have read very bad side effects coming ofrom this drug.Carole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.