Zopiclone Withdrawal

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi I stopped Zopiclone after taking it for 5 months 3 nights ago. Somehow I managed about 5 hrs interrupted sleep the first two nights. Last night I had no sleep and feel awful today. The doc said I can still take it if I feel desperate but I know I will slide back into the habit of taking it. Any encouragement would be welcome. I could sleep for England today

2 likes, 104 replies

104 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Dont give up. it's hard but you will do it. I never thought I'd get off Zopiclone but I did. It can be quite a Road but its doable honestly

• Posted

thanku x i wont. were u able to sleep without them at all while u were on them nirithes? i cant even nap. awful x

• Posted

im really struggling. 3 hours sleep a day. please tell me this gets better.

• Posted

it does honestly. It takes a while. Maybe get some otc stuff to ride you over. I always have an hour wind down time before bed. No tv just reading. It helps

• Posted

ive been working with reconnexion here in australia they are a benzo help service. im taking 1.5 mg of valium to help ease withdrawal symptoms. last night i woke up after only 1 hr and 45 mins so took another 1mg valium. got another 2 hours maybe. my receptors must be so damaged. i dont like taking valium but its a struggle. i dont know how much longer i can do this. i went into total tolerance 1.5 years ago and have been fighting to get off ever since. i was just a busy mum, my little boy has autism so i had a lot of trouble getting him to sleep this is how it all started. i just want to stay in bed all day and cry. i want this to be behind me x thanku so much for your support nirithes. i really need someone whose been thru this xx

• Posted

I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better for you. It's such a tough Road but I guess if we accept it's going to be hard we just have to hang in there. I'm sure you will be fine. I never thought I'd get off Zopiclone but I did

• Posted

thanku Nirithes

it helps when you hear other peoples stories! such a struggle but ill keep going 😃 x

• Posted

i just thought id update. i just made another cut , im now on 1/4 of a 7.5mg tablet, so 1.87mg. the last reduction i made was very difficult, the first week was hell, 4 nights no sleep at all then only a few hours on the other nights, but the 2nd week was much better. last night in new dose only 2 hrs sleep. in for another rocky week x

• Posted

you are doing so well accepting how hard it is. I promise you it will get easier. Stick with it. Well done and keep me posted

• Posted

thanks nirithes. x hopefully be off in 3 more weeks x thats the plan x 😃

• Posted

on 1/8 zop now. sleep is terrible struggling to get off. taking valium but not really helpi g with sleep. looks like will be hard road for me

• Posted

Hi it is a hard Road. Even now my sleep can be bad. I had 3 hours last night. Dont give up

• Posted

ive jumped from zop. had 10 hrs sleep in 7 days. hurting. how long have u been off now nirithies?

• Posted

A good 18 months. If I get desperate I take 2 Night Nurse which knock me out

• Posted

Congrats on trying Nirithes.

It seems really hard. I've been on Z 3.5 for about 3 - 4 months but started getting some abdominal discomfort so I've been trying to get off. God. Sleepless nights.

I read it takes 5-14 days of being off to get through the withdrawal. The first 5 days are the worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.