Zopiclone Withdrawal

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi I stopped Zopiclone after taking it for 5 months 3 nights ago. Somehow I managed about 5 hrs interrupted sleep the first two nights. Last night I had no sleep and feel awful today. The doc said I can still take it if I feel desperate but I know I will slide back into the habit of taking it. Any encouragement would be welcome. I could sleep for England today

2 likes, 104 replies

104 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Dont try to stop quickly, it s impossible.   Have you tried using half the dose?   Or  stop one day for the week till your body gets use to it for a couple of weeks then stop 2 days etc.  Only you know your body well do work with that.
  • Posted

Hello again. Hope you will get a little rest tonight. Relaxation can be just as good as sleep sometimes.you know I took the Nortriptyline and it didn't work for me. I hope it works for you. I ended up taking hydroxyzine and it worked pretty darn good. Only took it about once a week to get more than 2 hours sleep and I got about 4 to 5. Just remember to share everything with your doctor and TAKE your time. Only you will know how much of no sleep you can handle. I amazed myself on how I survived on so little sleep. Watch your blood pressure just in case and my prayers and thoughts are with you. Sincerely, Ruby S

• Posted

Iv been taking zopliclone 5 years and others stuff but zoppies are that addictive . I'm even thinking about suicide it's got that bad . Add me on Facebook mate daz beers

• Posted

Hi daz44291

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Daz.

I was a polydrug user for 25years & they've taken every thing from me except my life, and I've tried..

Zopiclone are super addictive, But They Only Have a Small Half Life Which Means If You Dont Detox properly Off Them Youre Gonna Go Thru Hell.

Flip Side Is If You Do Detox Properly youll Hardly Notice The Withdrawl Symtons.

I Wish U The Best Mate.

• Posted

Thanks guys I'm ony last four and they'll be gone by tonight . What will I have to do as can't get any . Andy body stiffens up and I get anxiety attacks and can't leave my bed . And don't wana drink alcohol as that makes me bad and lose control xx

• Edited

Oh My Goodness. So happy for you. Just think........ It only gets better from here on. Someone is looking out for us. If we can spread the word just to one more person on this forum and they help someone, we can be a part of people stopping taking these pills.Miracles can happen and did with you my friend. May this week be better than last and so on. Ruby S
    • Posted

Thank you. Yea if we can help just one other person. I'm so grateful for the encouragement I've received on here

Best Wishes

• Posted

You're so blessed to come off these. I have been on zop as needed for the past year...maybe took one 7.5 mg or even half that one every 3 or 4 weeks....then in August couldnt sleep for 13 days without taking one....after that had withdrawals....did it cold turkey and it was horrible but no hallucinations or seizures....muscle twitching and anxiety and sweaty hands not to bad, for a week....the 2nd day was hardest.....but now 3 weeks off of them I took one last night as I didnt sleep much the past 2 days...it wasn't that good of a sleep...now I'm going to take higher dose just to sleep. Been up almost 3 days now and cant take it anymore. Wish insomnia did not exist. I am hoping for no kindling withdrawal as it suppose to get worse after every relapse. You're so lucky to be off these.

• Posted

you cant stay up for three days,  its crazy.  Use your medication and once in a while cut down for a day but never on the same day just to fool your body!!

hang in there it s possible and since everyone is different?  take your time!

• Edited

HI I'm experience the worse withdrawl from zopliclone I'm that week it's horrible . I know all I need is that one pill to make me better again . But I can't go on like this . I can't get any and have a misses and daughter that I can't explain what's up with me .y missus don't know I'm that bad on them. Any idea what I can do . Xx

• Edited

Hi don't just stop them you need to taper. Withdrawal is horrible but provided you do it correctly you can make it easier for yourself. I had 3 attempts but now 5 months free of them. Even now there are nights when I could take one but don't. It may seem awful now but trust me it will get better

• Edited

i hope someone is still active here. would love some support from people who are going thru what i am going thru. reading success stories is the only thing that jeeps me going. im down to just under 3/4 7.5mg zop and getting 2-5 hours sleep a night. struggling x

• Edited

hi I got off Zops after 3 attempts 18 months ago. it was tough but I did it. I accept my sleep is less than perfect

I'll often only get 4 hours but I no longer stress about it

• Posted

hi nirithes thanks so much for your reply. i would love 4 hrs of sleep if it was my own. my sleep has been erratic the entire time which makes withdrawal harder. some days i think ill never sleep again without meds. i cant believe how much these drugs can ruin lives. mr dr never told me this could happen. i hope one day soon i can post a success story like you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.