Zoplicone and lorazepam taper is ruining me

Posted , 7 users are following.

15 years of building up to 15 mg of Zopliclone and 5 mg of lorazapam at night to sleep. DR retired with no help to get off these. Tried cold turkey and blood pressure, saddness , anxiety for the first time in my life almost killed me. I read the Ashton method but cant find a new Dr. that buy it. I go to a public clinic 4 weeks now on 55 mg of valium a night. I have not slept and a complete zombie, cant work or drive, cant eat, i need to gain weight its to long lasting was told its a year taper , i cant be a zombie for a year. Im worried about GABA and PAWS. I was thinking about keep trying to find a family Dr and switch to original meds and taper one fifth at a time as they are shorter lived, you cant cure 15 years in a few months . Thoughts? appreciated .

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi kathy i would avoid pyschiatrists if possible, from experience they dont recognise withdrawal symptoms they will say u have depression or anxiety and give u meds to treat it and they dont help. they made me feel worse. the only way out is slow taper x it is horrific but there are lots of people who have done it. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.