Zyprexa Withdrawal symptoms even thru tapper

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone! My name is George. I'm 51 years old. 16 years ago Zyprexa was prescribed to me because I was going through a very intense anxiety picture. At the moment I was taking 3 mgs of Xanax daily. With the passing of days I improved a lot. But here comes the problem. The Zyprexa dose was 7.5 mg daily. When I did blood tests, they found my cholesterol and triglycerides very high. I was medicated for this. I was never warned about the side effects of this drug. I eventually decided to lower the dose to 5 mgs daily. I was like this for a few years, then I went down to 2.5 mgs daily for other years. When I began to see various symptoms of the damage caused by Zyprexa, I decided to gradually lower the dose to reach .60 mgs. There the problems began: headache all day that changes position constantly, dizziness, permanent muscle pain in the cervical area and in the shoulders, arms, etc. I went to the neurologist and doctor twice and they did exams including a brain scan. They told me that everything was normal and they recommended me to go back to the last dose of Zyprexa. I did it both times and the pain disappeared. Now a month ago that on the recommendation of my general practitioner I suspended the Zyprexa and the symptoms have returned. There is no pain reliever of any kind that will relieve my headache or muscle contractions, including muscle relaxants. A little insomnia has added. I take 3 mgs. of clonazepam daily. I do not want to take Zyprexa again. It has been a month without taking it. I'm also having immediate memory problems, I think of something I have to do and within seconds I don't remember what it was. I forget what I have to do in the moment, the memory of the past is perfect. I would like to know if someone has gone through this and how they have done it. If someone can advise me or has been through a similar situation, I would like you to comment or tell me what to expect from this withdrawal.

Thank you.

P.S.

Psychiatrists deny that these problems exist with ZYPREXA, but I never had these symptoms before taking Zyprexa !!!!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jorge how can I taper coated 5mg olanzapine pill down to tiny amounts you describe. Regards..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.