[Warts And Verrucas] VINEGAR, VINEGAR AND MORE VINEGAR!!! You don't need to p...

Posted , 157 users are following.

VINEGAR, VINEGAR AND MORE VINEGAR!!! You don't need to pay money to get rid of these things!! Listen up people, if you want to see quicker results just use vinegar to get rid of your awful warts or veruca/s!! Get either white wine vinear or apple cider vinegar, cotton wool balls and some duck tape. Break the cotton wool into smaller pieces (slightly larger than the veruca or wart itself) Soak these cotton wool pieces in vinegar and place directly over the veruca/s. Secure in place over night with plenty of duck tape. Do this every night. In the morning, remove the tape and shower as usual. Let the area dry up during the day and leave alone. After only a few days you will feel slight tenderness in the veruca area and you will notice that it changes colour, becoming darker. I think that this is because the veruca has absorbed the vinegar and the flesh is decaying and drying up. This is the only thing that has helped me with mine. Don't waste money on over the counter products-its a waste!! Don't have them cut out or frozen or lazered-off until youhave tried this for at least 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure this will be the most effective thing you've tried! And easy and natural and cheap. Try it!! Good luck!!! xoxox :ok:

This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience

14 likes, 513 replies

513 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I use white wine vinegar, so don't know if cider vinegar has same properties. It's now been 8 days since started on my 4 years old toe, had to stop for a couple of days as sore. But it is bringing it out and turning black. I reckon 1 to 2 more weeks and I should be able to pick the top off it and see where we are going. Yes the skin around it is crinkled and white. But will keep updated! Best of luck. 
  • Posted

I have been using this treatment for almost 2 weeks now on a small wart on my finger which has been there a few months and a verruca on my foot which I have unfortunately had for over 3 years.

Exactly one week into the treatment I managed to peel away my wart and am absolutely delighted with how quickly the treatment works. At first there seemed to be a small hole in my finger from where the wart was but it quickly filled up and now has gone sort of like a brownish coloured scab.. I would really appreciate some feedback on this one, what should I be doing now that I think the wart is gone? Do I continue treatment/leave it as it is? I really don't want this wart coming back!

Also, just to update on the verrucca - After trying to remove it using over the counter treatments and paying an absolute fortune to a chiropodist last summer, the verrucca would leave for a few weeks and again return.. ACV treatment seems to be working, it has decreased sufficiently in size however I feel it will be a long time before it is really gone! But this treatment definitely seems to work!!

• Posted

I had 3 warts - 1 on my finger on my knuckle & 2 on the back of my hand. I’d been to my GP & tried the prescribed medication without any success. The GP told me when I went back that they didn’t do any freezing on the NHS so to try an over the counter solution..  I looked at these & I would have to spend ~ £10 minimum but without any guarantee of success.. I’d already spent over £21 on my prescribed medicine so I was loath to spend anymore unless I had too.. So I Goggled wart removal to see if I could find a clinic that would do it.. In my list of search results was this page.. So last Monday, I brought a bottle of white vinegar & a pack of pads .. total cost £2.17.. I have loads of tape at home so didn’t have to spend out of getting that.. I applied the vinegar & taped it up on Monday night.. By Friday morning, the warts were all black & ugly. Whilst at work I knocked my finger & the black mess fell off..  My wart had gone!!  So I picked off the warts on my hand & they came away again leaving no warts!  biggrin  Still applying the vinegar just to be sure.. BTW it does sting a lot when you first apply it so be warned if you are thinking of using this method on your kids..
  • Posted

Hi

I 've not had one since being a kid,  This rough bit of skin on my heel had been there for a while, at least a year.  Tried a few treatments and seen a chiropdist.

Anyway one bottle of cider apple vinegar and some duck tape, a very painful process to start with. Use of an old clamp razor blade to cut away top layer and not enough to bleed. Lots of black dots coming away.  Then a large middle lump came out and then more small bits,

This has taken a good six months but we think it has gone, my wife has better sightings of it.  It has certainly gone, I was pleased to see it greatly reduce, and now it is gone!!!

• Posted

Been trying vineger for about 3 months solid and IT DON'T WORK!!!! All it does is soften the wart so you can scrape some of it off and partial remove but it does NOT dry up and die as many suggest. I used vineger on a cotton swab covered with duck tape. They will become a little painful but they DON'T GO!
    • Posted

keep going it could take six months, vinegar actin as an acid and duck tape stopping the air, it does work!!!
  • Posted

I have just finished a 3 week course of using white wine vinegar, duck tape and 3 times scraping the head of the wart. I used it on my 4 year olds toe. IT WORKED. Totally gone! That's twice now, separate children and completely cleared up. Perseverance required. Just my comments and findings, sorry if it doesn't work for some people but it works brilliantly for my children and I didn't use any other medication. Hope it some of you. Xxxxx
  • Posted

I am attempting again properly this time after stopping too quickly previously!

Its definately turning them black and Im slowly (using nail clippers) able to cut off some of the dead skin and black bits!

How do you tell when it has fully gone? Sometimes I find it looks like it has (with. O visible black) so I file the skin and it bleeds in one spot. Does this mean there is still more to get out?

• Posted

keep going every day dont let it bleed mine has gone totally, keep trating after you think it has gone!!
  • Posted

It is different for everyone, but my sons skin wrinkled, peeled and the wart rose up a bit, I scrapped, really carefully, 3 times over the last week, then after 3 weeks, I let it dry out, 1 week later after the skin had healed, it had gone! very happy! X
  • Posted

Hi everyone, I have recently discovered my plantar warts and, thanks to everyone's sharing here, started the ACV treatment as well. They have definitely turned black and seem to cling onto some dead skin now. However, I have a word of advice for you. It is IMPORTANT not to pick the warts!! According to my dermatologist and some articles I have read online, picking the warts might cause new warts! It is, unfortunately, what happened to me. They stopped spreading as soon as I stopped picking. Now I just soak them with ACV cotton day and night. I realised the dead skin would come off themselves when they are soft. So please stop picking! I know some of you got rid of it picking it out, but it is not worth the risk. Soaking is pretty enough.

Will keep updating my progress. Good luck everyone!

• Posted

Hi everyone, I'm here to update my progress. After less 3 weeks of treatment, all my warts are gone!!!! There were 2 at the beginning. One was around a year old and the other a few months old. Some satellite warts caused by picking. I used ACV on all of them. The several-month-old one was gone in 2 weeks. The one-year-old was gone in 3. The satellite ones just disappeared on their own. 

ACV does work!!!! A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has shared their experience here and good luck to everyone battling warts!

• Posted

Best solution for verruca's ever.  I  have tried many over counter products and even went doctors but got fed up going every week.  I have had a verruca for about 4 years nothing has touched it.  I tried vinegar on a plaster at night and in during the day and this stubborn verruca has almost gone cannot believe the amount of money I have spent over the years on products, not always the cheap ones, which have never worked.  Many thanks for this excellent advice.  Cannot believe something so cheap as vinegar has worked. So glad I found this thread.
  • Posted

Hi everyone, first of all thank you for writing about your experiences here, it helps so much to know that I'm not the only one battling these monsters smile I'm not sure if anyone's still checking this thread... I really need some advice and hoping someone might help.

I don't know for how long I've had this verruca on my sole, only noticed a small hard, light yellowish area that was becoming more painful earlier this year. I thought it's just a callous or something to do with my very dry skin, so I ignored it for a few months. When it became apparent that nothing's changing, I looked at images on the web and realised it's a verruca sad

By the time I decided to do something, I noticed four tiny dark dots in other areas on the sole (still not 100% sure that those are verrucas as well!).

I bought a Wartner pen and did a round of treatment on all five. Well, the only outcome of that was that I was able to remove a thin layer of skin after soaking my foot in hot water.

On the 'mature' verruca, once that layer was removed, I could see some white powdery stuff and black dots. I diligently picked most of the black dots and removed some of the white powder - not sure if that was a mistake or not! What I was left with was a spongey texture that looked exactly like a verruca.

I was stupid enough not to use latex gloves that time and ended up with some little dots on my fingers (but I've been soaking them in ACV and they're under control). I've been using gloves ever since and carefully cleaning and disinfecting anything the verruca touches. I always put a plastic bag on my foot, sealed with lots of duct tape, when showering.

I then started treating it with ACV. Did that for two weeks (soaking in hot water with Epsom salts every 3-4 days and removing white dead skin, mainly the one surrounding the verruca). The only outcome was that the verruca (still quite flat) changed its colour to a very light brown. I could still see some black bits.

I then swithed to an unfiltered ACV (after reading some of your stories) which contains 'the mother'. I've been using it for a few days, occassionally during the day as well.

Yesterday, I worked from home and avoided putting any weight on that foot (the verruca is close to the heel) and kept vinegar on it for most of the day, using a bigger piece of ACV soaked cotton wool. Last night, I soaked my foot as usual (30 min, Epsom salts, water as hot as I can stand, topping it every 5 min or so with freshly boiled water).

I had quite a lot of dead skin and it was painful, so I decided to gently remove it (with a corn knife and a file). Inadvertently, when trying to remove the skin surrounding the verruca, I also removed the top layer on it (the light brown bit). This revealed what I think is the core (a bit larger and deeper than what I expected), as it looked like yellowish elastic strings, or 'tentacles' as I call them, with some black thin lines in between. I would have taken a photo, but it looked very gross.

Most of you said that it's not okay to pick at the verruca and wait until it falls or becomes black. After nearly 3 weeks, none of that happened and now I don't know what I should do next. I soaked it in ACV last night and again this morning, avoiding to walk on it.

Should I just keep using the ACV or attempt to remove the core? Any help would be much appreciated, I'm afraid it will spread if I leave it for too long without actually doing something to it as it's more exposed now. If you think it's helpful, I can post a photo when I get home tonight.

Thank you in advance smile

P.S. Ever since I started ACV, I've barely experienced any pain (just a very mild tingling / burning sensation once in a while, which lasts for a few seconds only), which is weird!

• Posted

Keep going everyday,  dont forget the duck tape as well,  as I understand it the vinegar acts as an acid and the duck tape stops the air getting to it.

I also used an old style razor blade to slice off dead bits and sanded it down with a foot file.

It could take a few months but persist, nothing on my heal now!

• Posted

Thank you for replying so quickly! Yes, I always use duct / electrical tape to keep it covered. So it's a patience / waiting game, I need to work on that smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.