1st day of my 6th week

Posted , 10 users are following.

hello everyone hope you all doing fun .. Today is the 1sr day of week 6 .. All major side effects are gone and i feel much better .. I still have tingling in my head when i wake up and i use the toilete so much lately i dont know why.. Yesterday i was a little bit anxious but mind helped to go through this as if its in careless mode i feel 80% better so far except few side effects here and there.

1 like, 250 replies

250 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh gosh I wish I had found this forum 14 years ago! I had a useless gp, he put me straight on 20 then two weeks later 40. He never told me that getting worse were the side effects he just increased my dose. I stayed on that for 14 years until I messed up my dosage.

I was put back on 20mg then upped to 30mg but I feel quite tired on them, only on week 4 of 30mg, week 6 if being back in cit. do I stay on 30 or go down? Think I will go back to the docs, been feeling better but a big dip now my period is due 

• Posted

Don't go up in dosage you should stay on one dose for at least 3months....30 might just suit you..but you gotta be Patience..

• Posted

HI lois

Ive done 4 weeks today... I’m not feeling a benefit... when did you notice a benefit?

• Posted

I did not feel any benefit at all at four weeks.or six weeks or 8weeksor 12weeks..I just had horrible side effects and magnified anxiety symptoms from celexa..I started feeling improvement I say at 5months..by the 8 month I was totally well..still today I see inprovements..
    • Posted

I just kept taking my pill with the only hope left after trying quite a few ssris and snri.and even antipsychotics..so the only hope I had was celexa..there was no ok let's try another med. There was no other med for me..so I just kept on taking celexa..until I started noticing little inprovements like my side effects subsiding ..which to was equal or worst than my initial anxiety symptoms...

• Posted

I will keep taking it and hope something happens...

Did anyone else reading this not feel anything for the first few weeks?

• Posted

I hate to say it but your lucky if your only feeling those two side effects.. remember this is not a four week magic pill...this is more like a 12week deal for most...who knows you might feel better tomorrow or next week etc..you never know with these meds..the gradual feel is so unnoticeable that alot of folks give up..don't give up ..stay your course..I know is easier said than done..

• Posted

First 4 weeks only felt bad side effects then on week 5 had a good couple of days but also couple days of worsening anxiety. So I am just believing  what everyone is saying here and persevering one day after another.  I havent felt hopeless and unable to go on but just don’t enjoy anything much. I am believing by another 6 weeks I will have many many good days!!  Saying a prayer for you all x x
    • Posted

Thanks Lois for all your encouragement for many of us this forum is such a life line. Tell me do you have any tips that lessened the anxiety. I tried to go away for a few days but had to come back early coz it the weird anxiety!!
    • Posted

Well when I didn't have zanex..I would take my sleeping tablet ziplocone and cut it into fours ..and I would take that..but now if I have anxiety feelings. I take my xanex when necessary .other than that I combat my anxiety chemically..all though iam recovered I still get anxious..I got anxious over a family death and xanex took care of that..and iam still on celexa..but at times we need and extra push..just knowing I have my xanex in my purse is relief...

• Posted

Maybe and just ‘maybe’ a 20mg dose would be better for you? If you’ve only suffered those two side effects you’re lucky or perhaps it’s influence is too weak! Maybe the Mirtz is overpowering it. I’m not an expert but I don’t like the idea of taking two diff antidepressants at the same time.  I did start straight onto 20mg of citalopram and have had plenty of side effects, the worst being heightened anxiety, extreme fatigue,  twitching, restless legs and all over trembling and body aches but these are all normally expected. Dry mouth, excessive yawning, jaw and nose bone pain, shallow breathing, tight headaches and tingling are other ‘expected’ side effects I’ve had. I’m on day 41 now @30mg. 
    • Posted

As of today, day 41 I can say my daytime anxiety is greatly reduced. I’m in the bath soaking. I ache all over mainly, I’ve stopped going to the loo almost every hour like I was, that took a whole month to calm down. Nausea is reduced also, I actually feel I AM improving very very slowly.... but that’s better than feeling nothing at all, I am grateful for any improvements tbh...
    • Posted

That’s absolutely wonderful to hear Manny I am so happy for you as I too am on day 41 so maybe this awful anxiety will subside  for me too very soon. Keep posting we all wanna hear of your progress !!
    • Posted

Lois told me to talk to my doctor about benzos . I got some Klonopin (clonazepam) it has literally changed me. I take .5mg at bed and .5mg as soon as I wake up. I feel back to my normal self. No morning anxiety which makes my day much easier. 
    • Posted

You were so right about the benzo . I literally feel back to my normal self . I take it in the morning to kill my morning anxiety and it allows me to live a nomral life during the day. I only take .5mg which is the smallest dose you can get in a full tablet. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.