4 weeks post op and stomach swelling

Posted , 74 users are following.

Hi I am 4 weeks after a abdominal hysterectomy (still got ovaries).  I thought I had been recovering well with no pain and no complications until now.  I have started to experience stabbing(stinging) pains around my incision and my stomach swells by the end of the day.  I am not lifting but walking around a lot.  Could it be that??

Thanks

0 likes, 131 replies

131 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have an appt on Thursday for my 4 week checkup. I had no idea what could have caused it. I hope it comes back as nothing serious for you. The doctor left my ovaries but it seems my hormones are very scattered and crazy. I was told 2 months ago that my left ovary was not working properly . I had a 5 cm cystic mass on the left and a 3 cm cystic mass on the right. My uterus had 1.49 ml of blood with smaller cystic masses and I lost 3 pints of blood within 5 days. After a blood transfusion. a hysteroscopy and a d&c, we chose to go the route of hysterectomy so that I wouldn't have to keep going thru this. He was able to get the cysts off the ovaries so my hope is that this flare up isnt from my crazy left ovary and that maybe it's stress related

• Posted

I have an appt on Thursday for my 4 week checkup. I had no idea what could have caused it. I hope it comes back as nothing serious for you. The doctor left my ovaries but it seems my hormones are very scattered and crazy. I was told 2 months ago that my left ovary was not working properly . I had a 5 cm cystic mass on the left and a 3 cm cystic mass on the right. My uterus had 1.49 ml of blood with smaller cystic masses and I lost 3 pints of blood within 5 days. After a blood transfusion. a hysteroscopy and a d&c, we chose to go the route of hysterectomy so that I wouldn't have to keep going thru this. He was able to get the cysts off the ovaries so my hope is that this flare up isnt from my crazy left ovary and that maybe it's stress related

• Posted

2.5 lb fibroid here and a large cyst in my right ovary, so they removed both.

Good luck at your check up. Check back in afterward. I'll update on my results as well and thanks for the well wishes.

• Posted

Hi, I had ovary and fallopian tubes removed 8 weeks ago and my stomach is still huge, anyone know if this is normal. Consultant didn't seem interested at 6 week check up.

• Posted

Hi! I have my right ovary, tubes, cervix, and uterus removed. My stomach is still very swollen. It looks like I have an innertube above my incision. My doc says it is very normal.

• Posted

Hi. I had my surgery on 9/11. At 4 weeks I could put on my jeans but I had a little belly. I caught a cold at 6 weeks and the sneezing and coughing set me back. I ended up in the ER on Tuesday. The swelling is back to week 3. I'm back on bed rest for another 2 weeks. Ugh!

Congrats on fitting into your jeans! Yay!

• Posted

Hi

I had my total hysterectomy on October 19th so I'm now 4.5 weeks post op.... I was doing OK but yesterday I had my jeans on and I felt my stomach becoming u comfortable and by the end of the day I looked huge...... Today I'm in pain on my left side, hurts to press and very swollen, I feel I'm back to my 2nd week

• Posted

Hi, I had a laparoscopy, I had everything removed, today I'm still swollen and still hurts on my left side but not as bad as yesterday. I am hoping I've just pulled the inside. I was told I could start exercising so I did a few sit ups but nothing too mad x

• Posted

i had everything removed abdominally 3 septembet , my tummy at start of day is now soft but this has only been the last week or so . by late afternoon it starts to swells again especially if i have had a large meal or been upright along time .

my dr said this is quite normal

and will continue for several months .

i still also get nerve pain when i touch my skin but again this is getting better .

i think we all just need to be kind to ourselves and not expect too much , after all we have had major surgery and it takes a while to heal . hope every ones recovery goes well . ( appologies for typos and poor grammar and spelling but not got my glasses and my phone is rubbish lol )

take care all and good luck xx

• Posted

Hi ladies. I'm at week 10 abdominal and still very swollen. I was in the ER on the 12th due to strong pain and swelling. I also had some discharge. There was no infection and no explanation for the sudden change. I had a CT, and external and internal ultrasound. The probing was soooo painful. I'm still very swollen. I saw 3 doctors and nobody had an answer. I still have the nerve pain and the slightest touch hurts my tummy. There are also those random stabbings that make me swear out loud. Ouch!

Seeing my GP tomorrow. Not sure what for, but I have to follow up after the ER.

• Posted

I've been back to GP today, she said everything feels fine and can't explain why still swollen, advised to leave another few weeks, maybe I've just put weight on from not being as active

• Posted

I ended up back at the hospital this afternoon, so I had a lot of adhesions removed after 2 previous c sections. My tummy is soft... Got to wait for a ultrasound but they are sure no infection,... Got to take 2 buscapan a day until the swelling goes, hope this helps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.