66 Peri menopause / Menopause Symptoms you may experience which may help some ladies

Posted , 683 users are following.

SIXTY-SIX PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS: Part one 1 - 49

These are very real physical changes and conditions. Some symptoms alarm a woman that she may be suffering from a serious disease. Perhaps you know the more common ones related to menopausal symptoms in this list. But many of these may surprise you, as they have not been typically associated with this normal physiological transformation. 

1. Change in Menstrual Cycle, Cycles may get closer together or farther apart, lighter and shorter in duration or much heavier, lasting longer than one has been accustomed to. Menses may seem to take forever to begin with dark spotting for days until you actually flow, or you might feel like you have your menses every two weeks.

2. Menstrual Flooding can come on with sudden onset and feel like you may hemorrhage to death. Or it can be a gradual build up just when you think your menses will end and you start gushing for days. Flooding commonly accompanies the woman with uterine fibroids as she transits into menopause.

3. Headaches, Migraines, especially before, during or at the end of your menses debilitate and radically interferes with normal functioning.

4. Decreased Motor Coordination, Clumsiness, almost begins to make the woman who experiences this feel like she is certainly less than graceful during perhaps an already awkward period in her life. 

5. Lethargy, a persistent feeling sluggishness physically and mentally, that seems to negate ones ability to do much. 

6. Physical Exhaustion , and Crushing Crashing Fatigue that can come on so suddenly and grip you into feeling like you will collapse unless you stop this instant.

7. Exacerbation of any Chronic Illness or Existing Condition transpires as hormones decline or deviate from their normal balance.

8. Insomnia, this includes a new or unusual pattern of either difficulty falling asleep, or dropping off to sleep for a few hours and then awakening with the inability to return to sleep.

9. Sleep Disturbances sometimes are from nightmares, night sweats, or just a vague sense of restlessness keeping you up or disrupting your precious revitalizing retreat from this realm of responsibilities.

10. Night Sweats often begin between a woman?s breasts, initially a night or two before her menses, waking her from sleep, later more profoundly disturbing with up to total body saturation, followed by damp or sweat drenched chills.

11. Interference With Dream Recall interrupts the sense of normal sleep, if you are someone accustomed to vivid or at least some detailed memory of your dreamtime. 

12. Muscle Cramps can occur anywhere in the body from legs to back to neck, and sometimes reflects the need for more calcium, or simply that your progesterone levels are too low. 

13. Low Backache often worsens before or during menses, but if your hormones remain at low levels, you can experience it on a regular basis.

14. Gall Bladder Symptoms of pain, spasms and discomfort felt in the right upper abdominal quadrant under the ribs, which may be accompanied by belching, bloating, and intolerance to certain foods reflect the increased liver load with declining hormones. 

15. Frequent Urination, or sensations that mimic urinary infections is a disturbing symptom often unrelieved by actual urination. It is often experienced as the sensation of needing to urinate all the time, even immediately afterwards.

16. Urinary Incontinence, the uncontrollable and spontaneous loss of urine, or the Urge for Incontinence, can occur suddenly or feel continuous, and not only in response to coughing, sneezing, jumping or running. 

17. Hypoglycemic Reactions happen when suddenly your blood sugar crashes and you must have food now.

18. Food Cravings, often for sweets or salty foods, but can include sour or pungent foods. 

19. Increased Appetite, especially at night and after dinner contributes to that unusual and unwanted weight gain.

20. Dark Circles Under Eyes can also be caused by adrenal exhaustion and thyroid dysfunctions, but no amount of sleep seems to eliminate it. 

21. Joint and Muscle Pain, Achy, Sore Joints, Muscles and Tendons, which sometimes develop into actual carpal tunnel syndrome, or give rise to the questioning of other disease possibilities.

22. Increased Tension in Muscles demonstrates itself in those hunched up shoulders as you work or talk about anything uncomfortable, along with promoting lower back pain and a stiff neck.

23. Increased Hair Loss or Thinning anywhere on body, including your head, armpits, pubic area.

24. Increase in Facial Hair especially under your chin, or along your jaw line. It may be defined by generalized hair growth, or a specific and coarse single strand of hair that pokes out, even curls. 

25. Unusually Hair Growth, around Nipples, between Breasts, down your back, places where your hair was finer, less coarse.

26. Acne, quite disturbing to any woman who dealt with this in adolescence and never thought it would recur. 

27. Infertility causes grief in the woman who postponed pregnancy in her earlier years and now wishes to conceive, carry to term a healthy baby, and discovers she is unable to do so. 

28. Loss of Breast Tissue begins with the decrease of progesterone production. Women often feel as though their breast have become empty sacs devoid of their normal fullness, with or without sagging.

29. Breast Soreness/Tenderness/Pain/ Engorgement and swelling, occurs particularly a few days to one week before bleeding actually begins, which usually potentiates complete relief of any pain or swelling.

30. Painful, or tender nipples have been described as this exquisite localized pain only in the nipples and suggests estrogen excess. 

31. Cold Extremities feels quite strange especially in the presence of a hot flash, the combination of which is not impossible.

32. Being Accident Prone, bumping into things, not even realizing it until the bruise reveals itself later and then lacking the ability to recall the causative incident feels perplexing and a little scary at the prospect of something more damaging. 

33. Hot flashes initially may be described as mild to severe flushes of heat waves, and for some women these evolve into intense outbreaks of sudden heat with sweating and turning bright red all over. 

34. Loss of Sexual Energy, our Libido, can be marked by a gradual or sudden disinterest in sex, to the development of an actual aversion. 

35. Painful Sex often described as if one?s vagina would tear open at the point of penetration along with feelings of abrasion during intercourse.

36. Vaginal Dryness, Irritation, sometimes accompanied by a consistent unusual discharge - typically odor free, negates a woman?s ability to be sexually active, or able to enjoy or be comfortable in her body.

37. Dizziness, feeling lightheaded and the loss of physical balance, and even a bit wobbling at times, requires pause in movement to prevent falling over or deepening into vertigo or feeling faint.

38. Ringing in the Ears, Tinnitus, can be experienced as a pulsing sensation, a whooshing sound, an almost musical or buzzing sound with a fuzzy sensation.

39. Abdominal Bloating comes on suddenly often after eating, or seems to be all the time, and can be visibly evident making you feel that you look like you are pregnant. 

40. Weight Gain disturbs most women, particularly when it seems to happen over a couple of days, settles in the waist, buttocks and thighs, promoting a visceral thickening from the waist down, the classic middle-aged figure.

41. Fluid Retention, Edema, commonly with swelling in the legs and ankles, though not limited to this area and it is unrelieved by urination.

42. Palpitations or Heart Racing usually comes on suddenly, without warning or provocation, and dissipates spontaneously. The experience can be so wild and intense that a woman may become alarmed and wonder if she is having a heart attack. 

43. Irregularities in your Heart Rate may feel more like your heart has just done a flip-flop or skipped a beat.

44. Constipation/Diarrhea, intermittent or alternating, results from declining hormone levels, which increase the demands on liver function and alters intestinal motility.

45. Tendency towards Candidiasis can increase, even if you have no prior known history ? and if you do, it may worsen.

46. Gastrointestinal Distress, Increased Flatulence, Unrelieved Gas pains, Indigestion, Nausea all can reflect intestinal changes due to hormonal imbalances.

47. Slow Digestion often goes along with the bloat ? what previously took four to five hours to digest, now seems to take all night. It seems worse in the evenings.

48. Lack of Appetite may be experienced as more of a lack of interest in food, going to the frig and standing there with the door open and staring blankly. Feeling completely uninspired, you busy yourself with something else and forget that you need to eat.

49. Changes in Body Odor especially disturbing when it seems to focus in the groin area, but can be anywhere on the body.

50. Puffy Eyes, not only from sleep disturbances, but also can accompany low progesterone.

51. Facial Pallor alternating with Facial Flushes is often intermittent with hot flashes.

52. Flare up of Arthritis worsens with low progesterone levels and increase sugar intake.

53. Loss of Bone Density, Osteoporosis, is not only an elderly woman?s disease, though it seems to develop over an extended period and is triggered by the decline of hormone production.

54. Dry Hair, Change in Skin Tone, Integrity, and Texture, becomes more wrinkled, and may begin the thinning process.

55. Changes in your Fingernails characterized by easy breakage, bending, cracking and getting softer.

56. Itchy, Crawly Skin with a strange sensation like insects crawling around under the skin ? quite different than the dry skin feeling.

57. Muscle tone seems to slack and sag, and loose its previous response to normal exercise.

58. Pelvic Pain can be random and independent of cycles and may feel continuous for some women.

59. Dry, Itchy Eyes felt in the deep posterior aspect of the eye socket, as well as superficially.

60. Teeth Aching or the experience of a strange sensation in one?s teeth or gums, often accompanied by an increase in bleeding gums.

61. Change in the normal Tongue sensation, which can be accompanied by a feeling of burning in your tongue and roof of mouth, malodorous breath or change in breath odor, and/or a bad taste in your mouth.

62. Memory Loss or Lapses in time, makes one feel disoriented and less focused, especially when you go into another room to get something specific and seconds later cannot remember what you went to retrieve.

63. Feeling Faint for no known reason (this does not include standing up too quickly)

64. Tingling in Extremities not only feels weird and like your hands or feet are falling asleep, but if persistent can be a symptom of diabetes, B12, potassium or calcium deficiency, or a compromise in blood vessel flexibility.

65. Sensation of Electrical Stimulation,or Shock occurring in the tissue under the skin, and may signal you that a hot flash will begin.

66. Increase and worsening of Allergies occurs as hormones become imbalanced, so can our immune system.

153 likes, 3046 replies

3046 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

jayneejay,

Perfect timing. For about 5 days now I've had a new symptom, my leg muscles and knees ache so bad that I feel like I've been doing squats. I started doing an indoor walking program last week because I'm putting weight on like crazy and my legs hurt so much for no real reason other than perimenopause. My breasts are really sore too and my period is not due Does anyone else get leg pain and knee pain? Have a good day!

• Edited

Hi Nancy

i have had leg and knee stiffness and hip in the past... also neck and arms   it has passed now..

with the aid of all my naturals I seem to have the right balance now, I have just increased my Maca been on that for 10 years, and it helped so much in early peri, but now i think i need to increase as been on just two 500mg tablets for 10 years, so taking three a day now.. B6 is a saviour Nancy, 150mg daily ... made my life soooo much better in just a week after taking.. B12 is good too Jarrows 5000mcg ... cherry flavour .. although I do have injection now every two weeks.. 

sore boobs i did have even lumpy, but now they are settled, ( almost one year no periods ) age 50 i am..

i just share info as its a long journey and i had 10 years of if the natural way, so i try and share if it helps one lady on here then its worth it..

Jay xx

• Edited

hi Nancy I have had left  knee pain for 3 years now and have been to  several doctors had 3 mri done and nothing has helped. i put bio freeze on it every morning and a knee brace and just try to get though the day!! no one has an answer for me for i just try to deal with it but it is hard day in and day out with constant pain. If you should come across something thats help could you please let me know thanks!
    • Edited

I've been recently experiencing leg pain, I just turned 45 and reading the list I've had many systoms of premanpause!! 
    • Edited

I started getting the leg cramps last night afer my blood pressure when up out of no where.  I dont have high blood pressure, but for some reason it went up and then my calves and fingers became tingly and pain

• Posted

Me Nancy knees hurt standing or on bed o hope it goes away for us soon
    • Posted

I cannot describe the leg pains I have! Awful. It sometimes feels like they will explode with pressure. It feels like my weins are full of inflammation or something like that. I usually have pain around my ovaries and leggs at the same time. So waist down I feel almost paralysed. Sooo soo painful and heavy. sad Does anyone any tips on how to treat that kind of pain.
    • Edited

My leg pain started 2 years ago.  After much reading I started using magnesium oil spray twice a day.  I am now spraying just once a day in the evening and my leg pain is gone most of the time.  So glad I found this forum as I am gradually experiencing more syptoms.  The most recent is swelling in my hands.
    • Posted

Hello Jay,

​You mentioned here you are drinking MACA. May I asked which one please? I went on Amazon and I notice they do have a few in different form. Would appreciate you help.

Much appreciate 

Sharon

• Edited

I'm new to this site but can totally relate to some of these symptoms!

I have been dealing with peri for about 6 yrs now, my hormones started acting up since I turned 40 and I'm not 46.  It's a relief to know I'm not alone in this since sometimes I feel like no one understands how life changing hormones imbalances are.  I get really bad anxiety moments and wake up with heart palpitations and I immediately think it's a heart attack!  It's good to know I'm not going crazy but just dealing with some big changes in my body that most doctors do not warn you about!  I have been trying to supplements but it takes a while to build up sad

• Edited

Hi,   Just wanted to write since you are the newest post here.  I have a lot of the symptoms on this list too.  I'm 52   I am three months now with no,period so im thinking this is the beginning of the 12 months . Hopefully anyway.  My obgyn kind of blows me off when I,discuss the symptoms , saying that oh it's no big deal just downplaying it really and doesn't listen.. I don't know if it's in my head or not because of how she doesn't think it's no,big deal. 

• Edited

Hi I’m new to this site and am 43 and this year I feel like I am going crazy, never knew how difficult this change can be I feel like I have had almost every symptom since turning 40. The worst for me has been the anxiety attacks that happen out of no where I’ve never had anxiety issues prior and the dizziness has been difficult as well. As advice to get through this a bit easier would be great. 
    • Edited

I can completely relate. I am 46 and have basically ever sent them on the list too. It does make you feel like you're going crazy. Are you experiencing an increased heart rate with your anxiety? Because that's the worst one for me

• Edited

Was about your age when mine started, and I’m 51 now. I promise you it really does get better! I wish I had found this site and talked to more people earlier!   Like you, the anxiety is the worst! I feel like I’ve heard of people having heart attacks and not feeling as anxious as I have felt about what turned out to be absolutely nothing!! Meditation has helped immensely!! Also exercise, cutting out sugar and caffeine and eating as few simple carbs as possible .   Magnesium helps as well. In the past six months there have only been two times where I started feeling my anxiety attack come on, and the heart racing. I immediately started doing the deep breathing, and within 30 seconds I could feel everything start to calm down! Being able to do that is absolutely a result of doing the meditation! Just keep telling yourself that you Are OK and that everything is fine and that for right now this is your normal. Then make sure the exercise, even if it’s just an hour of walking every day and incorporate some meditation every day! I can’t tell you what a difference that will make!!
    • Edited

I agree with all you say Serene. Good tips ladies. We have to help ourselves.
    • Edited

Do you ever get the weird adrenaline surge (only way I can think to describe it)?? I can be sitting at my desk working and I start feeling jittery, anxious and then my heart starts beating fast and i start panicking. It only happens every once a while but it is scary sad
    • Edited

Hi Kim yes this happens to me I've been there done it and it's normal don't be scared I've been through so much from the crawling skin burning tongue fingers aching shoulders hurting flopping tummy dry eyes dry nose sleepless nights racing heart at night etc etc it's horrible what we go through but it does get better as time passes hang in there Kim there is a light at the end of the tunnel feel free to message me I can do my best to help ease your mind through this horrible thing we call menopause

• Edited

yes , more often then I like one time mine lasted for like 3 months almost daily and still; get it off and on now!
    • Edited

Hi Monique! You mentioned shoulder pain. How long did that last for you? I've been having pretty bad shoulder pain (under my shoulder blade and it radiates around to nah chest and sometimes down my arm) for several months now. Some days are worse than others. I've had my heart checked and all came back fine. I was just wondering if shoulder pain is common in peri and how long did it last for you? 

• Edited

Klm this is happening to me today. It's typical anxiety and if i don't get up and do something to take my mind off of it I'll go in to full blown panic attack. I seem to get these mostly a few days before my menstraul cycle. Do you notice if yours are worse during certain times of the month? I'm so sorry you're feelings these too. They can be very scary. I've learned to breathe through them for the most part 

• Edited

thank you so much for responding :-) all of you lovely ladies on this site are a godsend! Asking questions on here and getting replies from y'all calms me down so much because it makes me think I am not the only one going through this and I will come out on the other side.

• Edited

Thank you so much for responding! So we are both feeling the creepies today, huh?? Lol. Yes, they do seem to be worse around my time of the month and it just so happens I'm feeling this way today and I started my cycle today. I tried to do breathing too And distract myself from them as much as I possibly can. Hope you get to feeling better :-) That's new

• Edited

I’ve been having this too. Off and on For a long long time. Mostly on for the last six months. It’s very scary. Mine radiates down my left arm and makes the bones and fingers in that arm ache strangely. Numbness too. Has everything to do with nerves. Anxiety is horrible, produced physical pain which ramps up anxiety. What a cycle. Keep posting. You give me hope. 
    • Edited

Yes! I felt the creepies so bad last night i ended up on the ER thinking it was a heart attack. 2nd time on 3 months. Thankfully it's not my heart but try convincing these mean anxieties that it's not lol. I feel the creepies today but I'm just going on about my day cleaning and trying not to think about it. I ended up scrubbing my bathroom which will aggravate my already aching shoulder and then I'll be panicking later thinking it's something more sinister lol. Oh the struggle! I'm supposed to start my cycle in 3 days. My anxiousness usually starts about 7-8 days before my period and lasts a couple days in to my period. But thankfully the rest of the month I'm pretty decent as far as the anxiety. Thank you! I truly hope you start feeling better too! 

• Edited

Screampuff! Yes!! That's exactly how mine feels. Crazy! The numbness in the arm along with the aching really scares me. It put me in the ER last night thinking it was my heart. Thankfully it wasn't. So hopefully that gives you peace of mind next time yours acts up. It's just these crazy hormones! Thanks so much for responding. You're post makes me feel better. 

• Edited

And you're right....it aches, which causes us to clench our jaws and neck and shoulders which in return makes us feel worse and causes more anxiety. Like you said...a viscous mean cycle 

• Edited

Oh no!! I am glad it was "just" the peri causing it. I know how you feel though, it is so scary and just comes out of nowhere. I went to get a massage today and was starting to freak out wondering what I would do if I had an episode on the massage table....damn these hormones, can't even enjoy a massage anymore lol

• Edited

Oh no! You're right, that's crazy that massages are supposed to relax you and it's next to impossible to relax. It does make it really hard to enjoy anything anymore bc it's always in the back of our head. Ugh!! Breathe, breathe, breathe. That's all we can do. And take it one day at a time. 

• Edited

I am having a pretty bad day/night..can’t  stop crying, worrying about anything and everything...having that inner shaky feeling, heart palpitations..just not a good day. I’m having a lot of stress factors in my life now, finishing graduate school but having issues with credits, transfers etc..my parents are separating after 49 years of marriage..the holidays...it’s just a lot right now..I appreciate any and all of you ladies and your responses because it can make you feel so crazy and alone..all this hormonal stuff and everything else is just a lot to deal with. Thanks for listening!💕

• Edited

You do have so much on your plate. I can’t imagine. I am out here reading your words sending you my support. Take deep breaths. You can only do what you can do. I have been crying too tonight worrying about my 16 year old block headed son and all the trouble he gets himself into. Our worries at times seem too much to bear. We have to get thru this for ourselves and for them. It will get better. You gotta hang in there. I’m not giving up. So many women have already been through all of this. You can do it too. 
    • Edited

Hang in there Amy ❤ I know things seem hard right now but they will and do get better :-)
    • Edited

Oh thanks so much for your kind words..i understand about the teenage boys...i have a 22 year old son and 19 year old daughter and those teen years are SO incredibly tough..and the worry is constant..really takes a toll on mental health, having our adrenaline up so to speak ..(i have a sweet 7 year old boy who I am so incredibly thankful for, he is a true light and sweetheart and doesn’t mind my hugs..yet) We will get through it..thankful i found this group of sweet ladies too..I am trying only to look at this forum online and not to Google symptoms..all bad!!! Like I’m having some weird tailbone pressure and i of course think it’s colon cancer but realistically i hurt it very badly 10 or so years ago and it’s probably just acting up..like everything else right?? Thanks again for the well wishes! Keep in touch!😘

• Posted

Thanks so much..definitely needed positive vibes!! It will get better, it always does! 😘

• Edited

Serene,

I am doing magnesium every night that helps me sleep much better, as for the anxiety I am working on breathing techniques I notice when I take a deep breathe it helps to calm me down, I do need to do more physical activity I literally work and come home and lay on the couch I feel like everyday is a struggle. Yes we will get through this and I can’t wait until that day happens.

• Edited

Kim,

Yes the increased heart rate is so scary I always feel like this is it I’m having a heart attack. I just never know day to day how I will be feeling I use to be the type of person always out and about these days I spend most of my time on the couch when I’m not at work which I hate I want the old me back. 

• Edited

Hi Amy, I think the tailbone pressure could just be part of the peri , i have the same thing and i had a colonoscophy done this With me i lost alot of weight so it could it be not enough fat on bones (thats what dr. google says)🤔

• Edited

Mary, thanks so much for the reassuring reply...honestly, I had such an emotional day, that your response brought me to tears...taking time to relate something that you have gone through to help me feel better was really wonderful. Every little stupid ache, twinge or pain makes me feel like I have cancer or something...it’s all you hear about and it’s so scary to me. I just keep telling myself I’m okay and I have a lot to live for. Having this group is so incredibly helpful and I thank you again for taking time to reassure me. One week it’s stomach isssues, the next it’s headaches and exhaustion, then body/muscle aches...and mix in anxiety pretty much all the time...how do women even function??! Thanks again and have a great day.😘

• Edited

I have had most of these symptoms for quite a few years, but last year was the worst. I think that I've seen every kind of specialist there is. All tests were negative. I had a lot of family issues going on at the same time. My husband was in the hospital, my daughter and her husband separated and my mother passed away. That was last year. I'm currently a sweaty, depressed, tired, achy and angry person. Most days I feel like I'm going bonkers. I'm 56 years old. When will this end. I want my life back!

• Edited

Hi Lamone. I'm 58. That's what hit me the most, my inability to cope with life's situations. Nothing as major as yours, even my daughters wedding was a trauma for me. I just want to hide away all the time. Look after yourself, you've had a hard year. Take care

• Posted

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom...and all the things you have had going on. It can be so very difficult to deal with, especially when you add in this terrible hormonal nonsense. I can’t believe that women have to go through this with such little knowledge and help. It’s really awful. I wish i had something wonderful to tell you that would help, but please know we are here to listen. Reach out any time, I’m sending hugs your way. 
    • Edited

I am the same as you!  This started for at 40.  It’s been the most terrifying year of my life!  I’m sorry you and any other women experience this, it’s awful.  I hope you have found some relief.  I just spent the last 7 hours awake at 4am from insane rapid heart beat , high body temp and having to urinate every 10 minutes.  It’s scary .   Everytime I fell back asleep it happened .  Now I feel like I have stomach flu.  I was so depressed and scared and felt alone til I found this.  
    • Edited

Hi.

My perimenopausal symptoms started at 41.

I get the racing heart too, it feels like it is going to beat out of my chest. Sometimes it feels like it skips a beat or dies a slow thud.

I also get the frequent urination. Especially at night. I am up every 5 to 10 minutes to go. Sometimes it feels like I need to go and there is nothing when I try.

Yesterday I went through a crying and anger jag.

Today. So far, just mild anxiety.

Well, I hope you have a nice holiday.

Hang in there everyone.

Tracy

• Edited

Hello,

These anxiety and panic attacks are the worse I feel so shaky inside it’s so frustrating. It’s been almost a year now I’ve been going through this and just want to cry from not feeling like me anymore I just want myself back. The heart palms make me so stressed out thinking I’m about to die I am so thankful for this page it helps me stay calm and not panic so much. 

• Edited

Does anyone get a feeling of being scared and what feels like butterflies across your chest and in breasts? I'm 52 and my breasts are engorged like I was when I was pregnant...is this all part of the 66 symptoms? No racing heart or anxiety associated with this constant feeling...I am terrified! Anyone have insight to share? Thank you!

• Edited

I understand about not feeling like yourself.

I too get that feeling. It is so stressful and uncomfortable and just miserable.

I will feel normal for a while and then BAM! I am a mess for days!

I overdid physically yesterday and didn't get a good night's sleep, you would think that I would seeing as I worked physically. Then woke up today with anxiety and tight feeling in my chest and roiling bowels. And just don't feel like myself.

I really wish this perimenopause/menopause would end.

So, today I am going to take it easy as much as I can.

I'm also due to start me period any day. I wish that would just end too!

Take care,

Tracy

• Edited

Hello.

Yes, I get the scared feeling and a fluttering in my chest.

Sometimes I get the engorged breast as if I am going through puberty again. It feels the same as when I went through puberty. Swollen breasts and nipples, very sore, nipples sensitive. It is different from premenstrual breast soreness.

I have never been pregnant but I liken it to pubery

Take care

Tracy

• Edited

Yes I will feel good for a couple days and then it happens I’m a mess again I hate being asked the question Bynum my family how are you feeling today because usually I don’t feel well and wish I could say I feel fantastic. Just is so frustrating and the doctors look at you like your crazy so I’ve been trying to figure this out on my own which is making me even more crazy. 

I can’t wait until this is past us 

• Edited

I agree to everything in your reply.

Even my acupuncturist and homoeopathic doctors don't understand all my symptoms. They think menopause is hot flashes.

My homeopathic doctor is a man so that he doesn't get it is not really a big surprise.

I can't wait for this to be over.

Tracy

• Posted

I've started getting leg pains as well in my right leg - all the way down.

?Freaked out as I have some thread veins on my right outer thigh - does anyone know if these are dangerous?  Don't think they're varicose as they are tiny.  Should I get my GP to look at them?

Currently have a cold/flu virus so experiencing muscle aches anyway, but these pains started 3 days ago.

• Edited

Good Morning 

I to suffer with BMS and my gums also are painful both upper and lower.  I do however grind my teeth with I'm sure could be part of my problem with my gums and jaw.  The reason I do that is because of my BMS and my tonque sticks to the roof of my mouth.  I have had this problem for about 3-4 years now, hard to nail it down exatly because it just creeps up on you.  I have not found anything to help me, when I can't stand it anymore I take a sleeping pill and just go to bed and sleep it off.  At least we are not alone in this and we are not crazy. How long did your bms last?

• Edited

Hi Monique my name is Tina, My menopause symptoms are traumatic I just feel like I can’t take it anymore especially when you said about the burning tongue. I have that and it drives me crazy. I have gotten some of these symptoms which last d for 6 months straight . Then they disappear and other symptoms start up. I feel like it’s a vicious cycle. 
    • Edited

Tracy, i just saw your reply!  I was having a bad morning and I Came back on here since it helps me feel better.  Thank you for responding!!  Sorry for the delay.   I haven’t slept all night , I’ve got the intense body heat and vertigo.   The heart skipping has been too much for me for a week .  It freaks me out.  I have noticed a raise in issues before I ovulate and get my period , but since my cycle has shortened , I feel like that’s all of the time.  I totally understand the crying and anger.  I get that too, I’ll start crying out fo nowhere multiple times a day , or I’ve found that I have zero patience.  I’m irriatted with everyone and everything. Sometimes I can connect it with adrenaline rushes but sometimes I’m just so angry out of nowhere.  I definitely have the majority of these symptoms.  I started getting the teeth aching and weird issues with my breasts and nipples this last cycle.  I wish more women talked about these things and this time if life.  I had no idea it would be so freaking scary .   I thought maybe a couple hot flashes and no periods, but this is a whole different ballgame.  A sometimes very terrifying one at that.   The worst , well besides the scary symptoms and frequent ER visits , is that may if my drs, dismiss everything.   It’s been going on two years if hell and I keep getting, “ oh no it’s not perimenopause you’re too young”.  It’s so frustrating.  I even bought some cream online one for progesterone and one for estrogen , but I’m afriad to use them, since I’m not sure what hormone is dong what and i DO NOT wnat to make the symptoms worse.   This site has helped me so much.  I hope you are doing better.  The anxiety sucks but the 5 second breathing in and holding and exhaniinhfir 7 exercise  has helped me  a lot, with the anxiety.   Like most of these symptoms , when you feel like crying or get angry , breathe and it will pass .  
    • Edited

Hi Mary, I'm new here, I just read your post. I'm having the tailbone pressure/soreness for about 3 weeks now. I haven't got it checked yet. Wondering how long do you have it? Are you still having it now or have you got treatment for it and healed already? Have you found out if it's really due to peri? I also lost some weight recently. Does the weight loss affect the tailbone?

• Edited

Hi Mandara, I just read your post. You mentioned "having weird issues with your breasts and nipples..." Wondered what were the issues? Tenderness, soreness, pain, itchy, or dryness etc.? I'm having some strange issues too. Were yours gone already?

• Posted

Agree! My doctors think I'm crazy too when I told them all these weird symptoms! Is there any doctor who specializes in Women's Menopause?

• Edited

Hello... my name is Lisa and I am 52 as well??  I also have had  most of those symptoms. So annoying how some of these doctors can blow you off.  I have found using chelated magnesium before bed time helps sleep and achey muscles.  I do take a supplement my pharmacist makes called. menopause support, consisting of isoflavones, black cohosh,  Red clover blossom extract, Chasteberry, Dong Quai, licorice along with D, Eand B vitamins, calcium and magnesium.  My gyne nurse practitioner wanted to put me on Zoloft recently, which is the same thing to me as blowing me off. As my pharmacist  said, I’m not short of Zoloft, I’m short of hormones,  why would I go on Zoloft when I’m short of hormones?  I should go on a hormone compound  tailored to adjust my hormones,  after testing them, she didn’t want to do that.  There is the bio identical P.E.T., which is inserted in the butt UGG, it’s progesterone, estrogen, testosterone. I had to hear about that other real housewives of Beverly Hills, 2 gynecologist I went to,  didn’t know what I was talking about, that’s pathetic.  there is excellent information out there by Dr Christianne Northrup,  she’s amazing.  I really think perimenopause and menopause is a wake up call to us, to get healthy, be healthy, I just life styles etc.  I know cutting out alcohol, caffeine,  fried food, all helps the body and mind.  I am realizing now these food cravings, that I didn’t used to have, like potato chips,  and I didn’t use to buy,  are coming on like crazy. I thought women put weight on during menopause because that was just part of it, it’s the eating habits and the cravings, caused by the hormones, that causes it.  I also find using Epson salt to soak feet in cold water, not warm water, helps greatly.  Also wearing cotton as opposed to synthetic materials produces hot flashing, synthetic material actually causes hot flashes.  You will definitely never hear that from a doctor,  not even a woman doctor.  I wanted you to know that you are not along with your doctor blowing you off, especially for being a woman, she should be ashamed of yourself.  Blessings to everyone on this form.... this too shall pass... but not quick enough 😉

• Edited

When I get the SVT’s, the scary heart palpitations, if you cough really hard, it stops them. Or if you bear down like you’re going to have a bowel movement it stops him. There’s an actual medical term for it, but I forgot the name.  Usually those SVTs are a big thudd,  like your hearts going to stop, followed by rapid beats and yes it is terrifying.  I was also told if you hold your breath it stops it.  But the coughing worked like a charm for me.  I can’t believe the perimenopause and menopause has been going on since the beginning of time, and when you go to the doctor half the time they act like we are all nuts. This should be as protocol as a broken arm by now w/ Dr.’s.  Why does somebody with a high school diploma know more than a doctor that has had eight years of college education?  Yes something isn’t right here.  Good luck to everyone, as this will pass. 
    • Edited

I agree!! Half the population on earth deals with perimenopause and yet we are often told it’s anxiety, stress, all in our heads. It’s really ridiculous that there isn’t something that can be done for women. So glad I found this site..reach out if needed and stick together! 
    • Edited

So many women are going through perimenopause and menopause at 42, you are not crazy. There is an actual term for it I think it’s just called early perimenopause but I can’t remember, because menopause is eating all my brain cells LOL. I would never go to a male gynecologist, it’s like going to  The meat section when you need vegetables.  I recently requested female only when I was at a practice that had several male doctors, no thank you, a man  doesn’t have a vagina so why go to a male dr.  dr Christianne Northrup has excellent books  out there on women’s health and menopause.   Lifestyle changes make a great a difference, exercise, healthy diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, no sugar. Caffeine, alcohol and sugar exasperate this condition and especially the hot flashes. A great probiotic would be suggested as 70% of our serotonin is made in our stomachs and our overall gut health affects our entire system and our health originates from our guts. I have the teeth aching as well, it’s insane, went to my dentist and he saw nothing, I thought how can I be in this pain and nothings there,  he had about as much personality and bedside manner is a canna beans.   My pharmacist who is excellent in the holistic field  also told me it doesn’t matter if our periods have stopped, our ovaries are still wanting to make eggs and our body is fighting against that along with the hormones so it ends up being torture for us. See if you can get with a good holistic Dr/ naturalpath, also see if you can find an excellent Massage Therapist , they seem to be the best. Also I use 100% peppermint essential oil, the good stuff, Doterra,  I put it in one of those spray bottles with the fan, several drops mixed with water, shake it well and spray, especially on your core under arms, under breasts, it’s wonderful.  Make sure you’re not using a feather pillow because honestly a feather pillow almost acts  like a heating pad  with the heat of your body,  get a cool type of pillow it helps greatly. Also I keep a small cooler by the side of my bed with small ice packs that are like a gel and when I start to have one of the night flashes, I put it between my breasts and it eliminates the hot flash  along with deep breathing. Also I commented on Amy’s reply that if you cough hard it stops the  heart palpitations, medically known as SVTs. Mine started as a big thudd followed by rapid heartbeats, the moment I cough hard, it stops it in its tracks.  It is called the Valsalva movement, I learned that from my nurse practitioner at the GYN office. Also if you bear down like you’re going to have a bowel movement it stops it as well. She told me her daughter will move in a certain way & it will trigger the SVTs, that was happening with me when I would get up out of bed, crazy!  I think it’s when I’m supposed to be ovulating my left breast bothers me and literally feels like a baseballs in it, there’s no lump it’s just a crazy slightly painful feeling. Also if you get with a pharmacist that does their own vitamins or compounding, they can give you what’s called a menopause supplement, it’s basically isoflavones, Chasteberry root extract, black Cohosh, B vitamins, licorice, etc.  It seems this way across the board with all doctors, we literally have to advocate for ourselves. I learned this with my mother in her elder years, if we do a lot of research on our own it really helps.  Also do not use that cream as it is dangerous without a doctor or pharmacist first testing your saliva or blood test to check your hormones. Your hormones can be checked through a saliva test. But do not use those hormones without having some type of supervision by doctor or pharmacist and you have to know where your hormones are at before you use those. Keep a diary of how and when you’re feeling the way you are and also a food diary. When we are ovulating you’re finding more troubles because it’s basically our body fighting to do what it is supposed to do naturally  and not doing it because we are in perimenopause/menopause. The anger and the crying is of course from the fluctuation of hormones however it is also is from unresolved issues in life  or not committing to our actual life‘s path, I have found. This is where the years of wisdom come in with women, they literally do, if we do the work, we need to clean our lives up, literally. Also document on a calendar or in a diary when you feel this anger and rage, I do say rage because that is what I feel and mine hits between 3 and 3:30 in the afternoon and I have found that it does that  to the T every day. Eliminating caffeine  is crucial when having these SVTs, caffeine exasperates that condition.  Try chelated  magnesium before sleeping, it helps me a great deal with sleep and with pain, restless leg syndrome etc.  I also love listening to what is called new age or Zen music, some examples John Serrie( And the Stars Go With You, CD,) R Carlos Nakai, Paul Averginos, Ann Sweeten( A Place in the Sun, it’s an exquisite song) Steve Halpern, Harold Budd(Little Heart),  David Walhler(A Star Danced or Bhakti Heart, 2 of my favs.)  Look up Hemi Sync,  it’s a whole science behind  how music can heal us and relax us.  we will survive this, but we just have to do our own homework, modify diet and exercise, yoga is great, breeze breathe, this will pass.  Peace to everyone 💓

• Edited

Lisa

In Love you, I'm literally reading your message with a hot water bottle on the left side of My breast because I'm in pain, can't move my left arm above my head, left breast hurts and my legs feel soar,

I'm 49 and find myself wondering what's next, I'm ready for a new chapter in my life but how and When?

Thanks for all these tips because my doctor thinks I'm going crazy and he of course has no idea what's going on with my body.

I'm going to start spending time with me and need a good holistic doctor to put this girl back on track for the next 50 years. Thank u again, u have no idea how enlighten your message registered with me?😚

• Edited

Lisa,

Here it comes again the high anxiety and fear of dying. Now I'm recognizing how angry I get at times, and I'm not an angry person. I keep asking myself why do I react with anger lately. Thanks for sharing. Now I understand better about the hormone rush triggering all kinds of feelings. I'm so frustrated that there isn't better medical understanding of what we are going through. Thanks again.

• Edited

Thank you so much, you are so kind. You are not crazy I can’t say this enough and if you can please get a female doctor. However the female there’s practitioner I went to wanted to put me on Zoloft, there is nothing wrong with antidepressants but like my pharmacist said I’m not short of Zoloft, my body is a short of Zoloft, my body is sort of hormones. I was just watching sex and the city two, the movie and Kim could Trail in the movie is in menopause and she said in the movie that she read Suzanne Somers book and she tricked her body into thinking it was younger and stopped all the symptoms.   i’m going to go get her book.  Does the pain from your left breast go into your shoulder blade, because the times I can’t lift my left arm either, when you said that I about fell over, it’s the same with me. Aren’t these symptoms just crazy, literally like someone said I can’t remember if it was you, every day you’re like what is it going to be, it’s a new symptom. I didn’t realize I was in perimenopause for I think almost 10 years, I didn’t know that till now, I thought it was my fibromyalgia and my mother having a stroke  and caretaking her and here it was perimenopause. I remember telling my doctor at the time that I felt like I was dying and he wanted to put me on an anti-depressant as well, at that time I would’ve been 42, it didn’t cross his mind to test my hormones. It really is so disheartening the ignorant doctors are out there.  I don’t know if you’re able to do this, but if you can relax as much as possible, listen to that music, deep breathe. I also use a sensual oils and I absolutely love them. Aromatherapy is wonderful along with the music. There are essential oil diffuser is that you can get out there, they even sell them at Walmart. But I would try to stay with a better quality essential oil‘s, like Doterra.  not to be like TMI but I am also having horrible horrible issues with the itching downtown, that also has to do with the lower estrogen and did you know you also have increased or may have yeast infections at this time due to lower estrogen.  there’s something called vaginal atrophy, a lot of crazy stuff goes on down there, and I thought it was hot flashes and night sweats only .  thank you for the positive words, we will get through this,  or as Gloria Gaynor sang, I will survive 🎶😉

• Edited

Try not to let the anxiety scare you, do deep breathing and tell yourself this is just my hormones fluctuating. I made a very important observation the other day. I had terrible debilitating balls of anxiety and eighth grade my freshman year, guess what time of life that is, you’re entering puberty, hormones going crazy at that time as well. So on the positive side in a way where 13 or 14 again… LOL  but I know that anxiety can really be something, also I read somewhere where a woman said that she would wake up with a feeling of dread auto draft in the pit of her stomach, can’t remember if it was on this site. I thought how on earth could you possibly have such a what would seem to be rare symptom as somebody else, because it’s not rare, appears to be an epidemic during menopause. The anger is for real, think of it this way you know how men that take steroids allegedly have anger and it’s called Roid rage,  well my opinion that’s what’s happening to us, only it’s not by choice, our hormones are all over the place.  You know how you always see in movies or when we were teenagers they would blame it on hormonal girls, that’s for reason or hormonal teenagers, we’re going to the same thing only it’s on the opposite spectrum. I suggest to everyone on this forum “take care of you“, because we are the only ones that can do it 😇

• Edited

Have you tried agnus castus (chasteberry). I’m on that, plus high dose evening primrose and I definitely think it helps with the moods/rages/tears if you take it religiously. Takes a while to get going though. Also take high dose b vits and magnesium. Although as I type I have the weird tight skin feeling on my right hand and have had several dizzy spells today so ya know! Swings and roundabouts! As others have said, off goes one thing and something else comes to take it’s place. No idea what’s going on with periods as I have mirena now. Missed this one but have started bleeding after sex. Off to the doctors for me again then...
    • Edited

Hey Gilly,

I forgot to mention, castor oil packets, for pain. I got this from Dr Christianne Northrup‘s book, it truly helps. Have you ever tried one of these, you have to use a high-grade castor oil. I learned that from my massage therapist, very important, the cheap grade is really bad for you. I’m not sure if it’s cold pressed that you get. Google how to make one, it’s very easy but I don’t want to take up a bunch of space with that.  you will also notice that I think the breast pain accompanies when you’re supposed to be ovulating, even though we don’t have a period, I forgot if you’re having a period or not, if you’re not having a period, even though you don’t have a. Your body still has the same symptoms, because it still wants to have one and it still wants to ovulate. For example my period was coming on May 29 for the last three years, so I would be ovulating at May 14, May 14 is when I have a horrible episode where I thought I was going to have to call for an ambulance at a local park because I was having the SVTs, and I was  so distracted by those, rightfully so, that I forgot about the breast pain coming at the same time and I also have that where I can’t lift my arm when I have that.  BTW my pharmacist who is amazing and who is into holistic remedies asked me right away are you having breast pain. If you have a good pharmacist who is open to holistic stuff he will tell you more than you’re going to colleges, that’s a fact.  Do you like tea, if you can pin down when you are going to have an anxiety attack every day, I know that’s hard but with fluctuating hormones may be easier to determine. Try to have a cup of chamomile tea 15 minutes to a half hour before, or valerian root, Valerian Root is a supplement that is very calming. Estrogen is a natural pain fighter, that’s why we have so much pain, because it’s dropping. I had so bad two weeks ago I literally thought  I was going to have to go to the ER, and I am not the type person that ever go to the ER. There was a flu going around so I think I had that along with the drop in estrogen and it really kicked my you know what.  I have a calendar that I’ll put a smiley face or a frown depending on if it was a good day or bad day if we document all the stuff and take it to a good gynecologist and hopefully female, I think they can help us figure this out, if not our own.  I am very passionate about helping people and holistic cures, as if you couldn’t tell ;-)  I really appreciate all you women/sisters on these forums💓

• Edited

Castor Oil was given to me when I was younger by mom, insisting i take it once a month, seems I come full circle in life😉, I like tea so I will try chamomile tea today, it funny but I ovulated yesterday, i had my period the week prior.

Do you drink the castor oil or use it to rub?

• Edited

You have to make a castor oil pack, not drink, google it,  it’s too long for me to type out, but it’s easy😇

• Edited

Lol, I searched Utube and found how to make it, going to try it out tonight 🤗

• Edited

I am trying all natural also. Haven't had any success finding a regime yet. But yes I have nearly all these symptoms and at times think I just can't do it anymore. It all started when I was 40 (46 now) but the last two years have been absolute hell. Especially the moods and upper body pain. Anyway sorry to ramble the point of me contacting, was I just wondered if you have any experience with wild yam or natural progesterone creams?

• Edited

Hi Monique,this all started in 2016, couldn't get out of the room would be spinning no control over my body, blood sugar dropped to low not a diabetic it's now 2018 gonna be 47,seen all kinds of doctors blood test nothing wrong told I have vertigo don't get the room spinning sensation much only twice in 2016, but lightheadedness everyday never went away since. Had symptoms of heart racing, tingling in right foot, acid reflux, ringing in ear, feeling weak, naseousness, weightgain in tummy looks like I'm pregnant,anxiety, headaches, more yeast infections u name it. Some have eased up, but right now still dealing with lightheadedness and itching have to take Allegra half of one every two to three days, doctor told me my allergy number is up gonna do the test soon. Menstrual skipped June,came in July and twice in August. Last for about 4 days.

• Edited

Hey there, try coughing hard every time you get the heart flutters, it stops them in their tracks, they are called SVTs 😇

• Edited

Amy, how are you? I'm totally with you -don't even feel like myself anymore. Let's just hope it ends soon. This group has been such great support.

• Edited

Hi Tinapas, I also have the intense burning tonque and/or mouth. It is very irritating and frustrating!

• Edited

Hi Topo14

Thank you for replying back , I have to say that is one of the most irritating symptoms I have as I have many others. I think the most devastating one that i have now that's been happening for the past year is that my hair is so dry and breaking and falling out. I dont even want to go out of the house anymore and the worst thing is that I feel like I'm going bald. I have many other symptoms and weird ones to. Starting from palpitations, joints hurt, very bad headaches,vertigo, swollen gums ,burning mouth and tongue and even my face burns I also a couple of months ago on the bottom of my feet started burning. Last year when I ate food it was getting stuck or least like it felt like it so I had to go for a procedure and everything was good with that.i have been to emergency rooms,surgeons and doctors I just feel like I'm gonna die. I have never felt like this in my life.right now I fell very depressed and no hope.

• Edited

You describing the symptoms i had experienced when i was 47 through 50 years old!! Then one by one, they gone! I do get once in a while the feeling of something stuck in my throat but doesnt lasts long! The last 2 months went to a diet eating clean and that makes a big difference!! Now i have other symptoms that i didnt had before..crazy BP readings and cholesterol issues... it doesnt end!!! Im going to be 53 and it will be close to 9 years dealing with this!!

Feel better xxxx

• Edited

many of the same. late for the 3rd time this year finally came. haven't fully missed any. going on 4 years. there are many days now I think I'm dying and if not I wish I was. this is hell. I have tried otc creams, compounded creams. nothing helps. another bonus to Peri is getting every negative affect to any medication. yay

• Posted

Hi

can i ask what macca is please and how it can help.

Thanks

Kerry

• Edited

Hi Alicia,

I have all of your symptoms (im 40 now). Do you still have the ringing in your ear? if not, how long did it take to go away? that is annoying me too much. Any insight would be helpful.

thanks,

Megan

• Edited

i am shocked reading this. i was in so much pain the last 2 days. my shoulder then up my neck. felt like a bruise. i am so thankful its gone for now..... whats next?

• Edited

yes.dont stress about it.only makes it hang around.it will go away perimemopsuse is crazy.

• Edited

Hey Megan… Sorry to say, I’m 53 and postmenopausal and I still have the ringing. In fact as I walked into my bedroom and opened the window, it started intensely, I thought my God, when is this going to end ?! it’s not all the time, but when it happens, it is sharp.

• Edited

Hey Christine, Did you notice laying in bed was worse, were you able to move your arm up and over your head? Only asking as when I laid in bed, when I had frozen shoulder, last year, it was much, more intense. Do you think it was frozen shoulder? Massage therapy, several sessions, spread out over months, worked for mine. In Chinese medicine is called “50's shoulder“, because most women at this time of life experience it. Google exercises for frozen shoulder on the Internet in case it’s that and start doing them 😃 Good luck!

• Edited

I agree! This group is so supportive. It just helps to know that I am not alone going through all these crazy symptoms. Right now, my worst is the anxiety. No matter how hard I try to stay calm and not be anxious, it just doesn't work! I am at my wits' end, worrying about any and everything under the sun. You're right - I don't even feel like myself anymore either. I hope this all will pass soon so I can start enjoying my life! By the way, I am 48, and have been having most of these symptoms on the list for years....

• Edited

Hi Sarah!

I'm going through the same thing! i can deal with the other symptoms but not the crazy anxiety..i cant enjoy anything anymore, because regardless i'm anxious about everything!!! I'm 53 and its been going on for the past 7 years..it stopped last year for a while or it wasn't as bad at times but the last 6 months its been hell...im blessed with beautiful children/grand children a good life and i cant enjoy them because inside me im scared and anxious ...

hope you feel better soon..

• Edited

Hi marie ,

i was so relieved to find jay and her 66 perimenopause symptoms panic attacks, night dreads .anxiety , impending doom worried about dying were my worst symptoms as well but they are slowly improving . without meds even . you are not crazy its those dang hormones up and down . Tell yourself you are ok and not alone its just a surge of hormones it will pass i just got to ride it out . im sorry to hear you feel this way too it is horrible ! keep following this forum that helps to see its just perimenopause you are gonna be ok it has to end !

best wishes

april

• Edited

I too suffer from anxiety due to peri. I am 50. I would have gone mad without this group. It is great to read and share experience. We know that we are not alone and our other fellow ladies go through similar experiences so it kind of normalizes things. Take care ladies

• Edited

Wow! you took the words out of my mouth. I just told my daughter this today. The fuzziness in my head makes me feel those impending doom feelings and I HATE THEM! I appreciate your post. With prayer and positive thoughts we will get through this mess.

• Edited

Hi Sarah,

I actually had a time where most symptoms had disappeared or greatly improved for about 12-18 months. Then my peroids stopped altogether and now (it's been 12 months without ) things suddenly are getting worse again. Ugh!!! It's all coming back in full force...

I'm 48 now and had to start taking BP meds too, because my blood pressure went up. So now I am back to just trying to survive everyday rather than enjoy living them. 😦

• Edited

Hi Delise,

I have the same problem with meds now too. It is difficult to find something I can take without severe side effects.

This really sucks!

I hope you are doing better now...

• Posted

Hi Tinapas,

how are you doing? I hope your symptoms have gotten better...

Hugs Sonja

• Edited

Hi Sonja

It is very thoughtful that you are thinking about me. I can say very few symptoms went away . I am still struggling with many other ones and feeling depressed . I feel like the dryness and the thinning of my hair got the best of me. I have no confidence what soever . I am trying to stay strong.❤

• Edited

Oh, hang in there! I will be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts. We can and will get through this!!

• Edited

Hi Tina,

I'm struggling with feeling depressed about it all too. It's just not easy, plain and simple. But I hope you hang in there. My hair line continues to recede. I will get a wig if I have to. I have already decided. One less peri symptom to fret about. Thinking of you!!! xo

• Edited

Dear Cindy,

I know you absolutely right I need to accept it for what it is but its been a big struggle . I will try to let it go because there is so much more to life then obsessing about something you have no control over. Thank you for being so kind to take the time out to write to me.

Love Tina

• Edited

My pleasure. It's hard! And people who aren't going through it just can't seem to understand, no matter how hard they might try.

• Edited

i have shoulder pain on a daily basis and it radiates to my left hand,up to my chest. sometimes my chest is weak and i start wondering if its my heart. thats my worst symtom and am worried. is that how you feel?

• Edited

hi! i also have shoulder pain from March and it s every day. radiates on my arm, fingers and breast. i noticed that only my left part is in pain. the pain is terrible, i have days when i would feel like screaming. i started to take contraceptive pills and evening primerose oil and femicur and the breasts look better, cause they used to be inflamed and painful. i did all the possible test before understanding i am struggling with peri. i thought i have lyme, lupus, reumathoid poliatritis, shogren syndrome or cushing. nothing, do they concluded i am unhappy. can they be happy with this terrible pain every day? good bless us all for enduring such pain with dignity.

• Edited

try castor oil

massage the shoulder with castor oil place a warm clothe on the shoulder after massage

for 30 minutes

repeat twice a week

that help me

• Edited

hi! i noticed you mentioned the pain and aches in arm and fingers. are you better now? i have terrible pain in my left shoulder, arm, breast and fingers. it s unbearable and i would like to know if you found smth to ease your pain. thank you!

• Edited

hello! i am having my breasts and especially the left one swollen and painful. i did 4 scans and a mamo and all came back ok. any advices on this, saw you had the same problems 19 months ago. thank you. i also have terrible fingers pain.

• Posted

Hi Malina,

I just went through this two weeks ago.

i thought was swollen lymph nodes and panicked so the dr send me for an ultrasound to make sure no blood clots..

everything cane back normal so he said to take some advil!! its all hormonal..

so few days later was gone. now im dealing with heartburn & stomach ache !!

feel better and happy holidays xoxo

• Posted

hi vickie! i know you posted this message 2 years ago, but you mentioned swelling in your hands. what was the remedy and can you tell me more about the swelling. i have my inner elbow and my palm and fingers a bit swollen and hurt me so bad. i would like to know if yours were caused bu peri and what did you do to ease your pain. thank you! Happy New Year!

• Edited

Dear Kayty

I get breast issues too. Itching, sore, lumps, tenderness, pain. Been to my doctor as I'm so worried, but he cannot find anything of concern.

• Edited

i am going through this today. Just started out of nowhere whole i was at work. Very scary!!

• Posted

i have now had blood pressure issues for the last 2 years. all if my symptoms were onset after stopping depo provera birth control. my body has been in shambles ever since, i believe the synthetic hormones have pushed me into perimenopause.

• Edited

hi Nancy - Yep! i am not sure where you are, peri/post, but i am post 7 years, but didnt really start having severe symptoms until about 3 years ago. i woke up one day in December 2018 & had such intense right knee pain, i felt like crying, went to ortho & he said "oh, you have 4 things wrong with your knee, almost bone on bone, bakers cyst, arthritis, & meniscus shift, nothing physical therapy cant help you with until you are ready for knee replacement" - well, during this time of babying my knee, doing exercises to strengthen muscles around knee , my leg leg started to feel "puffy" around the knee, almost like carrying extra weight, i developed two fat "puffs" below my knees that are just that, fat. Then came the unbelievable achy muscle, tendon, ligament pain that i deal with everyday - Oddly enough, my right knee doesnt hurt that much, its more my left leg, but this situation has rendered me almost handicapped. i dont have swelling in my ankles only around my knees & came on suddenly - i have been checked out by my dr & rhumatologist - they of course have no answers - have been dealing with it for almost 1 1/2 years - i should mention i am overweight & know losing weight would alleviate the stress on my joints, but i feel like this is loss of hormone driven - i am also so achy when i wake up & i was checked for fibromyalgia - it's definitely not a fun experience - i try to just work thru it, but it has changed my life -

• Edited

Oh I hear you!! Every pain I feel, no matter how small convinces me I have cancer. Honestly, I just want this over with. I do hope that when menopause eventually shows up, it all gets better. And the stomach issues! I'm just about 46. I have had my period since age 11. I feel I have paid my dues and then some. So glad we have this forum! Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi Kim, thank you for sharing your experience. I have pretty much dealt with everything on the list. However the symptoms are showing up closer together. Currently I'm dealing with dry eyes and headaches. Any advice? I am 49 and the family has gotten sick of my complaining. Thanks.

• Posted

Hello Monique, thank you for sharing your experience. I have had nearly all the symptoms on the list. It's like wackamole, something pops up everyday. Right now I have headaches pretty much everyday and dry eyes. How long did your dry eyes last? Any suggestions on resolving them? I've been using artificial tears but it is only a temporary relief. Thank you!

• Edited

Yes! My legs ache every night! Sometimes when I get up I walk like I'm 80, I'm 53

I just made an appointment with my gyno today to get my blood work hormone levels checked.

• Posted

I went about 5 months and then IT showed back up again. So disappointing!

• Edited

I'm the same. I went 5 months and then started spotting for 3 days. i thought that was it, but a day later I started a very heavy period that lasted for 15 days. I had a 6 day break and started another period. It's still heavy, but I'm hoping it doesn't last long. My breasts are so tender too, even taking my bra off is uncomfortable.

• Edited

I've just started with dry eyes and headache from it. Feels like pressure behind eyes causing headaches. it's dry itchy eyes right in the corners. Have you found anything that's helping?

• Posted

Hello Leslie,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I visited the eye doctor first to make sure I wasn't having any eye pressure.

I began using Systane eye drops without preservatives for about three weeks. However after a while I developed post nasal drip and throat irritation, which I still have. Now I just wet a wash cloth with warm water, ring it out and place it on my eyes for about a minute. I do this 3,-4 times a day. That has worked great in relieving the pain. Hope this helps!

• Posted

Yes! I have had leg and knee pain recently, too. The inside of my left knee hurts like crazy when I go from sitting to standing, and I have also been having random leg pain.

• Edited

Hi, I'm so glad I saw this site and the comments. I started having anxiety attacks since Oct last year. This year I've had most of the symptoms listed...had blood tests done and all good. I'm currently experiencing burning tongue...I've been to dr and ent specialist...no alarms....have had this burning tongue for 2 months now....can any of you advise how I could get rid of this pls...many thanks

• Edited

I've had burning tongue/mouth/throat for around 6 years now, I havent found anything that will take the burn away. Some doctors say its all in my head and stress related and not an actual 'thing'. Like you i have had bad anxiety attacks also and ended up in hospital a month or 2 ago, I didnt even think I was anxious but it crept up on me. My BP fluctuates and I am medicated. This is not a fun phase in our lives x

• Edited

Hi Kylie, 6yrs!!! wow.. I've read that certain anxiety/depression meds can help with burning tongue...I've been on and off of Alzam for anxiety....I don't want to become dependent on it... my BP also fluctuates also taking meds for that....I'm a 42 year old stay at home mom of 2 teenagers...my husband says I think to much..its hard for him to understand what I'm going thru.....I've had bloods tested all fine, mammogram came back with no issues, lady bits checked...all clear..but....I'm dizzy at times, I wanna cry for no reason, night sweats, moody, tired, my burning tongue, sometimes I feel abit confused or I forget things......i wish someone would have told me what turning forty could be like for some..I would have been better prepared..if I was aware of changes maybe I wouldn't be having anxiety....its because of all this that I constantly think whats wrong with me...and that creates panic coz I always think the worst... .its definitely not a happy time for some of us....

• Edited

I have been since June - im 48 and just reached complete menopause - in june i had unexplained left outer breast pain after a cyst aspiration - breast surgeon assured me it was normal as i have fibricystic breasts but the anxiety kicked in and i asked for ultrasound which showed normal results thank god! next was a weird feeling on my jaw bone and neck - my dr said all looked normal but i didnt feel normal so off to the ENT i went and was told its in my head - next was allergy test after waking up with rash on my chin a few times - not allergic to anything !! then began a weird pinchy feeling to the right of my belly button / started moving up to right side under my rib cage - ribs feel sore to touch on and off but the ache moved up to gall bladder area; went for ultrasound - liver pancreas gall bladder normal - i continued to push and saw the GI dr and today had colonoscopy and endoscopy- dr says mild inflammation and gastritis but sent some specimens to rule out celiac disease - i dont have many of the symptoms of celiac disease - bowel movements normal - no nausea or vomiting - i feel a dull twinge in my back where my gall bladder area is and i really believe my hormones are making my gall bladder spasm - i had a chest xray in august all good my bloodwork was done two weeks ago all normal! and this uncomfy feeling is bugging me - ive never been to the dr more than 2 times a year prior to menopause- my family thinks im overreacting - but i know what i feel! the rib tenderness bugs me - anybody feel this way??

• Edited

I am so sorry I missed tour reply. You sound just like me, I sometimes wonder if I have something wrong with my brain, I am always forgetting where I put things and forget what I was going to say etc yes I'd say we do think too much but I also think its too hard to stop the negative thinking, impossible almost. I don't think anyone should judge us unless they are experiencing the same thing. My health anxiety is just off the charts.

• Edited

I've definitely had the butterfly feeling in my chest. It happens a lot when I'm anxious or if I have a gas build up in my upper stomach. I think that sensation is "normal". The dr said it's related to heart palpitations. If you drink a lot of caffeine try eliminating it or at least cutting back on it. You're definitely not alone.

• Posted

Oh my gosh potato chips, never liked them before, now buying a pack every second day! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

• Posted

Punctal plugs work great for dry eyes and they only take about 5 minutes for them to put in. You will not even feel them. I would start out with only one in each eye, on the bottom. If that is not enough you can get another in one or both of your eyes.

• Edited

Agreed. I am post menopause but still suffer greatly due to loss of hormones. I really am trying not to go back on Prozac due to it making my acid reflux worse. My anxiety is not logical and is extreme when i go on vacation. Ugh go figure. Any other help would be appreciated. I am 6 years out from my last period

• Edited

sorry this reply is so late but yes I get this too, and also little twinges of pain sometimes too like electrical shocks. i also,get some rib pain on the left side which the doctor says is muscular, its an horrendous cycle is t it, which just increases the anxiety levels. Im 58 now, 5 years post and still it all continues. for breast pain I took evening primrose oil and it did help

• Edited

hi. hun

I see you stated you lost a lot weight it's from the menopause.

• Edited

hi kim93615d yes i did lose alot of weight during peri but once menopause hit i gradually starting gaining it back. im 2 yrs post and it gets better but im still dealing with issues.

• Edited

hi, hun

what issues are you dealing with. Do you have bowel like your bowel don't want to move. I don't have no Appetite, on the left side of my stomach under my rib is sore and it just be gurgling on that side. it's more

• Edited

Are you still in perimenopause? yes! imdealing with bowels being constipated. Sometimes i use it then the next day constipated. As for the gurgling, i know exactly what you mean. During peri i had it a whole lot. Right now I have no appetite either , i think it may be gastritis Have you been checked for gastritis?

• Posted

hi, hun

I just five years this year without a period. I don't how long perimenopause last the gy look inside of me and said your walls are changing but she didn't tell me what stage. for the I lost the weight when I first started I gain it back and started losing it again this Year. do this change life really do all this. I have and burning feeling on my left side, I burping from everything I try to eat. I am trying to handle this it's hard.

• Edited

hun

my bowel real soft it act like it don't want to come out. my sister told me to eat it's hard. don't know what this is this change really getting to me. the gy told me your walls really changing. I don't mean to be a bug I just need help

• Posted

Im sorry but do you mean you ve gone 5 years without a period? im going to send you a private message.

• Posted

Is Maca supplemt ? i guess it has tea too sp you are taking 612 and b6 ? I m taking folate and B12 but i didnt see any diffrence i have most of the peri stptoms on the list tired of thinking shat to do eveyday it holds me from doing any thing

• Edited

Thank you for your great advise , im 45 i started having some crazy syptoms around 40 its getting on and on . yeah i only see women doctors even for my general health issue but none of them i have seen seemed to understand my feeling other than refering me to specialist for example for the tinglling to neurologist . Finally i go to holistic approach doctor she did some blood work and labwork done and gave me tons of med along suppliments i didnt take any im scared to be more sick my body has bad reactions to meds so i dont know what to do it costs me around $1,800 and insurance doesnt cover any its sad what some of us are going through .

• Edited

yes! just random leg/knee pain. sometimes, if the pain is out of nowhere in my leg, i start thinking the worst (like i have a blood clot or something sinister). it seems like many days are spent mentally talking myself down from mad anxiety. This forum gives me a sense of sanity!

• Edited

Oh my god.. i a reading g all these comments and it start make some sense for me - why i feel what i feel .. Every small pain makes me think the worst.. anxiety.. body aches, joints, low mood, fogy vision, apathy and etc.

And just last week my period came very light and really brown in color and lasted only 3 days - taking into consideration that all my life my period worked as clock.. And this time periods have been accompanied with terrible nausea, night sweats, inability to fall asleep - seems like i can hear every small sound, even my own heart beat. Need to tell you, that 6 weeks prior this i started taking antidepressants to help me deal with my anxiety and stress and i assumed that all these symptoms was a side effect from my meds, so i have stopped it that have caused withdrawal and even bigger anxiety.. I thought i am going mad.. I have not even considered that i could be in "peri" stage.. But reading all the information and comments start to make sense why i feel like that... I am so relieved i am not crazy or ill - thats what my anxiety was keep telling me.. God bless all you Women, we will get through that and new life stage will begin 😃

• Edited

I'm with you on the chips Lol. I've experienced most of what's on the list and like you all I've had a terribly hard time. I've decided to adjust my eating habits to see if that will help me at all but honestly I just pray and that makes a difference. I will be praying for guys as well❣️

• Posted

I'm constantly talking myself down from the anxiety of worst case scenarios, too!

• Edited

Hi Tinapas, I can really relate to everything you're going through.My bad symptom lately is severe joint pain and swelling in my elbows. I've had blood tests and seen my regular doctor who's a female and my female gynecologist. They really don't understand how all this stuff is perimenopause related. Although my gynecologist did say "never say never in medicine." But yeah, when you're constantly experiencing a new weird persistent pain and the doctors don't know why, it is absolutely MADDENING,depressing and scary.

Can I ask you about the sensation of food feeling like it was getting stuck? I've had that sensation a few times....like it was in my esophogus and so painful! When you had your procedure did they find anything? Or was it just one of those weird things?

Anyway, it's a bit comforting knowing we're not crazy or alone in this 😃

• Edited

Hi Kelly. I have the same, and it's horrid! We feel we are literally dying! Trying to do everything positive to keep symptoms at bay to no avail! Seeing GP next week and asking for HRT! How are you doing now? x

• Posted

Hi,

I believe you. I don't feel like you do. I hope you figured out what ails you . Hang in there. I think we should all hang on each other. as these shenanigans needs to go ...☺️ ...

• Posted

Hello,

has anyone felt the electric shock sensation yet?

I had my first one last night. I tell you what its just like putting your tongue on the end of a 9volt battery. Weird feeling as I felt it through my head down my left arm. The feeling as if someone turned on/off the switch.

• Posted

I do. I had a panick attack today and my heart rate went up to 135 from sitting. But put into play that I ate before, its hot in the shop like 85 degrees. not hydrated enough ,stress, keep looking at the watch as it goes up and freaking out about it at work. It all sux!! 😭 .

• Edited

i had a panick attack today, started with palpitation and then i started feeling like i was having a heart attack. i was attending a friends 50th birthday party but had to drive back home. it was really bad. i stopped having it for a very long time but it started again. i cant deal with this all over again and i am so tired. i need help as quickly as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.