8 days post op

Posted , 27 users are following.

Hi I'm new here I had a posterior/anterior and vaginal vault prolapse repair and sacro spinous fixation 8 days ago and oh my goodness I wasn't expecting it to be this sore :-( one of the nurses at the hospital tutted when I said how sore I was and said it couldn't possibly be that painful which has made me worry that I'm over reacting :-(

Has anyone had the sacro spinous fixation??? I have got the most intense and burning pain in my right buttock and wondered if this was normal??

I know I mustn't expect too much too soon but I suppose I'm worrying because of what the nurse said and a couple of family members are making quite light of the situation and making comments about me being back to doing stuff around the house and right now that's the last thing I'm up to.

Thank you in advance for listening

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi have read your post and just wanted to chip in as although I only had an anterior repair I can completely understand the pain and its level.  When I woke up I was in so much pain in my back and bottom I couldn't even sit up properly was so confused as I expecting the pain to be internal.  The pain was so intense they took me for a CAT scan as surgeon thought she had knicked my urethra.  As you gave said no one explains about this pain. I am now 4 months post op back at work and find that after four hours on my feet the buttock pain returns.  In essence you are not alone and that knowledge alone will help you. Take the painkillers and be kind to yourself 

• Posted

Hi everyone. I am new on here . I had a sacrospinous ligament fixation on the 10th November and was in hospital 3 days. I have honestly never  been in so much pain (not even when I had my son) when going to the toilet. I have taken the lactulose and fibregel twice a day like I was directed and I also have some Ovestin cream (Oestriol) to help with internal healing. I had extreme pain in my biuttock area but the surgeon told me that was from the stitches (great I thought) I have had so so bowel movements but it is still agony and it makes me cry. I am wondering before I go and ask my Dr or the Gyno about seeing the physio for the pelvic floor exercises, the physio that came and seen me in hospital said that they will get in contact with me, so did anyone else have to see a physio? I know where this problem started I use to work in a clothing recycling place that part of the job was lifting 25kgs bags of clothing and standing all day... I now get more tired then I did before the operation and I do try to take things easy. And another thing is I know that there is spotting but is it normal for there to be alot more blood in the morning when you wake up? this is just starting I was worried when it started and thought something came apart. Let's hope this fixes it and I won't be working anywhere with lifting involved... thanks for listening/reading my issues smile

• Posted

You are still very early in recovery give it some time. As for the bleeding, i would at least put a call into your dr. If it gets heavy soaking a pad in less than an hour go to ER
    • Posted

I thought as much but I guess not having bleeding since before I had my hysterectomy years ago it was a shock. I will see the Dr later today and ask him. The only thing I dread now is the bowel movements... and no use me drinking prune juice or even eating prunes that does nothing.. thank you steph16921 smile

• Posted

are you taking any stool softener? You should not strain with bm no matter what
    • Posted

Oops I see that you are lol
    • Posted

I woke up this morning and saw what looked like a long bit of black stich. Now to me that doesn't look right or am I worrying too much.?

• Posted

I am on day15 after posterior repair, repair of enterocele and sacrospinous fixation so we can all compare how we feel!like most of you I had no idea of the amount of pain I would have constipation although I was taking octuplets and drinking lots of water was so bad I was screaming so go changed me to Placido but that was two days ago and dreading going for bm aga

• Posted

Loads of spelling mistakes sorry meds should read lavido

• Posted

Hi!

I also had sacrospinous hysteropexy and a rectocele repair 4 weeks ago and I still have severe right buttock pain and feeling of fullness in my bowels... When did your pain subside? I hope that you're doing well...

• Posted

I had the buttock pain for about six weeks and found it very uncomfortable to sit upright so lay on the sofa a lot. The bowel fullness feeling is still happening on and off and I am three months post op but not all the time. I am just beginning to feel a bit more back to myself but too uncomfortable to even contemplate any intimacy as all seems pretty weird down there! I did have a setback with recurrent UTI and also have a bladder prolapse that may have to be operated on later. Good luck with your recovery
    • Posted

Thanks Angela!

I'm sorry about your setback. I feel that my rectocele repair is healing well and no pain there but this buttock pain (inner side of right buttock that radiates to the side of the buttock and my hip) is unbearable and feels like it's getting worse. It's almost like burning... My doc said it will get better but I'm terrified. I have two small kids and a job and can't imagine living with this pain.

Thanks

• Posted

Due to persistent excruciating pain in my buttock I had my sacrospinous hysteropexy sutures removed yesterday. I'm in so much pain today, doubled on pain meds. Buttock pain remains.. anyone had to deal with suture removal? The weird thing is that prolapse is not back.. doctor says because we fixed rectocele my uterine prolapse looks better now. I really don't care about prolapse now and just want to be pain free...

I hope that I will be able to recover from this eventually... I'm so sad and desperate to get better now.

sad

• Posted

My update: sutures were removed 3 days ago, I'm still in huge pain in my buttock that radiates to my leg and hip. Doctor is puzzled because normally pain goes away once stitches are removed. I am on heavy pain meds but they don't help much. I don't have groin pain but my right buttock and the area were the stitches were is very sore... sitting is impossible. Bowel movements are agonizing as well...

I really hope that this will get better eventually...

any advice is appreciated.

All the best to all of you.

• Posted

I have just come in on this forum and have found it very helpful. I had a posterior prolapse sacrospinous 7wks ago and it has been the most painful thing I can remember for a long time. I also had a set back when my dog pulled me sideways at 6 weeks post op. Spent two days in bed lying on my side as the pain was so bad. Can't believe how this is effecting my life as I can't work yet or do very much.why do they not tell us these things!? Does anyone else have a sour smelling discharge with there's? I have had two urine samples and a vaginal swab done and all negative. But the smell is offensive and not right. Any ideas PLEASE?

• Posted

Hello Foxylox. Are you in the U.K.? I only ask because sometimes the basic path lab tests don't always pick up all organisms. Urine that smells as you describe is often a urine infection or an infection of the lining of the bladder. The latter may not show up on a test and personally I would have thought you should be prescribed antibiotics in view of your surgery.

• Posted

Sorry Foxylox, should have said discharge not urine but my answer is still the same x
    • Posted

Hi Matron

yes I am in the U.K. . Thanks for your reply. I didn't have antibiotics at all. My doctor says, as they have not grown anything, i shouldn't use any. My consultant has given me some nitro furantion small dose, but am not sure whether to take them as conflicting opinions. I should have said that I had my ovaries removed at the same time due to a benign cyst on my left ovary. Regretting having both removed now as I went into a full blown menopause again. I am 59 years old and had one already. I asked to keep my right one, but was persuaded by my Consultant to take them both. Really wish I hadn't. I feel a complete mess now. What do you advise I should do about the smell, possible infection now then matron! Thanks.

• Posted

P.s  foxylox here again. I have just checked and the nitro furantoin is 50mg one at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.