8 weeks post op TKR

Posted , 10 users are following.

8 weeks post op tkr and doing very well. PT likes my progress, bending to 118 as of 2 weeks ago. Still stiff and swollen especially in the morning. 

My problem is that in the evening the knee, especially behind it and the area just above and below plus my quad muscle is deeply aching more the last several days. Anything to be concerned about?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi pam I'm 4 months post ltkr and am now doing really well. At the end of the day you will ache your body has been through a traumatic time and is now in the process of healing. Yes it will take time I ice when my knee/leg/foot is aching. I used voltarol behind my knee to reduce the inflammation it seemed to help me, I did this before bed. Leg was not as stiff in the morning but don't go near your scar. Good luck and remember when your knee is aching listen to it, rest and Ice x

• Posted

Thanks so much...I assumed it was part of healing but good to hear from others in the same situation. I’ve read many posts about Voltaren cream....going to look into it!
    • Posted

Voltaren Gel (RX in the US, generic diclofenac elsewhere) is absolutely great...especially at bedtime.  If you live in a "legal state" in the US, the absolute BEST topical on the planet Earth is called "Lotion"...that's it...just "Lotion".  Available at any dispensary.  Green in tint, earthy in aroma.  Made from the whole plant but not systemic...just topical.  Pain gone in 5 minutes.  Amazing stuff.

• Posted

I saw your information about Voltaren Gel, which you can buy online, but I can't find any information about "Lotion".  Do you have a link where I can find information about it.  PKR and going on 6 weeks since surgery.  Doing ok, but will get terrible pain sometimes behind the knee.  Have to go back to work in 4 weeks and I drive a Transit bus and have to kneel and connect wheelchairs and drive for 8 hours straight.  Need to find something that will help with the inflammation and pain.  

• Posted

"Lotion" is a mixture of your favorite hand or body cream with some amount, depending on the person mixing it, of pure, whole plant "tincture" of that stuff they legalized in Colorado (and other states) a few years back.  Topical, not systemic, so there are no "after effects"...just pure pain relief in 5 minutes.  I ALWAYS have some available. 

It is NOT plain CBD oil as the tincture is made from the whole plant.  My daughter took 8 drops of straight tincture a day (a "drop" is the size of a grain of rice) almost 5 years ago for Stage 3, Type C, BRCA-1 breast cancer.  Given a year to live and the chemo doubling the size of the tumor in 7 weeks, she started the tincture regimen.  In four weeks, the cancer was undetectable.  Even at her double mastectomy, all the pathology came back zero.  Five year survivor...still completely clean.

Tincture cures cancer...tincture stops pain.  It's very simple.

• Posted

Thank you for the information.  I will try that.  Eight weeks after partial knee replacement.  Was doing good and then the back of the knee on my out knee and thigh feels like a pulled muscle and I can barely walk.  Will try everything I can.  Back to work in 4 weeks and I need all the help I can get. Thanks again.
    • Posted

I am in Minnesota, where can I get this tincture? I am trying anything for swelling and pain.

• Posted

Gotta be in a legal state with the right medical card or...know anyone out there?????
    • Posted

Going back to work at 12 weeks has not been successful for a large number of people who've tried it.  The knee isn't healed, you haven't rebuilt all the strength in your quads, glutes and core, regained your balance or can climb stairs well.  Most who tried it report lots of pain and swelling plus sleepless nights day after day.  Typically, "back to work" time is 4-6 months depending on many factors such as how much the knee has healed, the muscle rebuild, your age, the type of job you do, if a lot of lifting, walking or standing is required and more.  It's all very individual and there's no set time frame for it.  I wish you luck at 3 months but you need to be ready for the consequences if you're not one of the very lucky few who pull it off.  Just sayin'...

• Posted

Thank you what you have said is right. I work nights with learning disability adults so I’m up and down all night. I was living in dream land thinking I would be back after 6wks but I’ve been to hell and back with the abscess and the pain. I would rather give birth then go through this again I’m really fed up with it now 
    • Posted

Well, I'm hoping.  My doctor is sort of forcing me and says I'm ready.  Yes...I'm very sore yet.  I've been out since December 2017, due to major neck surgery and now my knee.  So...I go back to work, or I don't have a job.  Not a choice, if I want to keep my home and put food on the table.  I'm a transit driver, and luckily it's my left leg.  Crossing my fingers.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.