A poking-like sensation on various parts of my body

Posted , 54 users are following.

I’m not sure if my case could be classified as muscle disorder, but definitely there is something wrong with it. I’ve been suffering from sleep disorder for the past ten years. One of the symptoms that keep on interrupting my sleep at night is a sensation of a very focused pulsation, a poking-like sensation, on various parts of my body: head, neck, limbs, torso, everywhere. Most of the time it feels like someone is poking my body physically with a thin but strong object such as a blunt pencil tip.

The intensity varies from time to time. When it gets strong it makes me feel like I’m being hit by a hammer; when it gets sharp it feels like a needle head pricking my body. Sometimes it’d hit me continuously when I try to fall asleep so that I wouldn’t be able to sleep; sometimes it’d hit certain spots on my body during my sleep and repeat itself in succession until I’m woken up, and sometimes just a single hit would get me up at night.

It has been a major part of the symptoms of my sleep disorder, among other things. This particular one has gradually moved from happening during my sleep at night to happening when I am fully awake during daytime. So technically I can’t really think of it as simply sleep disorder anymore.

It puzzles me a great deal. There is nothing I can do to prevent it from happening, and there is no cure I know of that might help. It doesn’t matter where I’m in the world, it just follows me around. I know it sounds strange and it feels strange to be plagued by this torturous thing. For a long period of time I’ve been suffering it in silence. I don’t know how to deal with it, but I know I have to live with it everyday for the past decade.

Has anyone experienced a similar disorder and found a cure? If so, please share with me. Could anyone offer some suggestions as to how I should treat this horrible disorder? I need your help desperately. Thanks

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I also feel this but in my legs and upper thighs. I have no idea what it is but it feels like a fly has landed on my leg, or if a person is softly and annoyingly poking me.i wish I knew what this was.
  • Posted

Hey I commented on this post around 2 or 3 years ago. Over those years I pretty much tested myself. I tried a whole bunch of different things with diet and exercising. It seems as if eating a good diet,exercising, decreasing the stress in my life has helped a little bit not completely. I noticed now that since school has started back up I have been less active and not eating as well that my poking has gotten worse. But yeah......I hope this helps at least a little bit. 
  • Posted

I have read this blog and am facing the same problem of poking all over my body.  It happens in every party of my body. strangely if I get pricked on my face I start erupting with pimples on my face.  If I get pricked in any part of my organs that particular organ begins to pain.  If I get pricked in my rectum then either I get constipated or run to toilet. The strangest things is that by 11.30pm every evening I get pricked as if I am being indicated to go to bed.  If I do not adhere then I get pricked nearly the whole night as if its a punishment for not listening and not going to bed when indicated. This problem started in 2015 with some unseen thing beating me literally.  It felt as if I'm being beaten with a stick I feel the beating but there is no literal person beating me.  Since I live in India I was told that this is some kind of witchcraft.  I don't know if this is true but I am being harassed very badly and loosing my sanity.  I cant do any thing in peace it's like I'm being haunted by a very bad spirit.  No one seems to understand me or believe me.  I don't know how to handle this please help me.  I was seeing a psychologist who prescribed me a brain calming tablet and a sleeping pill.  I was taking the medication but calming my brain is not the best solution I want to come to a proper conclusion.  The strangest thing is if my husband comes close to me or touches me then this pricking starts as if to say he has no right to do so and not that I have any problem with him being close to me.  If this is a nerve disorder then the pricking would happen anytime but this is something different.  It feels like something evil has come upon me and really disturbing and harassing me.

Somebody please help me.  My whatsup number is 9007086793

• Posted

Hi nicola, i have exact symptoms as you have. I didn't find a complete cure but going to gym and working out till i sweat has helped. EVery morning run for atleast 30 mins. Make it a habit. This will reappear if you stop it.

• Posted

I have the same problem .now it’s poking below the my down lips .some times it’s in head .if any one find any solution plz let me know also my no9656106778
  • Posted

Hello everybody! Please contact me on WhatsApp my number is +48574713948 if this doesn't work you may try 0048574713948 I have a similar problem and I'm desperate for help. Thank you

• Posted

I use Hadol Anti-Psychotic it has saved my life.

I used to feel poking on my stomach and like red hot burning pokers were stabbing me.

Ever since I started using Haldol I have my life back.

• Posted

Hello I have simular problem Im 15. I think it have something to do with teamperature and sweating. When i go outside on sun it happens almost every time.
  • Posted

I have the same pricking sensation all over my body and triggered by movement, even the slightest movement. I have no clue what to do and neuro says it's anxiety.

• Posted

I have the same exact symptoms prick pins that stings in my left head and body, feels like something Tiny sharp moving inside the head and body. Any cure or treatment for this? Does anyone know the cure and treatment because I’ve done all test and all was clear, please advice I feel something something invisible poking inside my body , please help and advice with treatment or cure.
  • Posted

hi iv'e had this sensation for 2yrs hope this helps what i found works for me after many trials of products.I use neem oil to bathe and cream the cream is tea tree Manuka and Neem cream both available on amazon.

• Posted

look into remote neural manipulation. rnm. no touch torture done by satellite technologies.

• Posted

Hey Guys, I have the exact same problem. A poke every couple moments that occurs throughout the course of like an hour every day or so anywhere on my body. It's been happening for a few months now and I also have been suffering in silence. It really does feel like someone is torturing me. Lets be real here guys we know it's real, whatever it is. I tried coming to reality, I scratch but none of it really makes any difference. It will happen again the next day. I know from my experience it's sometimes a little more than a poke. Some weird s**t is happening to me. I know that I don't have a solution and I just really hope you guys are gonna be okay. Cause I think I'm dead soon. I don't understand why this is happening to me I'm only 20. For those of you in the future reading this. Focus on exactly what you can change in reality, like your thoughts about it. Your thoughts are as real as any poke, remember that. Stay positive and keep to reality, and also think dynamically. Free yourself of your mentalities. Bye guys.

• Posted

look into remote neural manipulation. rnm. no touch torture done by satellite technologies.

• Posted

I have been having feelings of needles/ pins poking my skin on my arms, back & legs. Even feelings of something crawling on my skin but nothing there.

These pokes feel like a shock & makes me jump sometimes.

It happens while I'm awake or asleep. It gets annoying.

Like if someone has a voodoo doll & poking at me Lol.

I have read it can be caused by diabetes or Multiple Schlorosis.

Is anyone here a diabetic & getting these feelings?

• Posted

• Posted

Hello! I hope you are still on here as I wonder if you have found relief? I have been having the same issue along with some occasional periods of dizziness/being off balance . Dr is testing me for vitamin and mineral deficiencies. If bloodwork comes back normal I have to have scan of my head. I do have anxiety but it was completely under control when these symptoms started. I take a PPI and have stomach and digestive issues Does any of this sound familiar to you? THANKS!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.