Age Ranges??

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi I would be really interested to find out what the age ranges are on here for you with peri/menopausal symptoms? I am just turned 40years old and would like to see if there are women my age? Thanks

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Becky

I cannot be sure exactly as the onset for symptoms for me was gradual

Until I started seeing a trend or cluster of symtpoms, that made me start to question my hormones. I was around 40 or close to 41 when I started weirdly with skin changes on my face, developed melasma which I had never ever had , even during pregnancy. Then erratic cycles, one month 28, next 29, next 28 etc. I was always a 28 day cycle exactly. Then around period, hot sweats at night waking me up (maybe 3 times a month), insomnia around period, weird dizziness etc....

These became more pronounced with time. I am now 44 and having hormone tests in 2 weeks.

Welcome to the club!! It's not so bad with us gals on the forum! Great wisdom and advice here from sisters across the globe!

Sydneymum

• Posted

Hi Becky

I am 41, started Peri a few years ago not even sure when just put it down to stress and life circumstances back then.

Started low dose HRT 5 weeks ago and feeling heaps better now

• Posted

hi becky, i am 52 and have been peri for the last 3 to 4yrs, having everything thrown at me symptom wise just like many other wonderful ladies on this site, try to keep smiling although it's hard to sometimes, love and light x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.