Age Ranges??

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi I would be really interested to find out what the age ranges are on here for you with peri/menopausal symptoms? I am just turned 40years old and would like to see if there are women my age? Thanks

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi becky, I was about 43 ish, but I have suffered all my life with really bad pms pmt, and sweating every two weeks, it's been a horrible journey, no one really helped just kept saying I was depressed, I can't tell you how many ADs and councilers I have been to see.

i am now 51 and still sweating, the anger has gone, the suicide thoughts gone, no monthlys, in total I think I may have been meno proper meno for about 6 years, it's got to end soon , I hope. 

• Posted

I've had anti Ds thrown at me too but since seeing this site I know what's happening hut there having none of it coz my bloods are Normal
    • Posted

Interesting Scampi,

You are post meno 6 yrs?

How long did it take for the anger/low moods to go away? Please give me some hope today that those horrible moods will end.sad I had PMS prior and once a cycle started my mood lifted back to my old self. Now it's without any real schedule, I do pray these type of days will come to a halt once and for all.

There are some days I am ashamed of the really short fuse I have at times. It's so ridiculous what I'll get upset over. I have to catch myself. Then there are the days I feel low. Lately I know there's a reasonable explanation for the low mood, (loss of dear friend recently) but for the most part I can chart out a crazy cycle (even though I don't have regular ones each month) of my weepy days. Terribly frustrating for me and I'm sure my husband. Why he stays is way beyond me.

What type of symptoms besides sweating are you dealing with now? I know there is light at the end of the tunnel, as others have written, but if you don't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.

thanks,

Annie xx

• Posted

Sorry becky, but I'm 54, got peri symptoms that I think I'd had for years and years.  But the worse part - especially if your 40yrs old and want a bit of reassurance that it'll be over and done with in a few years!! - is that I'm still as regular as a teenager every month!

Sorry kid, but I did ask Santa for my first missed Period for 2014 - but he gave me 2!!

Seriously, as an educated guess,  I think the youngest I've replied to is around 20 sad, and maybe 57 and still getting regular Periodssadsad

At my age of 54, all my 3 sisters were well into proper menopause - I am the youngest of the family........in fact I feel like the runt because of thislol!

You will find a wealth of info from the best bunch of women ever on this forum, so don't feel alone and definitely read a few of the discussion threads: they hold so much info for you.

If fact, because of your age, you'll end up like the fountain of all knowledge before long, and all your girlfriends will be coming to you for advice!!

Sx

• Posted

Hi i was 45 in peri im now in post at nearly 53 and id love to no when the aches, pains and feeling tired stop, i so wanna be normal again.Any one got any ideas x
    • Posted

Hi trudy

I'm 54, think I've been peri for years and years: honestly.  Hoping that the worse of it's over, as I think a lot of my symptoms might have been shrouded in other emotional/stressy times (3 bereavements; Business & Family Home sale) over the past few years.

I am gutted that I'm still bleeding regualr as clockwork at my age, especially as all my sisters were all post-meno at my age.

Can I just ask:  did you take HRT or any other vit/min supplements?  Only asking because I'm not taking HRT (yet!), and only taking Menopace and a bit of magnesium (dabbling with bioidentical Progesterone Cream too). 

For what its worth: I wouldn't now be without the Menopace as since I started taking it on 1st Jan pretty soon after I started to feel 100% better with regards my really bad aching joints and low mood in particular. 

I suspect I was probably depleted in almost all the vits/mins I'm now taking, and that's probably why they're working so well for me.

Sx

• Posted

Hi Shaznay i have had no bleed for 3 years.MIne started to taylor off may 1 every 2 months then 3 then they just stopped,i was never heavy anyway,all through this you are peri.i had hot sweats well all really.I put up with it until i couldnt bare the sweats anymore,day and night,i wasnt sleeping,i would go to work and every 10 min i would have to sit down before i fell down i would get soaking wet then be fine,any stress would cause another one.I took menopace plus and then tried fx menopause which worked for awhile. I couldnt take anymore and went to DR and said give me HRT but i was reall bad at this point,id tried for approx a year and give in.I was on it for 6 months but although it stopped the sweats after 4 nights after awhile i started getting acne real bad and just went down hill.She changed me to the patch but there was somthing not quite right i felt run down and miserable all the time,i think my body was rejecting it,i took it off and touch wood i havent had any sweats since its been a month.I no my body so well i think it was telling me i ddint need it.Im now on menopace again.Hope this helps xxx

• Posted

Good for you kid! I'll not rule out HRT as have 'bad bones' in the family so don't want hip replacement ops like my mum .

She had 3, all post-Meno, poor little cow. Having said that she had 30-odd good, lively years post-meno. I'll have some of that. Ta:-) !!

At the mo I don't feel too bad at all, mainly as the joint pain's so much better. And my overall mood is really good. I'm a bit of a hot-head by nature, and most of my sisters are and my mum was (I'm the only blonde in a family of redheads, so it comes with the territory!). Only sometimes when I go 'into one' I have to say its a 'normal' rant and not a 'peri' rant:-)!!

Just waiting for my first missed period, and PRAY I don't get the hot flushes then, as I'd love to get through this without taking HRT, because I wouldn't want the symptoms to return when I finally came off it.

It great being 54 out know!!!:-)

Sx

• Posted

Hi Becky, I'm 40, and my first symptoms started a little over a year ago. My mother was also my age when she went through this, and she keeps telling me it was over for her at 43, so I'm really hoping I don't have too many years of this left to get through!
    • Posted

Hi I'm so glad you've replied to me! None of my friends my age or older are going through this so feel like I'm on my own! What's your worst symptom? Mines the nausea & feeling spaced out.
    • Posted

I have horrendous headaches dizzyness Nausea spaced out feeling I could go on list is endless
    • Posted

Last year it was anxiety. Now it's palpitations and acid reflux - gak! I also have gotten rather forgetful, and the anxiety has turned into health anxiety (every time I forget a word, I worry that it's early onset dementia. Every time the acid reflux makes me start coughing, I worry that it's lung cancer. And knowing that I'm being silly still doesn't make that nasty little voice in the back of my head shut up). I just keep calling my mother to remind me that it gets better.
    • Posted

Not fun, is it?

Keep your chin up - we'll get through this!

• Posted

yes I have the spaced out too and awful nausea in the mornings like being pregnant again (definately not!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.