Aged 46. Is it perimenopause?

Posted , 17 users are following.

Severe pressure headaches,anxiety and depression.Tinnutus,weak legs,balance problems,acid reflux,hyper sensitive,can't get any sleep 😕

2 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am 41 and I too am having all them symptoms along with pins and needles in my arm. I need to go to the doctor really as my mum went through early menopause and because she never went on HRT she now has osteoporosis so i am worried. I have done lots of research on this and I have been taking macafem for a month or so now and I must say my symptoms have improved so it maybe worth a go. i got these from Amazon. I have been very upset thinking that the menopuase is coming and i had no idea about perimenopause... Next time round, i am coming back as a man!
    • Posted

Its is some kind of herbal remedy that offers natural hormones. Google it. The way i was feeling a month ago, I thought it was worth a try. It has definatley helped with my moods and being upset all the time.
    • Posted

Hi Kezzabird - omg i never thought the pins and needles i had had in my arm would have anything to do with menopause!!  thought i was just falling apart generally!! how bad were your mood swings, did the macafem help with those - mine are awful i am a different person...:-(
    • Posted

Hi Jayne, initially they did help but not now. I'm miserable. I'm doom and gloom. Nothing makes me smile. I hate the person I've become. I've actually made an appointment with the doctor now. I want and need help. I'm getting more and more anxious and withdrawing more and more. My partner is ready to leave me. He says he has not seen me smile in months. This is awful xx
    • Posted

i hear you hunny, i am the same too - luckily my fella is the kind that will research things and is willing to hang on in there but for how long ???  the anti depressents have helped me but i feel i need more, my black moods scare me - like you i just want me back...  i found this site really useful last year when i had a gallbladder removal so returned for this, i think it really helps knowing you aren't alone :-) x

• Posted

Hi there

I feel exactly like you. I'm withdrawing from all things. I am so anxious and down I hate it. My husband is so good but I feel guilty as hell. I usually am so happy and friendly. Now I'm always ill and I'm so down

• Posted

Hi Michelle

im seriously thinking of hrt but just don't know enough about it and guess i have only heard the bad bits..   someone else wrote about pins and needles in their arm - i had this for a few days a few weeks ago, thought i had just slept funny!! what the hell is that all about,,, my poor partner doesn't know if im coming home from work or curella !!!

• Posted

I went to the doctor today. I am starting HRT the day my next period starts. I'll have to wait and see fingers crossed
    • Posted

see i don't have the periods which is a blessing as i still have a coil (my last one apparently, that helped the mood)! so not sure when i would start - what did the doc say about hrt - benefits v drawbacks?
    • Posted

I'm wanting to go on hrt purely to stop these down thoughts but also to lower my risk of osteoporosis as I went with my mum to see her rheumatologist and its heredity and can be brought on by menopause so I'm hoping this works in my favour and I don't have to fight the doctor! X
    • Posted

For sure. I think about that osteoporosis too. But I won't be getting any help until it's on paper for docs. I'm getting tired of fighting.
    • Posted

Hi jayne,

What I have learnt.

Anything HRT that starts with 'pre' eg. Premarin prempac is made using horse urine. It was these types used in the scare stiudies/trials.

Bio identical HRT is made using wild yams or soya they are called bio identical because the same estrogen is extracted as one of the ones our bodies make (we make 3).

Patches containing estradiol and transdermal gels are probably better for you as they bypass the liver and digestive system.

The patches that have both estrogen and progesterone contain a synthetic progesterone.

Micronised progesterone such as utrogestan is more natural and is made from soya or yams.

If you use the progesterone like this you have to remember to take it separately, it's used 12 days of the month and I take mine on the first 12 days of every month.

Most doctors seem to offer horse urine types unless you ask specifically for a bio identical.

Hope this helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.