Aged 46. Is it perimenopause?

Posted , 17 users are following.

Severe pressure headaches,anxiety and depression.Tinnutus,weak legs,balance problems,acid reflux,hyper sensitive,can't get any sleep 😕

2 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ive got every symptom in the book then some.

Anyone suffer extreme bouts of nausea???

Its making me so depressed.

Ive been off my AD mirtaazipine for a week after gradually weaning down. I know this could have something to do with it but that aside this has plagued me for last couple years on and off.

Any suggestions ladies. Im currently taking ginger capsules but my peri anxiety is in overdrive so im convinced something terrible is wrong.

Had two upper endoscopies showed nothing.

Desperate to get rid of this nausea sad

• Posted

The Mirtazapine forum has lots of helpful tips om withdrawing from Mirt. Deminhydrinate, the tablets they give for motion sickness helps with nausea. Drink lots of Chamomile tea or make a tea with a mixture of Fennel, Cumin, Chamomile, Lemon Balm and Pepper Mint. Be careful with what you eat. You might not have much appetite anyway. If nothing helps and it gets worse, you might have to reinstate the last dose of your Mirt. like I did.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice. Are you still on the low dose. I was on 15 then 7.5 now nothing x
    • Posted

I went way slower than that. I am now taking .95 mg, which might seem like a ridiculously small dose, but it does make a difference for me. Next i am going to make a liquid suspension of Mirt and reduce it .1 ml at a time. May be every month.
    • Posted

I'm on 3.75 don't know if it's doing anything for me but I can't handle the other AD's I've tried.
    • Posted

I had that queasy all the time worse cooking or being in the vicinity of food. It was worse than when I was pregnant.

Extra strong mints, I always wondered why little old ladies always had them in their bags to offer lol.

I thought it was the action of sucking something and as I hated peppermints I tried a few other boiled sweets but peppermint worked best for me.

• Posted

Yeah it sounds like peri.

Depression and anxiety sorted with HRT.

Sleep still a problem.

Acid reflux tried proton pump inhibitors but found ginger capsules 2 before meals and ginger tea worked better for the acid reflux.

Tinnitus much better than it was after periods stopped.

Balance seemed to improve as well.

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Oestrogel and Utrogestan they are bio identical. I do get a monthly bleed again on it but that's a small price to pay.

• Posted

Hi zigange

Please can I ask what you did to combat the dizzies, was it HRT?

Thanks. Donna x

• Posted

Hi Donna,

Yes the HRT has made the dizziness better, it worked quite quick for it within 2 weeks but returned along with nausea and yuk taste in my mouth for about 2 weeks at 6 to 8 weeks in.

I almost stopped taking it at that point because I for a few days I was back to a place that was how sick and horrible I felt in peri, the fact that libido and depression/anxiety had got so much better plus the fact the doctor had told me maximum benefits may not be felt until three months kept me going.

I then had a week or so where things would come but be gone again quite quickly like they did when I was early peri.

By ten weeks I wasn't having anything the taste went away I had that so long I didn't think I'd ever be free of it.

Now at 4 months in I can still say I feel better today than I did yesterday but the bad day is nothing and would have been a good day 5 months ago (if you see what I mean).

I do still have sleep problems but i have had more better nights than previously, I have a painful shoulder that hasn't gone away other aches have though.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I had a really bad day yesterday, I honestly thought I was dying. I suffer horrendously from heavy bleeding (query endometriosis and adenomyosis) so I thought it was the loss contributing to the dizzies. I had to buy liquid iron yesterday and I'd ran out of B12, that'll teach me to become complacent about stocking up on my vitamins lol. I still feel weak and woozy today but hopefully the iron will kick in soon. Thanks again x
    • Posted

Thanks zig im trying to get livial at docs but on ads at moment
    • Posted

Hi Kathy,

I made it, peel and finely slice a couple of inches then simmer in a pint or so if water for 5 min.

I used to do a couple of pints and put the rest in the fridge and drink it cold too. I found it a bit hot until I got used to it but then started making it stronger and stronger. I really love the throat sting it does now.

I also found a good quality ginger cordial which does the same I still drink that regularly.

You can add a little sugar if you like (no milk obviously).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.