All HIV Symptoms but tests negative

Posted , 29 users are following.

The last 5 months have been a complete night for me. I became deathly ill following a potential exposure to HIV through unprotected sexual contact.

I had all ARS symptoms including severe muscles pains, headache, sore throat, inflamed lymph nodes, nausea, pins and needles in arms and feet and oral thrush.

i then continued to develop many other symptoms including: joint pain, extremely dry mouth, mouth sores/ulcers, recurring sore throat, vaginal thrush, petechial rash (little red dots all over body), weight loss, vertigo, constipation, liver/spleen pain, geographic tongue, vibrating sensations throughout body, pelvic pain, irregular bleeding/missed periods, metallic taste in mouth ... the list goes on

I am still suffering from oral and vaginal thrush, geographic tongue, various aches and pains and liver/spleen discomfort 5 months on.

I have tested for HIV at 4,5,6,7,8,9.5,11,12,14 and 16 weeks after the incident all negative using a combination of testing methods including 4th generation duo test.

I really feel helpless now borderline suicidal as I am 100% sure I am infected but the tests have not yet picked it up. I am considering a DNA PCR but have been putting it off due to the financial expense and my doctors will not do it for me.

I should also note that my doc ran a CBC during the acute illness which showed a significant drop in my lymphocytes.

Please someone help/offer support/guidance as I am desperate. The anxiety and depression is too much to handle.

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You won't be able to find the viral DNA as there was no RNA infusion to conduct reverse transcriptase process and form cDNA. If it really was the case, p24 antigen would have been already found or you would have tested positive on your antibody. We both know you got yourself 4th Generation HIV tests all the way.

Instead invest your money on therapy.

• Posted

i tested 5,6,7,9,10,11,12 and 13 weeks im conclusive as well im nerves too im i good

• Posted

You shouldn't hijack someone else's thread. I guess, that wouldn't be nice of you.

However, since you asked - You have conclusively tested negative, my response to jenny77918 applies to you as well.

• Posted

i mean no harm we have the same symptoms so i know what she going threw her mind going back and forth causes mine is 1min im good the next min im freaking out but she stress out im stress out with symptoms im going to lesson to you and everyone else and move on god bless us to make it to conclusive so we have to fight can give up

• Posted

Good luck Tae I hope you find peace with all of this

• Posted

good luck to you to we have to move foward and get back to being happy i know u fighting your mind everyday cause i am but so many people telling me im good so i have to believe it but i know how u feel cause im thinking about my symptoms and my body is not responding like it was i know i was good before this female i know how u feel every thing switch up on me but these but we have to start doing thing like talk to Counselors and eating healthier maybe it is are mind under so much stress and thinking but we have to start to get are mind off this and i know its hard lord knows i do but its time

• Posted

Extreme anxiety and depression can wreak havoc on your health , make you sick for real , lower your immune system and mimic real diseases when you don't have them.

My advice to you is ,go on an elimination diet ,avoid coffee and all stimulants , avoid alcohol ,smoke and drugs if take them. Take activated charcoal 3 x week (2 hours from meds and supplements ) and sleep more ,stay busy doing sport and other activities so you mind doesn't go to your fears .

• Posted

Sharing is caring .I had risky exposure in December 2016 .next day I fell ill .I got rash on trunk and shoulders .I was 100 %sure I got hiv then I didn't test for hiv.After one year I again caught flu,loss 5kg ,sore throat and thrush.Then I direct went to clinic and I told my doctor that that I had exposure and got these symptoms.he tested for hiv,test was finger prick test it came back negative.I thought that my body didn't able to produce antibodies so the test came back negative then I went to another clinic and I did duo test on Elisa essay again test came back negative.I did multiple tests ,cbc,hepatitis a to c,syphilis,Thyroid test,vitamins test,urine analysis,chest x Ray,candidiasis test and again all my tests became negative except vitamin d it was deficient .Then I tried my self to relaxed . it took two years now in last month I went to hospital again and I tested for hiv and hepatitis it came back negative.my symptoms are sore throat and white tongue.I had athlete's foot too.every day I open this blog and see people's posts .There are some people who are really helpful.

• Posted

have you been tested for cytolomegalovirus?

• Posted

Yes it was negative but positive for past exposure to EBV (Epstein Barr Virus)

• Posted

what about lyme disease?

• Posted

I dont live in an area where that would be an issue so doctors didnt test for it

• Posted

I appreciate your concerns and suggestions

• Posted

Can you scrape off the white coating on your tongue?

• Posted

Slightly right at the back there is a thick yellow coating that comes away with brushing. The rest of the tongue looks white but it very fine white projections. The sides of my tongue are also very sore

• Posted

sounds like geographic tongue. It is a common symptom of SLE or systemic lupus erythematosus

• Posted

Ive research SLE and i dont think thats what I have. I dont have the typical butterfly rash across my face and doctors have already tested me for autoimmune which came back negative

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.