Any tips for morning snxiety?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Day 17 and feeling awful in the mornings, all nervous, impending doom etc, any tips for getting up and on, it's so horrid 😞

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Is this from going on citalopram or coming off?

Magnesium glycinate, 200 mg in the am and pm to start, can be helpful for the anxiety.

• Posted

Going on. cool, I'll check it out xxx thanks
    • Posted

Not too bad thanks, I gave into the diazepam then went for a walk this afternoon, which I actually enjoyed ☺️ How about you, how's your day been? xxx
    • Posted

I'm alright but anxious right now but think it's cus I'm tired, would really love a glass

Of wine but I know I can't for a while don't want to take any backward steps my recovery is too important this time, my parents are heading away for 5 days tomorrow so bit nervous about that as I depend on my dad very heavily so feeling bit down about that x

• Posted

Oh god def don't drink it'll make feel really bad, my friend did that and it wasn't fun. It's a shame there's no way of sharing phone numbers on here, we could talk our way through the next week whilst they're away! xx
    • Posted

At least we have this lifeline, I couldn't get through some days without the reassurance from you and others xx have a good nights sleep xx
  • Posted

Hi Marf.  I so feel for you.  I've had those too and wonder if you are just starting medication or withdrawing?  My husband and I spend about 1/2 hour every morning doing some kind of spiritual work together.  Right now we read from Joyce Meyer's book, "Hearing From God Each Morning."  I'm at the end of my journey right now getting off of Citalopram and I find I cry alot.  My mixed up mind things it will never stop once I start crying, but of course it does.  I think I've got a lot of pent up emotions that need releasing and crying is the way to let them out so I don't get sick again.  I'm a cancer survivor.  I hope some kind of a spiritual practice and a good cry will help.  It has me.  Blessings sweet darling.  Kathi
    • Posted

hi, just starting xx just need to put my head down and persevere as I should've done it a long time ago xxx
  • Posted

Hi Marf,

Only get up and on when you feel you can, if not just do only what you feel you can! I used to see how I felt in the morning (or even different times of the day) and if I realised I was just feleing yuk, I'd wrap meself up in the duvet and do nothing. other times I did get up as if nothing was wrong and get on with  things (sometimes in a limited way). Then came the odd time I was up and out and suddenly didn't want to be where I was and returned to me duvet!

Horrid it all is, but you have some great people here, new friends to help. It is like being a part of an all inclusive Family!

Keep posting, keep reading and just keep on keeping on!

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

thanks David, I've not been doing this long but this forum has been amazing and really kept me going  xxx
    • Posted

Hello is anyone still on this thread? I'm going through similar stuff. Im through 4 weeks of Cit 10mg and still having bad mornings. But feel great in the evenings. Went back to work last week and did ok. But by the weekend i got worse. Is that because my mind is distracted during the week?  These high anxiety mornings with fear and palpitations are horrible. You forget how good you felt night before. 

Any advice? Dr said this takes 4-6weeks to level out. I guess I have to wait a couple more weeks. 

• Posted

This exactly how I recovered.  Evenings great and bad mornings.  As time went by the good feelings crept more into my day until it started mid morning ... even though each morning on waking was bad.  One day I finally woke with no anxiety.  All this took 6 months.

Don't rely on the 4-6 weeks levelling out rule.  We're all different and so we all take different times.  Just know that you're in recovery and those mornings will go.  Just let them be there, relax towards it and don't fight it.  Just get up, shower, go for a walk or whatever you do.  

There'll be setbacks to come, but this is normal and seems part of recovery.

Though it took me 6 months, I've been well for years now.

Don't try and force recovery, just let it come.

It'll happen for you.

K x

• Posted

Hi Marf, my heart goes out to you. Those morning feelings of doom are awful. The good thing is you realise what it is and can rationalise it. That's a good start. When it happens to me I remind myself that it goes away as the day goes on. I hope it does for you too.Take care, Susan 😊
    • Posted

thanks Susan, you're right and hopefully it'll wear off soon. How long have you been taking it? xxx
    • Posted

I have only been taking it for five days after coming off sertraline which wasn't right for me. I must say though that my morning anxiety is worse without medication. I hope you feel much better soon. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.